U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:56 PM

13,554 posts, read 20,765,728 times
No offense, but why would anyone film it or take photos? Just asking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 07:02 AM

667 posts, read 990,367 times
Some people feel the need to document anything of interest. Not knocking it, just explaining.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:44 AM

14,334 posts, read 25,805,990 times
think that anything that gets out on how WalMart is just a terrible company is for the greater good
and the fact that people are going out of their way to help someone with such (to some) trivial type of problem is what the American spirit is all about...the fact that Matt is service man with special needs is why people pitched in...would not have been necessary if there was no problem...so it also shows the fact that people are supporting vets when they return home

Old 04-13-2009, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,046 times
Dear 23ericat:
Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help. Operation Homefront of Texas is a non-profit organization supporting our troops who are deployed and/or wounded. We are located here in San Antonio but cover the entire state of Texas. We would be more than willing to help with the Wal-Mart issue and other needs that you may have. We have furniture and other items that have been donated to us. Please call me at 210-659-8039 or email me at texas@operationhomefront.net. We truly appreciate your family's service to our country. Jennifer

Old 04-13-2009, 11:58 AM

19 posts, read 33,151 times
Hello to you all. I am back On a lighter note, we had a wonderful weekend. Easter with the family was very enjoyable. We had a lot of fun but are very glad to be home. Again thank you all who have been very helpful in this process. Tuesday at 2:30pm is perfect for us... you have our number and address and we can meet you to bring you back here or however you want is good with us. Matthew and I will be eagerly awaiting tomorrow. Thank you for all the good posts, we have taken notes of some websites and email addresses. If there isn't anything else, we will see you tomorrow. Again thanks. ttyl

Old 04-13-2009, 10:25 PM

2,249 posts, read 3,377,442 times
Let me know what happens, I am out of town on business and would have loved to help.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:20 AM

8,284 posts, read 12,252,104 times
OK, one more time, here's today's plan...

We'll all meet up at the Church's Chicken at Harry Wurzbach and Ritterman--I think the address is 1002 Rittiman Rd--between 2:30pm and 2:45pm. From there I will call Erica and Matt and let them know we are on our way. We should be at their apartment by 3:00pm. It will probably take a half hour to an hour to disassemble the futon and load it into my van. WalMart is about a ten minute drive from their place, we'll take it there and get their refund. After that we are done.

I have two people who have contacted me stating they should be there. Both have jobs that have them on call, but they expected to make it. A few others stated they could but have not gotten in touch with me, but that's OK, and anyone that would like to help is more than welcomed to join in, just meet us at Church's.

I noticed this morning I had a missed call yesterday on my cell, a number starting with 883-XXXX. I am not good about checking my cell as I can't carry it where I work. I will have it with me when I leave the office this afternoon, so those who have the number can call me if necessary; but if someone else tried and missed me, please DM me or post a message here.

If anyone can think of anything I may have missed, please let me know. This should be an easy errand and not take more than an hour or two. I do have my tools in the van and all of the back seats removed, so I won't be able to take anyone once it is loaded sans one person in the front passenger seat; but since we are not traveling too far (a few miles at the most) it shouldn't be a problem with having several vehicles.

Thanks to everyone and I look forward to seeing you this afternoon!

Cheers! M2

Old 04-14-2009, 10:32 AM

4,794 posts, read 9,630,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by operationhomefronttexas View Post
Dear 23ericat:
Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help. Operation Homefront of Texas is a non-profit organization supporting our troops who are deployed and/or wounded. We are located here in San Antonio but cover the entire state of Texas. We would be more than willing to help with the Wal-Mart issue and other needs that you may have. We have furniture and other items that have been donated to us. Please call me at 210-659-8039 or email me at texas@operationhomefront.net. We truly appreciate your family's service to our country. Jennifer
Jennifer...thank you for posting this! What great information. You can see there are a lot of people here that are willing to help out as well. What a great opportunity for some to get involved in your organization!
Thanks for what you do!

Old 04-14-2009, 10:33 AM

4,794 posts, read 9,630,041 times
Good Luck to Erica and Matt!

Old 04-14-2009, 11:18 AM

454 posts, read 541,996 times
Good luck and God Bless you both Matt and Erica!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio