Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 12:33 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,709,092 times

Advertisements

Hey put that Tom-Tom and the radar detector on the Barbie power wheel and you'll be all set!

Lets see...the money spent on gas to go shopping...the money on food while waiting to do the shopping...the time spent waiting in line to pay for all the deals...the stress....the traffic...

I always just see too many people ticked off at the end of the day. I remember when my mom, the nicest person in the world..the kindest heart, nearly got into a fist fight in the parking lot (go mom!) with another lady. At that point you just know that it's not worth it. Spend the extra dollars and save your blood pressure. There are deals to be had online.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:11 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,365,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Hey put that Tom-Tom and the radar detector on the Barbie power wheel and you'll be all set!

Lets see...the money spent on gas to go shopping...the money on food while waiting to do the shopping...the time spent waiting in line to pay for all the deals...the stress....the traffic...

I always just see too many people ticked off at the end of the day. I remember when my mom, the nicest person in the world..the kindest heart, nearly got into a fist fight in the parking lot (go mom!) with another lady. At that point you just know that it's not worth it. Spend the extra dollars and save your blood pressure. There are deals to be had online.
Nick...I totally agree. Was it last year that Walmart had the stampede that killed someone? or was a horrible disaster....my mind wants to block it out. Maybe this "camp out" by your most coveted $$ saving gift items is supposed to prevent that. It's still insanity. These stores really should have a lottery system or something for these kind of items. Sign up for a number in JULY....Pick up your number in October and then see if they have enough product in November. The greed and anxiety that gets these stores so much publicity is just horrible. One of the things I hate about the holidays.

Perti...I'm with you. Online shopping is really so much better especially when you know what the product is. Dot/Coms really just didn't have all that sorted out when companies decided to sell dog food online. I think the smart ones are doing gangbusters!

Old 11-24-2009, 02:23 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,207,318 times
Online shopping all the way I do about 90% of my Christmas shopping that way. I've already got my youngest and my husband's outta the way.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:21 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
I just installed my birthday present, from June...

had to have xenon lights, but it seemed really complicated to install them, so they sat on the fridge, for about 6 months.. finally decided to do it today and it was very easy, except the directitons made me almost give up. Once I finally realized I wasn't using a wire because it wasn't listed on the diagram, but it was needed, the whole thing took about 10 minutes. So it ended up taking about two hours and my hands got all cut up from trying to trace back wires looking for the connection I already had in the freaking box

Old 11-24-2009, 06:01 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
If you'da called the help desk, they woulda told ya about that there vire. Course, you would have wanted to bleed out by the time you finally understood what they were saying.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:06 PM

88 posts, read 169,085 times
I'm thankful for good health, a loving family, a great job, wonderful friends and the love of a wonderful man. There's nothing more I need in this world.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:32 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
the sad part is it came from California. The chinese directions with indian tech support would've been a bonus compared to the two sheets of paper and an awful diagram I received. They weren't even directions, just a chart with parts missing.
and I need to adjust them. I can see a little too good...

Old 11-24-2009, 06:34 PM

I'm thankful that it's almost Thanksgiving! I've been doing the "I'm thankful for......__________" every morning for about 2 weeks on Facebook and I'll be glad when I can just wake up and be an ingrate again.

There is just too much to list even besides the obvious family friends job, etc. I have been truly blessed in just about every area of my life and really, the couple of weeks I've been doing this every day have really opened my eyes to that. But, the good thing.....when you do that, you tend to complain less and contemplate the good much more. So, I think I may annoy my Facebook friends for a long time to come.....

One final note:
I have a pumpkin cheesecake being delivered to my house tomorrow which is being lovingly homemade as I type this....by my walking buddy/neighbor who has quickly become my very dear friend.

So beat that, ya'll.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:36 PM

Ah, the directions were written in Engrish, right?

Old 11-24-2009, 06:37 PM

88 posts, read 169,085 times
Rd, I'm just proud to know that you looked at the directions. The man in my life does not feel the need to read...sometimes he's right on...but sometimes...well you get the drift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio