Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 06:11 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
OK, some day next week it is! Let's start coordinating who will be involved, whose truck we'll be using, and when and where we are going to meet up. We also need to determine which WalMart is going to be our victim....errrr....destination. Once we have that figured out, maybe we can give them a little advanced warning so they can work the desired solution before we have to pound them into submission!

So let's have a quick roll call of who is available. I work a 6am-2pm shift on Lackland, so anytime after 2:30 in the afternoon works for me. I can bring the wife's minivan if needed, but a truck would probably work better.

And I promise I will be nice and friendly at first. I will give them full opportunity to right this wrong, but the second they hesitate to do so...well, all I gotta say is God help them as we will not lose this fight!

Oh, and I had nearly 25 years in uniform, both enlisted and commissioned, before retiring and I still work as a contractor for the DoD. If you need help with any on-base services, don't hestitate to get in contact with me.

Cheers! M2

I work from 5am till I get bored LOL probably around your time, If Erica wants, I'll be more than happy to take my end dump, we'll load that futton up there and I'll dump it close to the walmart entrane! , I could just see it now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 08:38 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,011,338 times
I have a truck and can offer assistance.. just DM me.. I live by Ft Sam...

Old 04-09-2009, 08:57 PM

214 posts, read 501,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
I work from 5am till I get bored LOL probably around your time, If Erica wants, I'll be more than happy to take my end dump, we'll load that futton up there and I'll dump it close to the walmart entrane! , I could just see it now.

HAHAH I have an end dump as well. I've always thought it'd be funny to use on a non-paying customer or something. I had one guy have my haul three loads of brush away and then try to dodge payment - my plan was to 'return' his stuff right in his driveway. Total weight was 6 tons. Lucky for him he paid.

Just kidding people! I would never do that! But I had a good laugh thinking about it.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:37 PM

19 posts, read 50,290 times
As Matthew and I sit here we must say that we are thrilled and laughing our asses off.... we just went through and read all the pages... yes svg210 I am SO SORRY we won't be here... Major, Matthew is dying to meet you!! I will dm (instead of call) our addy and phone number as it is getting late in the evening... I may or may not be on until Monday again since we are going out of town but fear not we are willing to go with whatever you work out Again thank you all! Matt & Erica

oh and the store info is as follows:

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #1347
1430 Austin Highway
San Antonio (E), TX 78209
(210) 637-1700

Good night!!!

Old 04-09-2009, 09:38 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,683,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
I bought something thru home shopping that was defective and also an impossibly large item that I didnt have the means to take to the post office and send back on my own, so I called their customer service and they sent a UPS truck to the house to pick it up for me. I think that is what the OP was wanting to get out of Walmart, which IMO isnt necessarily unreasonable if the item is defective.
Hmm, from that perspective - the request makes sense.

The item was ordered online and delivered to the home.

The item is defective and should therefore be picked up FROM the home.

It is a great policy to have and I now know to check into that before ordering online.

Learn something new from those around you every day!

Old 04-09-2009, 11:43 PM

693 posts, read 1,502,091 times
You guys should go to the news with this. Like the trouble shooters or whatever the other stations call it. This is seriously messed up of walmart to not do anything. It can't be that hard for walmart come over pick it up and give you a new one. You did not ask for a defective futon when you bought it online. Maybe we should all write walmart and/or call the headquarters or complain to whoever it is at walmart about this. Something needs to be done because this is unacceptable for walmart to not be able to help out a customer.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:21 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,984,233 times
No worries, we're on it! I plan to go by that WalMart this weekend and find the manager (and trust me, I will find the manager!). I have a file going with all the info, and I will DM 23ericat to get the specifics on the futon and what is actually defective. Our first plan is to see if we can actually fix it, it could be something simple that a few tools and parts will suffice. If not, we will repack it and take it to the WalMart.

Anyone who wants to help on this (we'll most likely do it on Tuesday, if that's good with Matt & Erica), please DM me your contact info; and for those who have already done that, I will post details on the rally point here so keep checking back!

And my plan is if WalMart wants to really be stubborn about this, I will contact the local media as well as the veteran’s organizations about this situation. I am considering them the “reserves” at this time, but I won’t hesitate to ‘go ugly early’ on WalMart if they fail to cooperate!

But don’t you worry about a thing, Erica; we’ve got you and Matt covered! And in case we’ve been too focused on this WalMart thing and forgot, welcome to San Antonio! We know your moving here may not have been on the best terms, but that doesn’t mean it has to stay that way! We may just be a bunch of anonymous internet friends for the time being, but you two do have friends here and if there is anything else we can do for you two, please let us know!

Cheers! M2

Last edited by majormadmax; 04-10-2009 at 05:42 AM..

Old 04-10-2009, 07:35 AM

19 posts, read 50,290 times
Thank you... I probably won't be able to get online until Monday but you have my contact info if needed. Enjoy the weekend!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:40 AM

278 posts, read 693,306 times
23ericat, i messaged you.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,567 times
Go over to the VFW Post and they will be more than happy to help you with a truck and load/unload your item.

Thanks for your service!

Links (http://www.veteransflagdepot.com/links.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio