U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-20-2010, 05:32 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,368,707 times

Advertisements

I was always partial to the Shasta Orange. I did not care for their cola, but the Root Beer was pretty good. I never cared much for any grape soda. Nehi had a red soda that was strawberry flavored, not a creme soda like Big Red.

My great grandmother always had Bireleys Orange in the refrigerator when I visited her. Bireleys had grape and other flavors, but once they came out with chocolate soda. I asked my great grandmother to get me some of it. It wasn't very good, and we went back to the orange after finishing off that six pack!

I have a bottle that once contained "Chocolate Soldier". I heard it was big in the south, but i don't remember ever seeing it for sale around here. Another bottle I have, but never drank is Spizz. The bottle has a date of 1940 on it, and it is green like a 7up bottle. Speaking of 7up, anyone remember RC's answer to 7up? It was called Upper 10. I drank a few Upper 10s in my day, but I do not have a bottle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 08:20 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
855 posts, read 1,289,048 times
The Chocolate Soldier made me think of a drink made with BOSCO (remember Bosco?) It was called a "Chiller Diller".-- ( I think ) It was Bosco, Milk, 7 up and Ice. I liked them but I liked Bosco anyway--especially when they had a free Yo Yo glued to the cap.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:38 PM

126 posts, read 160,300 times
I reciently came across a Mason jar full of 1950' era Jax beer bottle caps with Rebus puzzles on the inside at a local flea market. My Dad loved them and we always worked them out together. (Yes I bought them; three bucks)

Old 04-20-2010, 11:45 PM

I remember those rebus Jax beer caps! Jax was my dad's favorite brew. I also remember Channel 4 news at 6:00 was sponsored by Jax, and they had some very funny cartoon commercials. Jim Dawson was the weatherman, and he always drew a cartoon to finish his weathercast, too.

Bosco was great. I remember they had a commercial that had the characters dancing the Bosco-nova! Bosco was George Costanza's ATM password.

RC Cola and Nehi had a contest with their bottlecaps back in 1964. A picture of one of the presidents was under the cork seal. If you got ALL the presidents Washington thru Johnson, you got a free case of 24 Nehi or RC. LBJ was the hardest to get. I was able to win three cases because I would go to RC machines with a magnet on a string, and fish out bottle caps.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:08 AM

I have a pull tab from some game from who knows when. It was under the back seat of an old car me and my brother were stripping for parts. It is marked-- number 58--prize $5000... I guess sombody just pulled the tab and never knew they had won something..who knows

Old 04-22-2010, 12:33 AM

2,263 posts, read 3,597,694 times
Central Market sells frostie root beer in 2 liter bottles.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:49 AM

15,920 posts, read 4,711,402 times
I remember when "Moo-La Coola was de bomb!!!

Old 04-22-2010, 12:19 PM

I remember Mo-La Coola! I never drank any, but I remember the little jingle on the commercials.

Moo-la Coola, Moo-la Coola, the soft drink that comes from a cow, is at your grocery sore now!

Old 04-22-2010, 03:58 PM

15,920 posts, read 4,711,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
I remember Mo-La Coola! I never drank any, but I remember the little jingle on the commercials.

Moo-la Coola, Moo-la Coola, the soft drink that comes from a cow, is at your grocery sore now!
Ha! I remember having dinner at my BFF house, and she made me laugh so hard, I accidentally spit a mouthful of the chocolate moo-la coola on her Dad & his white starched shirt.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
I remember those rebus Jax beer caps! Jax was my dad's favorite brew. I also remember Channel 4 news at 6:00 was sponsored by Jax, and they had some very funny cartoon commercials. Jim Dawson was the weatherman, and he always drew a cartoon to finish his weathercast, too.

Bosco was great. I remember they had a commercial that had the characters dancing the Bosco-nova! Bosco was George Costanza's ATM password.

RC Cola and Nehi had a contest with their bottlecaps back in 1964. A picture of one of the presidents was under the cork seal. If you got ALL the presidents Washington thru Johnson, you got a free case of 24 Nehi or RC. LBJ was the hardest to get. I was able to win three cases because I would go to RC machines with a magnet on a string, and fish out bottle caps.
There was a grocery store that had a promotion where you could get a little plastic statue of a president. They had a different one every week and a cardboard display to put them on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio