U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Status: "The blue mat is obsessed with me. Whyyyy??" (set 16 days ago)

13,648 posts, read 22,146,762 times

Advertisements

Has anyone seen Food, Inc? Just watched it last night and now I don't want to eat anything. Ever. Well, besides the chicken tortilla soup I just made for dinner tomorrow night. It smells heavenly and it's all natural and the chicken is the good kind......but sheesh, the food industry wants to kill us. I have a friend who brokers for one of the big name companies and I'm going to make sure she watches it. Unless she's been forbidden to.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:17 PM

3,705 posts, read 5,100,423 times
yup Saph Ive seen it.....pretty crazy huh?

Old 03-21-2010, 02:21 PM

13,805 posts, read 19,109,703 times
I was going to check it out on Netflix. I think it's one of the instant choices. They don't show animals getting slaughtered do they? If so, I won't watch it. I prefer to be comfortably ignorant on that one...

Old 03-21-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I was going to check it out on Netflix. I think it's one of the instant choices. They don't show animals getting slaughtered do they? If so, I won't watch it. I prefer to be comfortably ignorant on that one...
Yes, I watched it instantly on netflix. Yes, it shows animals being slaughtered. Yes, it shows the horrible conditions in which they are living.

Yes, you need to watch it.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:50 PM

2,890 posts, read 3,635,101 times
That's like little Foo Foo being all alone in Korea...what's for dinner ???

Old 03-21-2010, 02:53 PM

13,805 posts, read 19,109,703 times
uhhh, no, thanks for the warning.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:01 PM

People keeping their head in the sand is not going to change anything. I haven't always done everything right, and still don't, but I'm definitely making more informed purchases and there are just some things that are more important to me now. We all should care about what we're putting into our bodies. Between the diabetes epidemic here in SA and nationwide, the fact that 9 year old girls have heaving breasts, kids are morbidly obese......yes, it's very important. Maybe not to everyone, but it is to me. That's why I think everyone should watch that film.

It's not totally graphic, in fact, it's really not very graphic at all. But you have to realize that whether you see it or not, it's still taking place so we can have our pizza rolls and our Hot Pockets.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:13 PM

257 posts, read 296,102 times
Quote:
People keeping their head in the sand is not going to change anything. I haven't always done everything right, and still don't, but I'm definitely making more informed purchases and there are just some things that are more important to me now. We all should care about what we're putting into our bodies.

I've always been a big label reader & have now decided to go meat free. I watched 'The Cove' & read 'The Kind Diet' and several other vegetarian/vegan books. Most people just don't want to hear about the slaughterhouses. They would rather just keep their heads in the sand.

Just live and let live

Old 03-21-2010, 03:13 PM

2,890 posts, read 3,635,101 times
I would rather buy all the pieces and mix it up on my own than to buy something somebody else did and not know what's in there. You'd be surprised how much sodium is used in processed food (esp. frozen dinners etc.). It has been noted that the salt you sprinkle on your food is an infantesimal amount compared to processed foods.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raa1371 View Post

I've always been a big label reader & have now decided to go meat free. I watched 'The Cove' & read 'The Kind Diet' and several other vegetarian/vegan books. Most people just don't want to hear about the slaughterhouses. They would rather just keep their heads in the sand.

Just live and let live

Maybe someday I'll go meat-free. I'm a meat lover, but I do go meatless some days. I have been buying the "traceable to the family farm" meats that I can find, and ones without any hormones, grass fed, etc. My grocery bill has gone up quite a bit but I don't care. My biggest hurdle is eating out--you pretty much have to toss aside any qualms or just stay home every night. Not sure where in town you can get humanely-raised meat on the menu. But fast food in particular is the biggest reason for the mess we're in. McDonald's created a monster. Well, we're all guilty....we want cheap food, no, we demand cheap food, and it's been given to us. At the cost of our health and the farming industry. A handful of companies are killing us, one bite at a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio