Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2013, 09:44 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,389,728 times

Advertisements

Friskies, the, Wet an Wild Club and Tommy's Inferno, the Peppermint Club, but I am not very proud of it.
Anymore.
I worked at the Fina gas station located directly next to Randy's Rodeo on Bandera Rd there at Hillcrest as a kid (17). That Randy's place was always packed with people on the weekend.
My high school chemistry teacher , whom taught me chemistry at Homes High School in 1970 , used to play music there with his band inside Randy's Rodeo dance hall on the weekends.
"George Chambers and the Country Gentlemen".
During the week he was Mr. Chambers the science teacher.
I used to pump Fina gasoline into cars outside and my 12th grade chemistry teacher would be playing country music inside Randy's.

The Wet and Wild Club, I remember that place. Mudpuddle, was that on Broadway north of downtown ?
I don't remember.
San Pedro maybe? Too many years ago ...Blanco Rd. ?
Great, snapshots , by the way.
Got to get me one of those cameras. How many megapixels is that thing ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 10:54 PM

847 posts, read 2,231,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post

That's some great historical treasures you have there Mud! Probably A/C or electrical work at the School Mud. Love the stuff. Sorry for having you dig it up again Mud. It should be in a sticky thread for everyone to see! Great photographs and history. I'm glad you have them and share them. Thanks again.
yessir and thank you.

Ok, A/c and sparky you are.

no problem to dig it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post

Friskies, the, Wet an Wild Club and Tommy's Inferno, the Peppermint Club, but I am not very proud of it.
Anymore.

The Wet and Wild Club, I remember that place. Mudpuddle, was that on Broadway north of downtown ?
I don't remember.
San Pedro maybe? Too many years ago ...Blanco Rd. ?
Great, snapshots , by the way.
Got to get me one of those cameras. How many megapixels is that thing ?
not proud of it??

why the fork would you say that??

the Wet n Wild was on N Main. the definition of sleaze.

as I remember, the girls usta favor J Geils when they flopped their t*tt*es around
thanx for the compliment on the snapshots. appreciate it.

megapixels?? no idea.........

now I've gotta get back to listening to the greatest motorcycle song ever written.....

Richard Thompson - 1952 Vincent Black Lightning - YouTube

Old 03-08-2013, 11:12 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,917,103 times
Ah yes, The Peppermint. A friend owned that place- Jerry Collins. I was a regular since he was a friend. Most folks never knew that all but 2 of his girls were married with kids. Most all of them went to church too. Odd to think a girl that will take her clothes off in a crowd would be married with kids and a church goer. Last time I saw him he had moved to Australia in the outback and was home visiting relatives. Crazy place the outback per him. No electricity- wind generator and utility house with batteries. No TV, no phone, and no gas station or grocery store for 100 miles. His nearest neighbor was 4 miles away but he loved it.
I dated a girl that worked at the Wet and Wild. Yeah, I was young and dumb back then but also single. She was neat eye candy but there was nothing in that round ball on top her shoulders. It didn't last long.

I think we need to take a poll and have Mud start his own website posting all of his pics. He certainly has more than any of the Texan Cultures or Library of Congress has on SA. If we could just tap into his brain with commentary too......

Old 03-09-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
Ah yes, The Peppermint. A friend owned that place- Jerry Collins. I was a regular since he was a friend. Most folks never knew that all but 2 of his girls were married with kids. Most all of them went to church too. Odd to think a girl that will take her clothes off in a crowd would be married with kids and a church goer. Last time I saw him he had moved to Australia in the outback and was home visiting relatives. Crazy place the outback per him. No electricity- wind generator and utility house with batteries. No TV, no phone, and no gas station or grocery store for 100 miles. His nearest neighbor was 4 miles away but he loved it.
I dated a girl that worked at the Wet and Wild. Yeah, I was young and dumb back then but also single. She was neat eye candy but there was nothing in that round ball on top her shoulders. It didn't last long.

I think we need to take a poll and have Mud start his own website posting all of his pics. He certainly has more than any of the Texan Cultures or Library of Congress has on SA. If we could just tap into his brain with commentary too......
hey Trap, you remember the 13th Floor Elevators??

13th Floor Elevators - She Lives in a Time of Her Own - YouTube
or this one on Dick Clark................

13th Floor Elevators - You're Gonna Miss Me - YouTube

Old 03-09-2013, 09:33 AM

The 13th Floor Elevator, WOW! Now that's a band I hadn't heard of in decades. Rocky Erikson as I remember right. They were the absolute first psychedelic band. I think Rocky was the first guy to use the term. They were a great one hit wonder though.
I've always wondered what happened to a lot of the bands that came and went, like them and Boston, Cafferty, Triumph, etc.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterice View Post

What brought me to this forum tonight? The fire that burned down friskies.
The Frisky-A-Go-Go Club Went Went Up In Flames | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
2 downtown buildings burn hours apart - San Antonio Express-News

Last edited by *mud*; 03-09-2013 at 11:54 AM..

Old 03-09-2013, 09:01 PM

Somewhere a few pages back, we chatted about the Frontier on Goliad being named The Flame at one time. Well, I chatted with an older friend yesterday and finally remembered to ask him about it and he said yes, at one time it was called the The Flame and later was bought out by Hasslocher. So apparently whoever said that was correct.
Look out, he's on a roll at one in a row!

Old 03-09-2013, 09:52 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,814,635 times
I think it was Boss Rider Trapper. I'm near 62 asked my BIL who's a couple years older and he didn't recall it. Must be the older than 64-65 bunch that were around then.

I might mention that they're in the process of restoring the old Berg's Mill bridge. The river will once again run under it as well as the newer bridge. Part of the Mission Reach improvements. Not sure yet but it will likely just be walk-able.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:29 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,389,728 times
Default Wet and Wild Club on Main st.,

I am in agreement with your opinion Mud, it was the best, hands down.
Here in San Antonio, back then.
Nowadays, I do not know.
"Brick House" is the song that stays in my mind from those days in those clubs
mentioned here.
Why am I not so proud of frequenting those sleezy places, you write ?
It has been said, I have read, that as we age we turn more conservative. And...
If we don't , we have learned nothing. I think this is true, it is a valid summation.
And though I would still like to frequent those types of places, I won't.
My sons , rearing them changed me.
I am not a very reliable conservative however. In fact I am a horrible conservative.
Barely does my thinking even qualify me. Only now and then.
Though a Vincent Black Shadow, is one hell of a motorcycle, and a Red Haired girl is a great idea,
I like the old Steppenwolf stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mud* View Post
yessir and thank you.

Ok, A/c and sparky you are.

no problem to dig it up.

not proud of it??

why the fork would you say that??

the Wet n Wild was on N Main. the definition of sleaze.

as I remember, the girls usta favor J Geils when they flopped their t*tt*es around
thanx for the compliment on the snapshots. appreciate it.

megapixels?? no idea.........

now I've gotta get back to listening to the greatest motorcycle song ever written.....

Richard Thompson - 1952 Vincent Black Lightning - YouTube

Old 03-10-2013, 06:45 PM

136 posts, read 331,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I think it was Boss Rider Trapper. I'm near 62 asked my BIL who's a couple years older and he didn't recall it. Must be the older than 64-65 bunch that were around then.
I'm 72 and happy to know I wasn't hallucinating the old Flame. Memory's the second thing that goes, ya know.
:-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio