Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 08:16 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,170,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
they should've shown a picture of him first, then you wouldn't have made that mistake. He looks like he has an IQ of maybe 20 on a good day and the irony of his last name is priceless..
Don't be so hard on the guy rd. He just forgot to get rid of the blood-stained clothes before the police arrived. I think your estimate of the IQ is a tad high though.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:32 PM

7,109 posts, read 11,770,458 times
Yep - I was w/Sapphire initially - didn't think someone could be that dumb. Forgot they lived in Seguin....

Old 03-23-2010, 03:46 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,322,272 times
I know some of you have seen this, or other similar cams, but this is so cool. It's an owl box with a nest. The female owl is a Barn owl and she is sitting on a little brood. One egg hatched two days ago, so you'll see a little pink fuzzy baby and four more eggs. They named her Molly and her mate is MaGee. He hunts and brings her food....she just stocked her pantry with a little rabbit ()....but that's nature. It's so awesome to watch! This owl box is in California somewhere. Anyway....enjoy. She's a good mama!

The Owl Box, Ustream.TV: For Molly's Mug, Mouse Pad and a T-shirt go to: www.transferit.com/theowlbox Date Laid 32 day gestation ...

Old 03-23-2010, 05:36 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,310,546 times
they really should have something that pops up to remind people of the original date a thread was created... something along the lines of "are you sure you want to reply to a post that was made more than three years ago?".

Old 03-23-2010, 07:06 PM

874 posts, read 2,886,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
I know some of you have seen this, or other similar cams, but this is so cool. It's an owl box with a nest. The female owl is a Barn owl and she is sitting on a little brood. One egg hatched two days ago, so you'll see a little pink fuzzy baby and four more eggs. They named her Molly and her mate is MaGee. He hunts and brings her food....she just stocked her pantry with a little rabbit ()....but that's nature. It's so awesome to watch! This owl box is in California somewhere. Anyway....enjoy. She's a good mama!

The Owl Box, Ustream.TV: For Molly's Mug, Mouse Pad and a T-shirt go to: www.transferit.com/theowlbox Date Laid 32 day gestation ...
Ooh, I was wondering if any had hatched yet. Not able to access from school (it's something I think the kids would love to see, but pretty much everything is blocked there), so haven't watched since maybe Sunday morning.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:15 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,930,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post

Thanks for posting this! I used to watch the Africa cam.....a big watering hole and it was so exciting when a lion or a zebra or something stopped for a drink! Of course, you could wait for hours, but still.

And I will never forget the Akita puppies from a year or so ago. Darling!

Old 03-23-2010, 09:46 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,170,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
they really should have something that pops up to remind people of the original date a thread was created... something along the lines of "are you sure you want to reply to a post that was made more than three years ago?".
Experience says it doesn't matter....what's a few years (even if it's now irrelevant) ??? Hasn't stopped anybody yet.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:57 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,183,811 times
Does anyone know how I could get in touch with a company to change GPS info??
We always have people come our ranch looking for someone who lives on a public road that runs next to our place.
I have searched the road and sure enough they have the creek that runs through our place labeled as the road.

Yesterday at 8:30pm someone came thru the main gate, drove 1/2 mile back to our house and then sat out there at our yard gate honking. My husband finally went out there and gave the guy directions to the road. He was delivering some medical supplies or something. He even argued with us that his GPS sent him here .

I can't believe people are so dumb to drive onto a private ranch with a private gate. It's very irritating.

I did find some info on google about getting this fixed but when I checked that website they had the correct info . I'm still searching but thought maybe someone knows of someplace I could check out. Thanks in advance!

Old 03-24-2010, 07:41 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,923,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
Does anyone know how I could get in touch with a company to change GPS info??
We always have people come our ranch looking for someone who lives on a public road that runs next to our place.
I have searched the road and sure enough they have the creek that runs through our place labeled as the road.

Yesterday at 8:30pm someone came thru the main gate, drove 1/2 mile back to our house and then sat out there at our yard gate honking. My husband finally went out there and gave the guy directions to the road. He was delivering some medical supplies or something. He even argued with us that his GPS sent him here .

I can't believe people are so dumb to drive onto a private ranch with a private gate. It's very irritating.

I did find some info on google about getting this fixed but when I checked that website they had the correct info . I'm still searching but thought maybe someone knows of someplace I could check out. Thanks in advance!

Can't help with the GPS but how was your camping trip??!!!

Old 03-24-2010, 07:59 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,183,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Can't help with the GPS but how was your camping trip??!!!
It was GREAT!! Fredericksburg is a nice little town and a good central spot for lots of sightseeing. The town itself gets VERY crowded with shoppers. A local told me they get 20,000 visitors a weekend!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio