Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2017, 05:13 PM

4,327 posts, read 7,235,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnot51 View Post
There used to be a big music cd store at the colonnade that went out of business.. it was where bicycle heaven is now. I thought CD exchange but those are still around. Does anyone remember what it used to be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Any chance it was Hastings? Just a wild guess.
There is a CD Exchange there now, but it's across Wurzbach from the HEB, right behind the Texas Med Clinic. I believe it's been in that space for several years. Maybe they were originally where the bike shop is now? I can't think of any other music CD store that was in that complex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 01:28 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,825,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
Off the top of my head I came up with twenty drive ins in San Antonio. The Fredericksburg Road, Alamo, Trail, Mission, the old San Pedro Outdoor on San Pedro at Rampart and the new San Pedro Outdoor on 281 at Bitters, the Towne Twin, Varsity, Lackland, Kelly, South Loop 13, Circle 81, Capitan, El Charro, Fiesta, Bandera Road, Valley Hi, Roxy, Judson 4, and Parkair aka Hi-Park.

There was also the Starlite in Schertz, the Tower DI in New Braunfels and the Dixie in Seguin.
There was a Rigsby too. It was as long gone as the Roxy early on. Amazingly, I've been to almost everyone. Can't think of anything you missed with that one exception. There was one between Von Ormy and Lytle or between Lytle and Devine. I think the later. Never went there ..I think it was closed first time I saw it. We definitely had more than our share of theaters indoor and outdoor.

You all may find this interesting.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/556264991447340397/

Old 07-24-2017, 04:00 PM

6 posts, read 6,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnot51 View Post
There used to be a big music cd store at the colonnade that went out of business.. it was where bicycle heaven is now. I thought CD exchange but those are still around. Does anyone remember what it used to be?

It was actually a Blockbuster Music place and I remember going there until '94 or '95 maybe? It was a really nice place at the time, and they sold CD's. I remember going with some friends, and they used to let you listen to any CD you wanted and not have to buy it! There were about 10 bar stools in the middle where people could sit and listen to the CDs. I guess the fact that many people like myself never bought a CD made them go out of business!

Old 07-24-2017, 08:59 PM

3 posts, read 3,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtone View Post
It was actually a Blockbuster Music place and I remember going there until '94 or '95 maybe? It was a really nice place at the time, and they sold CD's. I remember going with some friends, and they used to let you listen to any CD you wanted and not have to buy it! There were about 10 bar stools in the middle where people could sit and listen to the CDs. I guess the fact that many people like myself never bought a CD made them go out of business!
This!! I remember you could test any music CD you wanted before buying it. It was the only store I ever knew to do that. I drove by it today and it's a Cycle gear now, not bicycle heaven. Thank you so much!

Old 07-25-2017, 07:52 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtone View Post
Sounds like it was like those Hear Music stores that Starbucks used to have. I think the only one we had in San Antonio was downtown by the riverwalk. It was two floors with the coffee bar on the lower floor. Never been to a Blockbuster Music place though.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:21 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,187 times
Default Alamo Movie Set of 2004 ,

Yes but it was of a very flimsy make and it has already been ruined for years.
Even John Wayne's Alamo in Bracketville has fallen into a state of severe disrepair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert soliz View Post
Yup ,your correct, most of the battle took place all around on and off the barrack walls. I wonder if they'll build them as close as authentic. Would be great if they could get all the plans from the producers
of the 2003/4 Alamo movie. they actually built a scale replica of San Antonio De Bexar.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:16 PM

26 posts, read 33,659 times
I'm trying to remember the name of a steak place that was behind the HEB on West Ave and Jackson-Keller until the 90's. It was across from Dairy Queen. Now the HEB is in the new building and drainage ditch is bigger. Does anyone remember the name of this steak place?

Old 07-27-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip0WEB View Post
I'm trying to remember the name of a steak place that was behind the HEB on West Ave and Jackson-Keller until the 90's. It was across from Dairy Queen. Now the HEB is in the new building and drainage ditch is bigger. Does anyone remember the name of this steak place?
King Arthur's Court?

Old 07-27-2017, 05:07 PM

26 posts, read 33,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
King Arthur's Court?
I tried to view it on the map....I think it's between where the club King Arthur's Court used to be and HEB....it was a tiny little restaurant and they used to just serve steaks and beef. Was there a Hungry Farmer over there perhaps?

Last edited by Phillip0WEB; 07-27-2017 at 05:22 PM..

Old 07-27-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip0WEB View Post
I tried to view it on the map....I think it's between where the club King Arthur's Court used to be and HEB....it was a tiny little restaurant and they used to just serve steaks and beef.
Someone will come along that's more familiar with the area. Just keep checking back here. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio