U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-08-2009, 03:31 PM

8,359 posts, read 13,324,538 times

Advertisements

I'd be more than happy to use my powers of persuasion on the WalMart management, and if by some rare event that doesn't work, I am willing to 'go ugly early'* on them!

And since the OP contacted svg210, I will await word on how I can help. Do not hesitate, I love a righteous battle!

Cheers! M2

* - inside USAF joke.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 07:20 PM

10,456 posts, read 10,207,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
This is just crazy. I have a truck and am willing to help out too. If still needed send me a dm.
Two trucks think better than one .... or something like that.

I'd offer my car, but we'd have to strap the futon to the top of the car plus we'd have to pray more than normal to keep the car from breaking on the road.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:25 PM

2,886 posts, read 3,618,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
M2, didn't even think about that option! We should barrage WM across SA until one of them steps up and does the right thing!
All it will take is one call from Bentonville....

Old 04-09-2009, 06:17 AM

So when are we doing this? I am all amped up to take some action here, but we need a plan!

Cheers! M2

Old 04-09-2009, 09:49 AM

19 posts, read 34,932 times
haha I like you! Monday would be best or sometime next week... we won't be here for Easter. Family's close by and we're visiting. It's a surprise! shhh don't tell them. Now I feel bad I've been hoping to get some type of resolution and now WE'RE putting it off... sorry.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:05 AM

1,881 posts, read 4,952,273 times
I know you are frustrated with being here. I want you to know that BAMC has awesome medical care, and they have one of the best amputee treatment clinics in the country. San Antonio has a ton to offer. Please don't let bad experience's with your husband's unit, traffic, or whatever it is disuade you from seeing the true potential of San Antonio.

If you ever need to vent or talk, DM me. I'm in the Air Force, and I know what's it's like to have to move when you don't want to! I'd be happy to give you some insight on cool things to see and do!

Old 04-09-2009, 12:39 PM

OK, some day next week it is! Let's start coordinating who will be involved, whose truck we'll be using, and when and where we are going to meet up. We also need to determine which WalMart is going to be our victim....errrr....destination. Once we have that figured out, maybe we can give them a little advanced warning so they can work the desired solution before we have to pound them into submission!

So let's have a quick roll call of who is available. I work a 6am-2pm shift on Lackland, so anytime after 2:30 in the afternoon works for me. I can bring the wife's minivan if needed, but a truck would probably work better.

And I promise I will be nice and friendly at first. I will give them full opportunity to right this wrong, but the second they hesitate to do so...well, all I gotta say is God help them as we will not lose this fight!

Oh, and I had nearly 25 years in uniform, both enlisted and commissioned, before retiring and I still work as a contractor for the DoD. If you need help with any on-base services, don't hestitate to get in contact with me.

Cheers! M2

Old 04-09-2009, 01:58 PM

1,848 posts, read 3,078,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23ericat View Post
Where do I start? My love and I are a young couple. He is 22, I am 23. We came to BAMC (Brooke Army Medical Center), Fort Sam Houston, Texas, not on the best of terms. We reccently moved into a two bedroom apartment. We only have enough furniture for a one bedroom apartment so decided to get a futon for the extra room. Easy enough right? Nope. We thought about it and decided on Wal-Mart... online ordering so they would deliver. If they brought it to me, I could put it together. It finally gets here and I'm thrilled, this is the last step in putting our new home together. Well what do you know it's defective. Oh boy! I messaged walmart.com and said they could give me $15 back or we could take it either to the store or to the post office. Hmmm... well BOTH those options involve Matthew and myself working to rectify the situation we DID NOT create. Have I mentioned yet that Matt lost his legs (yup both of them) during Operation Iraqi Freedom? Neither one of us can move this thing... no way!! So fine, online they can hide. No face to face contact makes it easier to say you're on your own. I get in touch ( or try to anyway) with the general manager at our local store. She is not available although everyone wants their own version to my problem. Then she doesn't even have the common courtesy to call me back herself. Wal-Mart prides themselves so much on helping vets and supporting their troops... well here we are!! Then they have the nerve to be like uhhh well doesn't he have any friends. Hello!!!!! I'm not sure he has a friend around here who has all their limbs.. again we don't know a lot of people here, we weren't stationed here by choice and we did not create this. Now I am disappointed, unsatisfied and there IS NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO FOR US!
I do not follow...so you can keep the item and get $15 back or you can return it to a nearby wal-mart.

You do not have a truck or the ability to move or load the item.

How is that a wal-mart customer service or policy issue?

Old 04-09-2009, 02:13 PM

667 posts, read 1,046,522 times
cr- I think she's looking for helpful responses. Thanks for trying though!

Old 04-09-2009, 02:19 PM

1,848 posts, read 3,078,957 times
So is the idea that Wal-Mart should offer door to door pick up on all returns for any customer whom is unable to or does not have the proper transportation to return the item?

Courier Service:

San Antonio Courier Service
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio