Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2009, 06:56 PM

8 posts, read 27,036 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I'm researching the possibility of heading down to SA for the first weekend of Fiesta. We used to live there so I'm familiar with some events but not sure about these.....any input? (FYI, we're 30/40-somethings, not as wild as we used to be, but would still like to get in some fun )

Urban 15 is having an Incognito: Fiesta's Masked Ball on Fri, April 17th.....I don't know anything about it? Was considering heading there after Alamo Heights night, but have never been there either. Is it more of a kids event?

And what is Fiestas Fantasias at Market Square (which it seems runs every day)?

And what about Taste of New Orleans.... Is that more of a kid event?

Other things we'll try to do:
Monticello Fiesta Home Tour

Arts and Crafts Fair

Not sure if we'll try to bring the kiddos and get relatives to watch them Friday night while we go out and then bring them other activities or what.

Thansk!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 08:34 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,485,815 times
if i am reading correctly i think you are saying you have never been to alamo heights night, right???

if so, i have been several times and i really enjoy it --- i would say it is like a baby niosa, but it does not seem to get as crowded ... they do have things for kids to do ... but personally, i try not to take my kids to events like that ... this is just a personal preference because i can really relax and enjoy myself more withouth the kids ... they have food booths, beer booths, margarita booths, bands, etc ... for the kids they have blow up bouncers/slides, some small carnival type rides, etc...

have a great time!!!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:15 PM

472 posts, read 1,791,900 times
Fiestas Fantasias at Market Square is free and closest to the Westside so that should tell you something. Even so I like going just to people watch and its cheaper if you BYOB.

Taste of New Orleans is great. Lots of Jazz, lots of great food. Its kid friendly. Not sure if thats what you mean or if you're asking if there are a bunch of under 30 year olds.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:14 AM

8 posts, read 27,036 times
You're right mrstxcop, we've never been to Alamo Heights.....for whatever reason the only thing we ever made it out to was the Oyster Bake.

And to clarify, by kids I meant 10 years and younger , lol!

So Alamo Heights and Taste of New Orleans sound like fun.....anyone familiar with the dance hosted by Urban 15?

Old 04-09-2009, 10:00 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,614,136 times
The art and craft fair is by far one of my favorite events. My first Fiesta was in 1998, and I've been to the art and craft fair every year. It's a wonderful event!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio