Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 10:37 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,309,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Are you sure it was a Coral snake, Camper? There are several that look just like a Coral snake. Either way, I stomp on 'em all....ask questions later.

At the Bob Bullock Texas History Museum in Austin, they have an amphitheater that shows footage of various parts of Texas (I think) and one scene had a coral snake....and get this...they actually have something IN YOUR CHAIR that hisses like a snake and shakes during that scene...freaks people out every d*mn time. That's worth the ticket right there...I wonder if it's still there....or if too many people had heart attacks.

wCat...1200 acres? WOW...can I land there? lol. Take care.
right...isn't there a little nursery rhyme that tells a Coral snake stripe from the poser?

Yes Nick...1200. Awesome place. I wish I could visit them more. Don't know about a landing strip....there's definitely room.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:55 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,907,651 times
yep. Red to yellow, kill a fellow. He knows his snakes. I don't like any of them. Don't trust them.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:57 PM

5,643 posts, read 15,654,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
He knows his snakes. I don't like any of them. Don't trust them.
Now, who plucked that apple from the tree after listening to a talkin' snake?

Old 09-10-2009, 11:00 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,907,651 times
Quote:

Old 09-11-2009, 01:09 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,285,633 times
exactly what you're allowed to say after that line

Old 09-11-2009, 06:12 AM

14,637 posts, read 34,899,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
Somebody fell off a cliff at OP Schnabel tonite. Hope that person is okay!
Me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post

Of course the passengers would cover upswept coiffures with Italian lace and silken ribbons.
That's whatcha call "workin' that updo, girl!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post

landing strip
Cue Firstclassflyer....

Quote:
Probably because Adam was too busy NOT reading the instructions to something, or looking for somethin' to grill, or DOING SOMETHING that required his full and utmost attention at the moment, such as looking for the remote.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:28 AM

285 posts, read 675,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post

Probably because Adam was too busy NOT reading the instructions to something, or looking for somethin' to grill, or DOING SOMETHING that required his full and utmost attention at the moment, such as looking for the remote.
LOOKING for the remote? More likely yelling, Hey, Eve, where'd YOU put MY remote?"

Lori

Old 09-11-2009, 10:37 AM

179 posts, read 466,805 times
Nick, that theatre sounds great. I feel bad for the people working there who have to go adn clean up after the movie. If my wife watched thought there was a snake under her seat, well I would have to walk out of the theatre with her about an inch behind me and the kids an inch behind her.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:31 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,309,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementius88 View Post
Nick, that theatre sounds great. I feel bad for the people working there who have to go adn clean up after the movie. If my wife watched thought there was a snake under her seat, well I would have to walk out of the theatre with her about an inch behind me and the kids an inch behind her.
LOL....hadn't thought about the cleaning crew~ Hope they are paid a LOT!

Old 09-11-2009, 11:49 AM

5,643 posts, read 15,654,480 times
When a man volunteers to do the BBQ, the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine...
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking
utensils and sauces and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.

Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine...
(6) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat

Important again:
(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine...
(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:
(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ' her night off ', and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.

This is exactly like my dad hahaha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio