Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2010, 07:28 PM

905 posts, read 2,958,421 times

Advertisements

Munsters all the way!

Old 11-01-2010, 01:43 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,712,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
So yesterday at the park I saw two adults, male and female, and one baby. They were seated on a park bench, the baby was on top of the bench.

As we walked by I could hear the father, I will assume they were parents, telling his child to sit down and be quiet.

Then he tells the child if he does not behave he will not give him any soda....wth???

Really? This was a baby, not even a toddler, and who most likely did not even understand what he was being told to do, basically shut up, stay out the way, and let the adult talks.

A child needs attention but worst of all was the fact that he was going to punish this baby by not giving him soda! To me it seems by giving him soda is the true punishment. Then we wonder why we have so many overweight people in society....well because parents feed them junk food from such an early age.
Agreed, Sir.....plus, being weaned right-from-the-get at such early ages on commercials advertising such funky foods and the like as well, in fact, I once read somewhere that microwaving foods actually change the DNA of said foods into something that the body cannot use {of course, some may wish to further research the topic in-depth for themselves personally}; i.e. an experiment was performed wherein some plants were regularly-watered with water straight from the tap and other plants were regularly-watered with water that was first microwaved and then allowed to cool.....

The reported results: The plants that were watered with non-microwaved water grew bigger and healthier.......

Last edited by RodLu; 11-01-2010 at 01:54 PM..

Old 11-01-2010, 08:12 PM

Interesting:

The Trail of Tears

Old 11-01-2010, 09:20 PM

IZZATSO?

Study: Alcohol More Lethal Than Heroin, Cocaine - ABC News

Wow:

Quote:
"What governments decide is illegal is not always based on science," said van den Brink. He said considerations about revenue and taxation, like those garnered from the alcohol and tobacco industries, may influence decisions about which substances to regulate or outlaw.
"Drugs that are legal cause at least as much damage, if not more, than drugs that are illicit," he said.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:34 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,471,290 times
But you can smoke a cigarette and drive just fine. It's people's right to slowly kill themselves just as long as they aren't smoking around anyone else. For some reason the link's not working for me, but I heard the report on television. Alcohol is not dangerous in moderation and is much easier to consume in moderation. Cocaine, heroin, and nicotine are more addictive than alcohol. Alcohol has been very widely used on a daily basis for thousands of years. The government tried prohibition and it failed. The drug war is pretty much failing too but not as bad as prohibition did. The government might as well legalize everything so natural selection can take its course. Less competition in the job market for me.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:25 PM

574 posts, read 1,337,938 times
Legalize it, Don't criticize it ...reefer that is

Old 11-03-2010, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meisha210 View Post
But you can smoke a cigarette and drive just fine. It's people's right to slowly kill themselves just as long as they aren't smoking around anyone else. For some reason the link's not working for me, but I heard the report on television. Alcohol is not dangerous in moderation and is much easier to consume in moderation. Cocaine, heroin, and nicotine are more addictive than alcohol. Alcohol has been very widely used on a daily basis for thousands of years. The government tried prohibition and it failed. The drug war is pretty much failing too but not as bad as prohibition did. The government might as well legalize everything so natural selection can take its course. Less competition in the job market for me.
Ah, but as you know, meisha: anyone of us can be dead either tomorrow or in five minutes even.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlockd View Post
Legalize it, Don't criticize it ...reefer that is
Agreed, Sir, Aye.......

Old 11-03-2010, 06:50 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Then he tells the child if he does not behave he will not give him any soda....wth???
my young children, on occasion, ask for coffee to the astonishment of their grandparents (and perhaps strangers overhearing us). But, in our house, "coffee" for them is hot chocolate.

And when they ask for "Pie" for dinner -- and you hear me say okay -- we're talking about a spinach quiche.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:35 PM

Hire-A-Friend? Really? Well, I suppose *some* might opt for it, hm.....

Reportedly, these people actually make pretty good money actually being paid to be someone's friend for the day.....or is it "friend"?

Rent a Friend To Meet New People And Find Platonic Companionship Make Friends Companion

Old 11-05-2010, 06:05 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,874,074 times
@ stoneoak I used to drink coffee as a child until I learned it would stunt my growth and then I had to pick, drink coffee like an adult or actually grow up to be an adult, I ditched the coffee

@ Lu Loneliness is at an all time high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio