Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 05:25 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times

Advertisements

Well, just got back a little while ago from Matt & Erica's, and I am happy to report that all went well!

First, I want to thank WilGar for all his help, he is a true gentleman and it was a pleasure having him along!

Secondly, I want to thank sinsativ for her "greasing the wheels." The folks at WalMart took a little convincing, but the info sinsativ sent me convinced them we weren't leaving until everything was set right.

Lastly, but obviously not least, I have to say Matt & Erica are the nicest couple anyone could imagine! They were very grateful for our help and it only made me more happy to be able to lend them a hand. Matt is an extremely courageous young man and who has already given so much for his country. I have great respect not only for his sacrifice, but also his outstanding positive attitude!

It also turns out Matt is a fellow Jeep owner, so he and I naturally got along really well and had a lot to talk about (never put two Jeep owners together, you'll never shut them up!). As a matter of fact, I invited him to join us on a trip to Katemcy Rocks in a few weeks. He has set up his Jeep himself, and did a heck of a job on it, and my only fear is that he'll do better on the trails than I will!

And Erica proved to be quite tenacious with the people at WalMart. Initially, they only wanted to refund the price of the futon, and wasn't going to do the same with the shipping (almost $50); but she "laid down the law" pretty clearly to them and after a little conferring and discussion, plus a quick call to WalMart.com, they gladly refunded the shipping as well. She was quite convincing, and she really didn't need any help, but think she was happy to have a little "backup" just in case.

So, overall the mission was a success. I hope we made a good San Antonio impression on this young couple, they deserve it. And if you would allow me to editorialize for a minute, although we did help 'em a little today, I still think there is a lot more we could do for them. Matt & Erica are not the type to ask for help unless they really need it; but that shouldn't stop us as a community from reaching out and offering more. I have a few ideas, but I would like to hear some suggestions on how we can make these two feel even more welcomed to our great city.

And to Matt & Erica, it was a real pleasure meeting you this afternoon! I actually had fun at WalMart, I don't think they realized what they were up against when our little group came in; but in their defense I have to say Joe and Dani were helpful and nice.

More importantly, don't let this be the last we hear from you! Keep in touch both on this forum and via email and/or DMs. And I do hope you can join us in going to Katemcy!

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 05:28 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,673 times
Glad to hear everything went over well!

Old 04-14-2009, 05:37 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,834,568 times
Great job, guys!!

Old 04-14-2009, 05:45 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Thanks so much for helping them out guys...you are the BEST for coming to the aid of a CDF friend in need...especially one who has come to OUR NATION's aid!!!

I thank all involved for all they have done!

Old 04-14-2009, 06:06 PM

323 posts, read 829,416 times
Great to hear that everything went well. It is so great to see so many folks willing to help out. Kudos to everyone! Matt and Erica, welcome to SA, and thanks for your service and sacrifice to this country.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:29 PM

19 posts, read 50,293 times
Hello again. I have been quite busy with my scrapbooking tonight. Having come back from the family's I have tons of great material to work with! Again, we want to thank all of you for all the support and information you have provided us with. I can't really explain to everyone how "normal" things tend to be frustrating. It's just nice to have my faith in humanity restored. Y'all went out of your ways and we truly do appreciate it. Matt hit it off this afternoon with M2 and I have a feeling we will be seeing more of eachother... also Deep Forest anytime you'd like to get together we'd be more than happy to have you. Thanks again to everyone and good night! Matt & Erica

Old 04-14-2009, 08:31 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,834,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Secondly, I want to thank sinsativ for her "greasing the wheels." The folks at WalMart took a little convincing, but the info sinsativ sent me convinced them we weren't leaving until everything was set right.

Cheers! M2
One small correction, sinsativ, isn't a her, that's one of the reason's the people at Walmart were already greased. We had a nice conversation on Friday. My voice is very deep and intimidating. I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited too!

Old 04-14-2009, 08:34 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,193,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23ericat View Post
Hello again. I have been quite busy with my scrapbooking tonight. Having come back from the family's I have tons of great material to work with! Again, we want to thank all of you for all the support and information you have provided us with. I can't really explain to everyone how "normal" things tend to be frustrating. It's just nice to have my faith in humanity restored. Y'all went out of your ways and we truly do appreciate it. Matt hit it off this afternoon with M2 and I have a feeling we will be seeing more of eachother... also Deep Forest anytime you'd like to get together we'd be more than happy to have you. Thanks again to everyone and good night! Matt & Erica
Thanks Ericat...WalMart Corporate and I had an enjoyable conversation as well. Glad everything worked out.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few....."

Last edited by Deep Forest; 04-14-2009 at 09:01 PM..

Old 04-14-2009, 08:47 PM

452 posts, read 1,027,944 times
Good to know that everything was resolved! Good job, guys!

Old 04-14-2009, 10:49 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,365,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
One small correction, sinsativ, isn't a her, that's one of the reason's the people at Walmart were already greased. We had a nice conversation on Friday. My voice is very deep and intimidating. I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited too!
haha! I caught that too and was confused! But then one regular on CD was surprised to find out I was not a "him". I feel your pain!

Glad things went well Erica and Matt! Sounds like a great group effort....even a few behind the scenes we didn't know about! (aka DF... )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio