U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 09:12 AM

50 posts, read 210,050 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me in their opinion which master-planned "ranch"
would be better to live in? We will be moving to the area and have looked at the "ranches." It seems that Alamo Ranch will have it's own schools and seems to be a lot bigger than the others. Long term, what subdivision would be best?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2007, 09:32 AM

470 posts, read 1,792,375 times
It can be pretty subjective depending on what you feel is important to you. I live in Alamo Ranch and have no complaints in terms of the location (don't ask me about the builder though ). Redbird Ranch would have been too far west for us.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:50 AM

13,789 posts, read 7,322,192 times
AirForceDoc and LatinoCowboy currently live in Alamo Ranch and could probably offer up more info concerning life in Alamo Ranch.

From all the info that's been released, AR will be a very high-end masterplanned community with its own elementary and middle school amongst the different neighborhoods. A new high school planned to open in 2010 just to the south of the community will surely serve some of the area too. AR also has a large variety of home builders that have signed on to build within the community...some are building very upscale homes on hilly and treed lots that cost as much as 500K.

Redbird Ranch will be large as well but I don't believe it will be compatible to AR. RR will sit next to another large masterplanned community called Stevens Ranch and I believe that that is the area that will have the bulk of the new NISD schools for that area. NISD's Bond 2007 calls for the first new elementary school to be built in Stevens Ranch which will most likely be zoned for Redbird Ranch (RR) too.

http://bond.nisd.net/pdf/2007/fliers/SchoolsMap.pdf

Eventually, a middle school and a high school will be built there too for that growing population. Also, I think that DR Horton is the only builder announced so far for RR. There's not been as much info released as of yet for RR but as the community gets further along with home building and retail, that will change. I was able to find an old link (2005) for RR that discusses what could come to pass there.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantoni...28/story1.html

Just from driving through both communities, it seems, IMHO, that AR has many more trees than RR along with some hilly homesites with nice views, however RR has areas too that give you terrific distant views of North SA and the Hill Country but not the sheer number of trees surrounding each neighborhood.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:34 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,370,145 times
I have been through both areas many times and I must say Alamo Ranch is better. For one thing, there are more trees in AR...well, at least on the Pulte side as DR Horton cut down most of the trees in that area. Also, there are many builders to choose from, and only one, DR Horton in Redbird Ranch. Also, the traffic infrastructure is much better at AR. RR is way down Potranco Road that is currently a two-lane road and apparently, will be until 2015 due to lack of funds to widen the road as planned.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:30 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,652,333 times
You can get to Redbird and Stevens via 211 as well.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:57 PM

37 posts, read 150,551 times
Who are the builders in AR that are in the 500's?

Old 03-30-2007, 09:58 PM

If I'm not mistaken there are some half a dozen builders in AR. From DR to Pulte to Lennar.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDaniels View Post
Who are the builders in AR that are in the 500's?
I don't think there are any homes in AR in the 500's. I have seen some Pulte homes in the low 400's though (Pulte).

Old 03-30-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
If I'm not mistaken there are some half a dozen builders in AR. From DR to Pulte to Lennar.
Here are the builders I have seen in AR:

DR Horton
Pulte
Del Web (Pulte for Seniors)
Standard Pacific
Meritage
Highland
Newmark
David Weekley
Ryland
Medallion
Kimball Hill

I haven't been in AR for about two months, so there may be other builders there now.

Sorry, but Lennar is not in AR, but further West on Culebra in Kallison Ranch.

Old 03-31-2007, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Here are the builders I have seen in AR:

DR Horton
Pulte
Del Web (Pulte for Seniors)
Standard Pacific
Meritage
Highland
Newmark
David Weekley
Ryland
Medallion
Kimball Hill

I haven't been in AR for about two months, so there may be other builders there now.

Sorry, but Lennar is not in AR, but further West on Culebra in Kallison Ranch.
Then I was mistaken.

I haven't been to AR since 09/06.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio