Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 08:39 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,191,649 times

Advertisements

They updated that link because when I referenced it the story was written as if a seventh grader did it. It now appears to have some semblance of professionalism to it.....

Old 05-25-2010, 10:18 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,978,388 times
Anyone else remember this song? For some reason it popped into my cranium this morning, I always loved it but it's been forever since I last thought of it...

Cheers! M2

Old 05-25-2010, 10:45 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,840,162 times
Has anyone out there sold their home recently or know someone who has? If so did you / they lose your /their tail?

We have one home for lease on our street, three for sale. One of the homes is bank owned and there have been two other foreclosures in the past 1 1/2 years. How much does all this effect the selling of our home?

It's OK to tell me we are Screwed. I can take both good and bad news. It is what it is.

Thanks

Old 05-26-2010, 10:50 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,204,817 times
Had to share this.
This morning on my way to work (coming to SA on FM471), there is this "special" person in a PT cruiser trying to pass a cement truck and 4 cars on the RIGHT hand shoulder. Their right tire is going off the road and hitting huge potholes. I couldn't believe someone would do this, it is so dangerous, on a slight curve with a convenience store on the left and people are ALWAYS turning into there so the cars behind them go around on the shoulder that his idiot is barreling down . Anywho, I was happy to see that they never even got back on the road and had to pull over . I couldn't tell if they had a flat or what but I'm sure that something was messed up with the way they were hitting those potholes going 40mph.

I just don't know why people think that they are the only ones who want to get past the cement truck thats doing 35mph . Wait in line like everyone else.

I can just hear them now "well I am late because there was this stupid cement truck going 35mph blah, blah, blah......."

Old 05-26-2010, 04:48 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,704,597 times
This looks real good:

BURIED - Coming Soon

A guy wakes up in darkness....he can't move....he has no idea where he is....he soon finds out he's been buried alive in a coffin 500ft under ground. He has a cell phone with a dying battery. He calls random people trying to find out who he is and where he is...all he has is a lighter that will soon be extinguished...what do you do?

Such a simple idea. It's sort of like PHONE BOOTH in a coffin, I guess. I just can't believe who they casted to be this guy.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:19 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,016,965 times
Ryan Reynolds or no Ryan Reynolds.....I don't think I can watch that one. I have some serious claustrophobia and I'm not going to pay 10 bucks or so for some more random thoughts of suffocating, or images going through my mind just before sleep, or even conciously acknowledging that that could even happen.

It's probably going to be really good. I just don't think I can do it.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:43 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,682,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
This looks real good:

BURIED - Coming Soon

A guy wakes up in darkness....he can't move....he has no idea where he is....he soon finds out he's been buried alive in a coffin 500ft under ground. He has a cell phone with a dying battery. He calls random people trying to find out who he is and where he is...all he has is a lighter that will soon be extinguished...what do you do?

Such a simple idea. It's sort of like PHONE BOOTH in a coffin, I guess. I just can't believe who they casted to be this guy.
Ugh, reminds me of this true story and tv movie...Barbara Jane Mackle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-26-2010, 06:05 PM

Well, unfortunatley, lots of people get buried alive. They find coffins with finger nail scratches. Happens all the time. Sad.

But, can be a good film. Heard the ending is something else.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:16 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,016,965 times
Creeeeeeeeeeee-mation is the thing for me! No chance of comin' back for me!

If I'm bad enough off that they THINK I'm dead, well, that's good enough for me. No way no how are you stickin' me in a box so I can think about it for a while. Good God I can't think of much worse.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:36 PM

Hehe...that's why this movie is going to be good.

Also, a little bit of trivia....around 1911 there was a major flood in Brownsville, Texas...and most of the coffins of the dead rose on top through the liquid mud....there are newspaper accounts of thieves opening them hoping to find valuables...like trophy swords and jewelry buried with the dead....but instead, they found lots of evidence that people were still alive when they were buried. Newspapers of the day even claimed "zombies roamed the alleyways at night". In truth, it was rigor mortis and stomach gases hissing after reacting to change in pressure.

Pic of the cemetery:

OK, enough about this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio