Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 05:29 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,432,752 times

Advertisements

Camera thanks for the review went there about a month and half ago and it was good, went there for breakfast and got some small pancakes (6 for $2.99) and a coffee (1.35?) and it was very feeling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 07:21 PM

707 posts, read 1,845,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAlli View Post
CameraGirl, I appreciate you telling us about the IHOP Cafe. I was just telling my husband that we need to try it after reading your post. Thanks!
Same here! Thank you!!

Old 03-28-2009, 07:23 PM

707 posts, read 1,845,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRose View Post
Thanks for the review! We live about 1/2 a mile away and have been meaning to check this place out.

We ate at Zorba's last weekend and really liked it. We both thought it was better than Demo's. My husband had the gyro plate and I just had a gyro and fries. Their hummus was great!! We both thought the meat had great flavor and wasn't really greasy like gyro meat can be. They didn't drown the gyro in tzatziki sauce...I hate it when places do that!
We LOVE Zorba's. The owner is the nicest man. He kept bringing out foods for my kids to try.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:40 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,011,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CameraGirl View Post
This is the most vicious forum. I honestly have no idea why I even try. Nearly every time I have posted on here I get slammed. You guys are truly a tough bunch. Thank you for your welcoming attitudes. I have to wonder why we moved here. Your tougher than thou and holier than thou ways are
really getting to me.

I just thought the restaurant was a really good idea and deserved our positive attention. I wanted to make the headline read fun enough- to possibly get people to explore a new idea/concept. I was temporarily feeling like reaching out again to my new neighbors and was even excited that the idea was getting it's start in my new home town. Why so many personal attacks SA??? I was just trying to be fun and positive. I think that I may have finally learned my lesson about posting here anymore.

One of the reasons why I have pretty much stopped posting on here.. too many san antonionians with tudes...

Thanks for the update on the new place to eat.. but I for one cant afford to get very many calories !!! Trying to watch my girlish figure

Old 03-29-2009, 07:56 AM

109 posts, read 269,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
One of the reasons why I have pretty much stopped posting on here.. too many san antonionians with tudes...

Thanks for the update on the new place to eat.. but I for one cant afford to get very many calories !!! Trying to watch my girlish figure
I think more transplants than San Antonians. Southerners for the most part are a very polite bunch (me being one of them). San Antonio was rated as one of the friendliest cities in the country.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:12 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,365,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbert View Post
I think more transplants than San Antonians. Southerners for the most part are a very polite bunch (me being one of them). San Antonio was rated as one of the friendliest cities in the country.
The Maj can be helpful and nice when he's not being "testy"...ie projecting too much testosterone~ He definitely had a bee in his "bonnet" when he said this:

Quote:
majormadmax

Why would you want anything less than a full IHOP?

Sorry, I just don't see the niche that it is going to fill. Plus, like sinsativ, CameraGirl's overdone description about made me puke!

I bet the people that eat here go to Starbucks and Pei Weis as well...
Talking to a female like this is more like testosernone....A gun totin, world traveled military vet, and a family man...picking on a girl...geez...

And what is WRONG with Starbucks and Pei Wei?

Last edited by wCat; 03-29-2009 at 10:12 AM..

Old 03-29-2009, 09:39 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,820,492 times
Both transplants AND local SA'ers are equally as able to be jerks on City Data: It's not a locational thing. It's a human being thing...

I absolutely hate stereotypes about people who aren't Southerners being 'rude' or 'mean.' It just ain't true folks. I've met some pretty petty Texans in my life, as well as some majorly hospitable New Yorkers. Like I said before, it's not where you live, it's HOW you live.

As for IHOP cafe: I hope they do well. It sounds like a good concept. This, along with the expansion of Dunkin Doughnuts, should give San Antonio more options that don't cost an arm and leg to get some grub. Always good, although it may put us back up on top of the USA's fattest cities list. Eek!

BN

Old 03-29-2009, 03:38 PM

475 posts, read 1,093,957 times
Here is a link to a short online blog of the concept and an online menu for those that might be interested... IHOP Cafe - Concept Shop

Old 03-29-2009, 04:25 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,616,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Both transplants AND local SA'ers are equally as able to be jerks on City Data: It's not a locational thing. It's a human being thing...

I absolutely hate stereotypes about people who aren't Southerners being 'rude' or 'mean.' It just ain't true folks. I've met some pretty petty Texans in my life, as well as some majorly hospitable New Yorkers. Like I said before, it's not where you live, it's HOW you live.

As for IHOP cafe: I hope they do well. It sounds like a good concept. This, along with the expansion of Dunkin Doughnuts, should give San Antonio more options that don't cost an arm and leg to get some grub. Always good, although it may put us back up on top of the USA's fattest cities list. Eek!

BN
Amen, brother!

Old 03-29-2009, 06:51 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
belated to the Bill of Rights. They turned 220 years old earlier this month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio