U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2009, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwolfman View Post
Yes you are correct. I believe it was early 80's.
If memory serves me right "Screaming Meemies" started soon after KENS stopped showing "Project Terror", so early-to mid-eighties. It was on Saturdays around noon, after cartoons ended I think. I remember they ran all the old Universal horror films on it, but for some reason my clearest memory of it is watching "Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster" which they seemed to run quite a lot.

My thanks to my old bud HHWolfman for pointing me here!

-Bob-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 07:50 PM

139 posts, read 420,922 times
Thanks Bob. Welcome. Happy Halloween all. HHW

Old 10-31-2009, 09:51 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,421,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theuberbob View Post
If memory serves me right "Screaming Meemies" started soon after KENS stopped showing "Project Terror", so early-to mid-eighties. It was on Saturdays around noon, after cartoons ended I think. I remember they ran all the old Universal horror films on it, but for some reason my clearest memory of it is watching "Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster" which they seemed to run quite a lot.

My thanks to my old bud HHWolfman for pointing me here!

-Bob-
Great memories from saturday afternoons of the past.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:40 AM

50 posts, read 147,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
It would have been torn down circa 1960. The hospital building itself was indeed located where the Tanglewood Apartments now sit. The apartment complex was completed in 1963. The original chapel that is now part of the Sunset Ridge Church of Christ was originally built as a non-denominational place of worship for hospital patrons. The Meadowwood subdivision (development started around 1960), RAM gas station, and the offices and retail shops along N. New Braunfels are all built on what was part of the hospital's front lawn.
The chapel had (still has?) a real Tiffany stained glass window.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:19 PM

2 posts, read 4,307 times
Thank you Wolfman for the Project Terror intro. I really appreciate that.

Does anyone recall the Saturday night horror show? I have a memory of the intro being a hand coming out of a grave, foggy maybe? I think it was called FRIGHT.

Does anyone else remember this?

Thanks.
Jerry

Old 11-05-2009, 08:53 PM

4,088 posts, read 6,104,416 times
Fright Night comes to mind....

Old 11-05-2009, 08:58 PM

2 posts, read 4,307 times
Fright Night was a Vampire movie. Perhaps it was also the name of the TV show. It was like Project Terror in that it was a venue for horror movies.

I remember that opening use to scare me. What year did SHOCK stop running?

Old 11-06-2009, 10:07 AM

237 posts, read 702,563 times
Default Smogster vs Big G

Quote:
Originally Posted by theuberbob View Post
... but for some reason my clearest memory of it is watching "Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster" which they seemed to run quite a lot.
My thanks to my old bud HHWolfman for pointing me here!-Bob-
Sorry to be late responding to this but as a huge Godzilla fan I couldn't resist chiming in here and besides we seem to have hit another one of those speed bumps. Meanwhile, Godzilla vs Smog Monster has got to be considered a true classic because of its unashamedly psychedelic approach to the matter of Big G attacking Tokyo again and this time due to pollution. It has a Love-In with tie-dyed, bead wearing Japanese Flower Children, an early acid rock band, a mind blowing light show and a totally less than subtle "We gotta save the planet" message to boot; they even sing about it. You can almost get high just watching the wacky but groovy classic, which ain't a bad thing these days at least occasionally. Thanks to Wolf and UBob for stirring me up enough to hit the keys again.
Attached Thumbnails
Gone But Not Forgotten in San Antonio! - Part II-smog.jpg  

Old 11-06-2009, 02:16 PM

114,169 posts, read 54,166,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauaugen63 View Post
Fright Night was a Vampire movie. Perhaps it was also the name of the TV show. It was like Project Terror in that it was a venue for horror movies.

I remember that opening use to scare me. What year did SHOCK stop running?
Must have been very early 60's at the latest. Fright Night sounds familiar too!!

Old 11-06-2009, 02:28 PM

15,926 posts, read 7,178,215 times
What was the scary movie show that had Elvira in between commercials???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or