Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2012, 08:21 PM

263 posts, read 479,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFREAK View Post
I grew up in the shadow of the Pearl Brewery, Hawhthorne Jr. High, then on to Jefferson, .....I have tons of memorys of that area. loved it.
SAF-Do you recall when the soda botteling place closed down and was it DR.Pepper?Also,do you remember the Wrestlethon on Josephine and the last time it open?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 08:58 PM

263 posts, read 479,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert soliz View Post
SAF-Do you recall when the soda botteling place closed down and was it DR.Pepper?Also,do you remember the Wrestlethon on Josephine and the last time it open?
SAF since you lived around the Pearl Brewey,and referring to Judge Roy Bean,did you ever learn of what happen to his BLACK BEAR?One story that I remember was told to me by someone who claimed to be his great,greatgrandson of Roy Bean while insalling cable at his house somewhere out in either Marion or Cibolo,can'tremember which.Anyway the story was that the sales man who delt with Bean had poisoned the bear because Bean had sold back several case of pearl beer claiming it was bad,the salesman returns back to S.A. only to find out the bottles were filled whith water and recapped.If tru,I guess the salesman wasn't about to argue whith him,becuse he was "Law West Of THe PECOS"

Old 12-08-2012, 09:49 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,909,338 times
A.S., since Roy established his court in 1882 and Pearl Brewery didn't open until 1883, I doubt any truth to the story. As far as Bruno goes, I asked about this the last time I was out there and they didn't know. They were going to find out and mail me the answer but I never heard from them. Interesting question though. Phantly, as far as I know, never lived lived in that part of the county. He did live in Beantown which is now just south of downtown SA. I think Mud of this forum has a lot more info on him....as my old memory claims.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:26 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,543,835 times
Quote:
I think the bottling place was Royal Crown Cola. My mom's sister worked at a pharmicuetical place there. I think the Foremost milk plant was there too. Does anybody remember this place around there that had a taffy pulling machine in the store window? I remember the Wrestlethon on Blanco at Fulton.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:00 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,388,475 times
Default Yes I remember,

The Foremost plant, the taffy pulling machine, etc. Barely remember though- very foggy memories, very. Don't remember the Bottling plant though, at all. If I were able to see images , pictures, I am sure I could recall them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwangle View Post
I think the bottling place was Royal Crown Cola.
My mom's sister worked at a pharmicuetical place there. I think the Foremost milk plant was there too. Does anybody remember this place around there that had a taffy pulling machine in the store window? I remember the Wrestlethon on Blanco at Fulton.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:37 AM

61 posts, read 119,145 times
Quote:
I think his sponsors were Black Draught, Soltise and Hi therm.. Miracle drugs.. Remember Dolly Parton selling BREEZE Detergent with the free towel inside? I wonder how much detergent you really got?
I can still remember Dolly talking about the free towel inside the box, it was a towell that had "Tiger Lilly's" on it,........ and who could forget Pretty Miss Norma Jean,.......

SAFREAK

Old 12-12-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Yea,those shows were great.The one I got a big kick out of ,was Mutual of Omahas'"Wild Kingdom"w/Marlin Perkins.I,d laugh my *** off seeing Bill,his side kick,being chased by wild animals,almost getting trampled by a herd of elaphants and Marlin is in asafe place saying,"Watch folks as Bill is attempting to to capture a Giant Rhino,""look out Bill,he's ,he'sturning around,he's coming at you Bill,quick Climb up here where its safe.Bill always got the short end of the stick.
I think also in that time segment was the Rocky & Bullwinkle show,.....great time.......Mister Know It All,...Boris and Natasha,........and Whatsamatta U !

SAFREAK

Old 12-12-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Albert,...I could hit all of those places with a rock from where I grew up. Right across the street from my house was the Pepsi Bottling Co. around the corner was RC Cola, and down the street and around the corner was Frostie Root Beer and Big Red. The Wrestlethon was a big green wooden building as I remember. Remember Jose Latherio,..??? Taco Land was right around the corner as well.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I think the bottling place was Royal Crown Cola. My mom's sister worked at a pharmicuetical place there. I think the Foremost milk plant was there too. Does anybody remember this place around there that had a taffy pulling machine in the store window? I remember the Wrestlethon on Blanco at Fulton.
Wasn't that place called "The Junction" then it was dance hall. I can remember going to hear Faron Young and Charlie Pride there.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 AM

Hey, ...does anyone remember riding the Sky Ride in Brackenridge Park in the late 60's....I wonder whatever happened to all of the equipment when it was dismantled ? Wasn't this about the time that Hemisfair was being built ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio