U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-03-2009, 06:28 PM

5,556 posts, read 9,152,293 times
Oh, we can do rides, but fly to San Diego? We'd be stopping for fuel every 3hrs. The plane is not really made for that...just low and slow...old 1930s technology...open cockpit where the wind rushes through your air and you can smell the rain storm from miles away. Perfect for watching sunsets and buzzing cows. I'll post a youtube video sometime. Gotta transfer it.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:52 AM

4,794 posts, read 9,767,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
This is all I heard.

I think WCat is bringing steaks, though....I do remember something about that...and a kid or two, Cat?
well....'kid' is sort of passe now Sapph. My son is 22 so he'd be happy to help knock out a few of those nasty cedar bushes if Nick has any in the way. On the other hand, he might be allergic and would rather have a flying lessson.

The daughter half of the offspring is 27 and is the one who can cook. Ill pitch in for the groceries and beer/bevs.....she can do some awesome sides to the steaks if they guys like handling the meat. Or she might want to buzz some cows too!

Nick.....you sure are a well rounded guy. How do you know so much. You have an awesome grand dad that taught you a lot of great stuff, right? My dad was in the AF and did his tour in Europe just like you mentioned. He was a navigator during the Berlin Airlift. He had some incredible stories about that time in history.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:40 AM

13,805 posts, read 18,233,105 times
Flying in an open cockpit styled plane is one of the only aircraft I haven't been in. That would be a lot of fun!

Old 08-04-2009, 05:38 AM

13,579 posts, read 21,090,943 times
RD just RSVP'd.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:25 AM

13,579 posts, read 21,090,943 times
Country Home Learning Center is getting a phone call from me this morning. I am sitting here in my living room on the computer, right next to the front window, and some guy with a messenger bag comes right up to my front door like he owns the damn place. My heart skips a beat or two and I was trying to dig my cell phone out of my pocket, just in case. I'm seriously pissed off and tired of crap like this! You do not have any business on my porch!!! He left a flyer for the day care center in my door handle......7:15 in the morning! I know he's doing it now while it's not so hot, but please, just don't do it EVER.

Just got off the phone with our security and once again....blah, blah, blah. There is apparently nothing that can be done. The chief is going to go harass the guy about it being a little early, but that's about it. (Our chief is a really nice guy, and at least he responds when you call, rather than look for ways to blow you off, I will give him that. )

Waste of time.....I have to sit in my house and just put up with getting scared half to death. Something just doesn't seem right about that.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:55 AM

wCat, sounds like your dad was the kind of person I'd like to sit around and talk with. The late 40s and early 50s seem to be the ideal time to be alive. No fences, lots of freedom to do pretty much anything. Today's generation...what do we get....ipod...twitter....facebook....CD...ok CD is good, but twitter? Does that really give us a reason to gush this decade? LOL.

OKay...I need to book a flight to Miami after Thanksgiving. Anyone got any tips on the best ways to save money? Man, I hate Miami...but gotta do it. FirstClassFlyer, where are you? Gimme some tips brother!

Old 08-04-2009, 10:14 AM

Airtran goes to Ft. Lauderdale and it's crazy cheap from here. I looked up leaving 30 November and returning 5 December. They kill you for flying near Thanksgiving ($169), but it's only $59 coming back. Flying to Ft. Lauderdale is definitely cheaper than Miami and I feel sorry for you having to go there. That's a big ole dump of a city.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:12 AM

Thanks, RD.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:24 AM

got my free Schwan's food just now and it somehow cost $1. Still a fair deal, though.

and a sure sign you're getting old. Woke up and filled my coffee cup up with coffee and stuck it in the microwave like I always do because it's only warm by the time I get up. After a few minutes I'm going through the house trying to figure out where my coffee cup went and even accusing my wife of throwing it away because she hates it (it's over 20 years old and looks it). Both of us looked for about 5 minutes before I remembered where I put it..

Old 08-04-2009, 01:56 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,937,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
wCat, sounds like your dad was the kind of person I'd like to sit around and talk with. The late 40s and early 50s seem to be the ideal time to be alive. No fences, lots of freedom to do pretty much anything. Today's generation...what do we get....ipod...twitter....facebook....CD...ok CD is good, but twitter? Does that really give us a reason to gush this decade? LOL.

OKay...I need to book a flight to Miami after Thanksgiving. Anyone got any tips on the best ways to save money? Man, I hate Miami...but gotta do it. FirstClassFlyer, where are you? Gimme some tips brother!
airfare watchdog

Airfare €“ Cheap Airfares €“ Cheap Airfare Deals

You enter the destination and and arrival location, your email and some other information and the site will email you the lowest round trip fares each day. It's basically a search engine that finds the best prices by pinging the airlines site and finding the lowest fares. Sometimes there are certain days you can travel though. It's worked well for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio