Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 06:48 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
Throw the party at your house, if you have enough room and good sized backyard. My BFF just threw her daughter an extravagant first birthday and it was ridamndiculous! Seriously, the baby was tired and cranky midway thru cause there was just too much stuff going on. I think the party was more for my friend than for the baby. We had my daughter's first birthday at home, with a dinner and cake and a few friends and family. Went very smoothly Little ones tend to hate high pressure situations with tons of people, at least thats been my experience with my two. Just my two cents and good luck! Enjoy your little ones special day
yup, i agree...that's why i said if having it at your house was out of the question then look here and there ---

i also agree that you may want to scale the party back just a bit --- we have 3 kids that range from 13 - 2.5 and we always had a pretty low key 1st birthday, only because they are so small and get so overwhelmed so quickly --- nap time is usually thrown off and it usually ends with your cake and present pictures being full of tears since the babies are so tired and cranky...

a friend of mine also went all out for her first son's birthday and it was a mess of overstimulation for him ---

if your heart is set on having a large party i would suggest maybe having it for only a couple of hours with very light snacks and cake --- especially if you are having 25 9 - 12month olds --- i bet all the parents would very much appreciate keeping the party to a minimum considering their little ones are going to be thrown out of their routines as well...all it usually takes is 1 or 2 babies to get cranky and start crying and there goes all of em'...

good luck and whichever way you choose to go remember to enjoy the day as much as possible...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 06:49 PM

181 posts, read 611,454 times
What about MiniTown? Mini Town - Childrens birthday party place in san antonio texas You could maybe rent it? Some of the activities would be more appropriate for older kids, but also fun for youngers as well. If you're able to reserve you'll have all of their facilities, etc. and not have to worry about other people?

Do you have a community HOA area in your neighborhood? Many areas have pavillions, BBQ's, etc. and something like this might be nice as well?

What about a restaurant? I'm just throwing ideas out. Sorry I'm not more help. Let me keep thinking about it.

I *think* you can also reserve preschool/daycares. The first I thought of was Giant Steps or maybe the Children's Museum or the zoo? Another thought-what about a Gymboree play place or a gym?

Old 03-29-2009, 07:22 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,743 times
we rented mini town for our 7yr olds birthday this past Jan...when you rent it the only thing that is private is the party room --- the play area is still open to the public for open play time --- they do have a room for babies/toddlers but it is a very small room --- not big enough for 25 kids at all --- the rest of the things to do there are definately for older kids...

Old 03-30-2009, 09:14 AM

1 posts, read 3,744 times
Smile Pictures of parks

Welcome to San Antonio! So many responses....isn't it great to live in such a friendly city? I personally think that a birthday party held at one of the parks is a great idea. I have created a website that has lots of pictures of some of the parks. Including pictures of pavilions...kitchens...etc. Please visit and tell me what you think. www.san-antonio-parks.com

Last edited by hayjo04; 03-30-2009 at 10:21 AM..

Old 03-30-2009, 10:33 AM

220 posts, read 681,128 times
Many of the area restaurants have party rooms.

Chesters on 281N, Gradys in Leon valley, etc.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:32 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,366,291 times
possibly she has found a place since she hasn't responded?

Old 04-13-2009, 05:42 PM

5 posts, read 61,648 times
Thank you guys for all the responses. I found a place in Jewish community center..very huge hall .. comes with tables and chairs and kitchen.
They quoted 80/hr , i almost confirmed but they didn't allow liquor with out a permit and a i have to hire a cop (don't judge my guys..I know you must be thinking..kids party and liquor...from where I come from.. liquor is expected at all parties :-) ) ..so had to cancel..and ended up doing it in a restaurant.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:46 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,681,851 times
Well Picket...liquor goes along with kid's parties in TX too! We even have liquor at school festivals here. lol.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:24 PM

5 posts, read 61,648 times
I guess I am in the right place then...

Old 04-15-2009, 07:03 PM

181 posts, read 611,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayjo04 View Post
Welcome to San Antonio! So many responses....isn't it great to live in such a friendly city? I personally think that a birthday party held at one of the parks is a great idea. I have created a website that has lots of pictures of some of the parks. Including pictures of pavilions...kitchens...etc. Please visit and tell me what you think. www.san-antonio-parks.com

Wow! This is a great resource! Thank you! We're fairly new to the area and not familiar with many of the parks. This will definitely help us know the good ones to check out. (I'm sure they're all good, but the best for our family).

Thanks for sharing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio