Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 03:46 AM

363 posts, read 748,482 times

Advertisements

Anything in the paper, bring a coke can, etc for 2 adults and one child to get into Sea World for under $1,000,000?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 09:18 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
I THINK if you are Active Duty Military that they still offer that "once free admission with ID card"...at least that is what my daughter said, and she is the one with 3 toddlers...just don't keep up much with that since the little ones don't live in SA.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:45 PM

165 posts, read 463,924 times
Yes, if you are military you can get in free one time... the military member and 3 direct dependents will get in free. check out herosalute dot com.

If you are not military...honestly I don't think the prices are that out of hand. With the fun card you pay one time and get to come back all year for free. That's what I did for our family...except I upgraded my pass to include the parking all season too.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:54 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,292,219 times
I think the prices are nuts!.......though they do offer the option of making monthly payments. But I guess if you go often enough it is worth it. Im still debating......

Old 03-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Check the Sea World parking lot near closing time for discarded tickets. Gather up as many discarded tickets as you need and take them to the box office and exchange them for season passes by paying the upgrade price. The upgrade price is lower than the price of a single ticket.

I've never tried this myself, but this tip was shared by another member last year.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:07 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,835,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
I think the prices are nuts!.......though they do offer the option of making monthly payments. But I guess if you go often enough it is worth it. Im still debating......
It's cheaper than having your own pool! And it offers more variety than two xbox games bought for the same price (of one ticket). AND now that the bus route comes right by the neighborhood, the teens can come and go without the mom-taxi!! Well worth the investment for us.

The monthly payment option sounds doable. Do they just charge your cc?

Old 03-29-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djw View Post
It's cheaper than having your own pool! And it offers more variety than two xbox games bought for the same price (of one ticket). AND now that the bus route comes right by the neighborhood, the teens can come and go without the mom-taxi!! Well worth the investment for us.

The monthly payment option sounds doable. Do they just charge your cc?
Well I see your point when you have older kids who can go on their own, but mine are still small, so that means I have to get a pass for myself and take them....which means more $$$. I cant put my 5 year old on the bus, well I guess I could but then CPS would be knockin' on my door.

It seems like they just draft XX amount of dollars from your cc card monthly depending on how many passes you buy. Thats probably the route I will go since I have to buy 4 passes.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:41 PM

SeaWorld San Antonio Annual Passes

Old 03-29-2009, 01:44 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,835,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
Well I see your point when you have older kids who can go on their own, but mine are still small, so that means I have to get a pass for myself and take them....which means more $$$. I cant put my 5 year old on the bus, well I guess I could but then CPS would be knockin' on my door.

It seems like they just draft XX amount of dollars from your cc card monthly depending on how many passes you buy. Thats probably the route I will go since I have to buy 4 passes.
Ahh, yes, the little ones. I honestly don't remember ever taking mine at that age to any theme-park type place. We did the zoo, the parks, and other kid-friendly places that didn't cost much (lived elsewhere...), usually because I knew we'd likely never get our money's worth! But, at least with a season's pass, you know that if you leave an hour after getting there the ticket prices wasn't a total waste!
Now, the real trick is finding a baby-sitter that also has a season's pass so you can have the house to yourself everynow and then!!

Old 03-29-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djw View Post
Ahh, yes, the little ones. I honestly don't remember ever taking mine at that age to any theme-park type place. We did the zoo, the parks, and other kid-friendly places that didn't cost much (lived elsewhere...), usually because I knew we'd likely never get our money's worth! But, at least with a season's pass, you know that if you leave an hour after getting there the ticket prices wasn't a total waste!
Now, the real trick is finding a baby-sitter that also has a season's pass so you can have the house to yourself everynow and then!!
My son has been everywhere!!! Hes been to more movies, amusements parks, vacations, beaches, you name it, in five years than I have ever been my entire life! My parents think hes royalty.

Let me know if you do the ezpay thing. I hope its as "ez" as it seems. CC drafts make me nervous....im so lame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio