Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2009, 04:08 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,523,513 times

Advertisements

ok...the whole matt lauer/oprah filter comments made me laugh outloud. Of course it wasn't as funny when I tried to explain it to hubby who is looking at me like I am hearing strange voices!!

We did get an xbox 360 pro with two games today. At HEB, $229. Bundle with wireless headset and one wireless controller. For the Pro that was the best deal I have seen from all the adds this coming weekend. There was one left after we bought his at the one on Potranco.

Now to hunt for my own deal ....comforter set for the bedroom.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:00 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,257,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
IMPORTANT NEWS..................................

MY TURKEY WAS FANTASTIC THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening.
YAY Camper!! I bet it was YUMMY!! My turkey came out pretty darn good too! ( I live with a bunch of critics and I received rave reviews )

We already have an XBOX (one of many perks from my old job) but my son has been bugging me for a Wii. He doesn't know he's getting one for Christmas so SSSHhhhhhhhhhh

Old 11-26-2009, 07:23 PM

so my son is trying to get the xbox live to work....
I take the laptop and we hook it to the xbox. everytime the xbox tries to connect it disconnects my online connection! ugh. anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

Old 11-26-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
so my son is trying to get the xbox live to work....
I take the laptop and we hook it to the xbox. everytime the xbox tries to connect it disconnects my online connection! ugh. anyone know what I could be doing wrong?
Have you tried turning on your internet connection sharing under network settings?

Old 11-26-2009, 07:35 PM

Yes. at least I think I have. lol. I'm online but as soon as he hooks up that xbox it drops it.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:40 PM

5,643 posts, read 15,656,109 times
*hic*

Old 11-26-2009, 07:43 PM

Confirm that you did set up the internet connection sharing. What kind of modem are you using? How are you connecting to the internet, wireless or ethernet?

Old 11-26-2009, 07:51 PM

ok, I have a netgear wireless router. when twc guy was here hooking it up he put a little usb device in saying I had to use it in order to use the laptop whereever.

I found this online but need the modified version of it as I say in my job. cause it's confusing the heck out of me:

[SIZE=2]Windows ICS Connection: Internal Modem[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Microsoft Windows Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) uses your PC to share one Internet connection with multiple devices, including your Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]You need to use a Windows ICS connection to access Xbox LIVE if you're using either a USB or an internal (PCI) connection for high-speed Internet access rather than a traditional Ethernet connection through a stand-alone router, gateway, or modem.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]To set up a Windows ICS connection through an internal modem, see Windows ICS Connection [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Required Hardware for a Windows ICS Connection Through an Internal (PCI) Modem[/SIZE]
·[SIZE=2]One Ethernet cable (supplied with the standard Xbox 360 console; not included with Xbox 360 Arcade). Unlike the original Xbox system, Xbox 360 does not require a crossover Ethernetcable. [/SIZE]
·[SIZE=2]One (1) standard RJ-11 analog phone cable or one (1) F-type coaxial cable, depending on your PC's modem (each sold separately). [/SIZE]
·[SIZE=2]A PC with an NIC (network interface card). If your PC has an Ethernet port (also referred to as Cat5 or RJ-45), it has an NIC. An Ethernet port looks like a standard telephone jack, only bigger. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]To connect to Xbox LIVE using Windows ICS through your computer's internal (PCI) modem: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]1.Before connecting any cables, turn off your PC and your Xbox 360 console. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]2.Connect one end of your RJ-11 phone cable or F-type coaxial cable (depending on your modem) to your PC's modem and the other end to the wall jack. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]3.Connect one end of your Ethernet cable to your PC's Ethernet port. Connect the other end to the Ethernet port on the back of your Xbox 360 console. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]4.Turn on your PC. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]5.From your PC, configure Windows ICS to share your Internet connection. To enable Windows ICS on your PC, follow the instructions for your operating system: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]1.Windows Vista [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]2.Windows XP Professional [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]3.Windows 2000 Professional [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]4.Windows Me [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]5.Windows 98SE[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]6.Once you've configured ICS, make sure your PC can access the Internet. (If it can't connect to the Internet, refer to the help documentation for your operating system or visit Microsoft Help and Support.) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]7.Turn on your Xbox 360 console with no disc in the disc tray. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]8.If you've already used your Xbox 360 system for offline play, the Xbox Dashboard will open to the Xbox LIVE area. Select the Xbox LIVE banner. When you see the Xbox LIVE Marketplace you'll know you're connected to Xbox LIVE. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]If this is the first time you've turned on your Xbox 360 console, see Create Your Gamer Profile to get started with both the Xbox 360 system and Xbox LIVE play.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]If you're unable to connect to Xbox LIVE, the Xbox Dashboard provides an automaticnetwork troubleshooter in the System area (under Network Settings) to help you connect. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Note[/SIZE]

Old 11-26-2009, 07:54 PM

Is the XBOX connected wireless or do you have an adaptar for the XBOX?

Old 11-26-2009, 07:57 PM

well let me just show how clueless I am....

I can tell you my son hooked up a cord from xbox to the laptop. Does that help??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio