Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 07:36 PM

58 posts, read 132,887 times

Advertisements

I have relatives that live in CF, and when visiting today, I noticed a bunch of protesters, as well as a Kens 5 news van out there today. I doubt this will blow up into something HUGE, but I really hope they win out, if for nothing else, than principal alone. It's great that people can have alot of money, but trying to buy out a public road that people use as a walkway (such as my relatives do) is just wrong. I hope this gets shot down in flames.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 07:50 PM

1,740 posts, read 5,744,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxQuickdraw View Post
I have never post here before but I "lurk" daily. I thought since this thread was well received ,I would keep you posted on the happenings. Banker did such a good job but he doesn't live here anymore.
We miss the neighbors With the building slow down - our community has come to a crawl in terms of construction. We have some neighbors and they are great - but really miss the community feel of CHF.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:05 PM

3 posts, read 11,141 times
Default Old Blanco Road For Sale???

I live in the area and walk down Old Blanco Rd at least twice a week to gain access to jogging along the new linear park. I noticied all the activity yesterday but did not have time to stop. What can I do to assure the portion of Old Blanco Rd. running behind the old Hunters Inn is not closed off to public access? There is no way that strip of road should be closed off to public access.

Anyone have info on council meetings or other meetings where this action will be discussed?

Old 10-26-2008, 11:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,409 times
Default possible old blanco road closure

You can contact your councilperson (Louis Rowe, 207-7325 is Dist 9, Diane Cibrian is Dist 8) to express your concerns and request to be kept informed of all actions pertaining to this issue. Our subdivision, Churchill Forest, has been very vocal in our opposition since we found out about the city of San Antonio's meeting with the prospective purchaser on Fri. Oct 24. According to Louis Rowe, the person who would acquire that portion of Old Blanco Road has offered to trade land he owns along the north side of Old Voelcker Lane for that part of OBR. We just found out about the meeting Tues night and have been trying to get the word out. Most people feel that the benefit of having a little more park land is not anywhere near equal to the benefit of having safe access to the Salado Creek Greenway as well as the soon-to-be-opened Voelcker Park which is along the south side of Voelcker Lane.
Also, you can get your community involved in the opposition as we have done in Churchill Forest.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:26 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,432,042 times
I live nearby and would hope that something new would go in the old hunters inn, mataisse, and El Callejon building.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,101,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhummel View Post
You can contact your councilperson (Louis Rowe, 207-7325 is Dist 9, Diane Cibrian is Dist 8) to express your concerns and request to be kept informed of all actions pertaining to this issue. Our subdivision, Churchill Forest, has been very vocal in our opposition since we found out about the city of San Antonio's meeting with the prospective purchaser on Fri. Oct 24. According to Louis Rowe, the person who would acquire that portion of Old Blanco Road has offered to trade land he owns along the north side of Old Voelcker Lane for that part of OBR. We just found out about the meeting Tues night and have been trying to get the word out. Most people feel that the benefit of having a little more park land is not anywhere near equal to the benefit of having safe access to the Salado Creek Greenway as well as the soon-to-be-opened Voelcker Park which is along the south side of Voelcker Lane.
Also, you can get your community involved in the opposition as we have done in Churchill Forest.
If OBR is closed, will there still be access to the greenway from the future Blanco Rd. parking lot at Voelcker Park?

Old 10-27-2008, 03:06 PM

1,740 posts, read 5,744,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
I live nearby and would hope that something new would go in the old hunters inn, mataisse, and El Callejon building.
Matisse was very successful until the chef died...

That building needs to be torn down as it has run its life as a restaurant. It would do better if a new structure were built there. Sadly, in these economic times I doubt anything will happen to that place.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:38 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,432,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker View Post
Matisse was very successful until the chef died...

That building needs to be torn down as it has run its life as a restaurant. It would do better if a new structure were built there. Sadly, in these economic times I doubt anything will happen to that place.
I remember the Hunters Inn back in the early 90's, and Matisse was very good. Ate their a few times and thought it was great, and for awhile they tried to make a small bar in the back.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:25 PM

65 posts, read 158,911 times
Well the news on Old Blanco Rd is good (at least as far as the City Parks and Rec is concerned).

Dear Neighbors,

We have met with the City's Parks and Recreation Dept. and they have chosen NOT to pursue the closure of Old Blanco in conjunction with the Salado Creekway project. The negative feedback from area residents was one of the major reasons.
If there are any other developments concerning this stretch of road or access to the park that are brought to our office's attention, we will be sure to let everyone know. Hope you have a great week.
Louis E. Rowe
City Councilman
District 9

Old 10-28-2008, 08:32 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,983,056 times
Wow, citizens taking action and getting results! Good on all of ya, and the city council for listening like they should! I hope you show your appreciation to your councilman for doing his job so well!

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio