Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 09:32 AM

472 posts, read 1,785,885 times

Advertisements

What about a Reggae station. There isnt even one here and thats just wrong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 09:53 AM

9,843 posts, read 13,579,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by intmd8r View Post
Awesome to hear that KLOVE is there. Is Air 1 also there? I believe they are a sister station to Air 1, but they play a bit heavier music.
That was one in Dallas that I adored! It's not in SA (or at least I haven't caught it). I loved hearing Grey Holiday on there. It made me feel homesick, but oh so good at the same time.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:16 AM

168 posts, read 527,915 times
I know it's not the same as radio but thought I'd see if anyone has seen GMC (Gospel Music Television)? It's on Cable and they have some good video shows on there. I personally looove Gospel Hip Hop and they even have one show with videos for that called Hype and Glory, but they have lots more traditional, but also alternative and non traditional for some or your kids. I haven't really listened to radio much since we moved here some months ago from Los Angeles, cause we use cds if we want to listen in car. When we have turned on the radio it was pretty much same ol' garbage. I can listen to my Gospel Hip Hop and bump to the beat and my kids looooove it and I can feel good about what they are listening to and not have to worry about it. I looove how relevant the lyrics are to today and sooo very clever. The jammin' W.A.R.R.I.O.R.S. are out of Austin, and wish they and Zion and LeCrae and Trip Lee (soo many good Gospel Rappers-or other kinds like alternative,etc., if you want to know any you can just ask me or you could view on youtube.com)- could get on the radio more, cause it's a lot of young people that could really benefit from listening to them as opposed to this other stuff I hear them listening to, while I know they want something entertaining and bumpin'.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:03 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,251,809 times
I Love Air One! I used to be only able to listen to it online. That would be awesome if the expanded to SA.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:51 PM

428 posts, read 1,060,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
Ugh, keep your Christ off of me.
You realize that's impossible, right?

Old 04-13-2009, 05:19 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,396,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runemaster View Post
You realize that's impossible, right?
I find it interesting that they were compelled to click on a thread title that was obviously Christian, and then complained that "Christ was on them..." well you came in here! Welcome anyway!

I read that Jon and Sherry have left KLOVE, for personal reasons! They were one of the reasons I listened, they brought a ton of personality to the station. I do wish there were more choices, as KLOVE can get very repetitive with their songs. Gets kind of 'bland' sometimes....

Link:
http://www.klove.com/promodetails.aspx?i=4944

Old 04-13-2009, 05:29 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,251,809 times
I agree about KLove's repetitiveness. There is a lot of good music on there, I wish the would take notice and put it into their rotation - or just bring Air 1 to the city!

I have to disagree about Jon & Sherry. I am surprised to hear they are no longer with KLove, but I could only handle so much of their banter. They drove me nuts!!!

Old 04-13-2009, 07:12 PM

Air1 is awesome. They have a husband & wife morning team here in Phoenix that have some really excellent conversations. Things to make you think, things to make you praise/worship and things to make you serve.

I wonder what it would take to get Air1 in San An/Austin...

Edit: I just checked their website & it says they broadcast on 103.1 out of San Marcos...

Old 04-13-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsQ View Post
I know it's not the same as radio but thought I'd see if anyone has seen GMC (Gospel Music Television)?
They have some awesome shows on different artists. We watched the one on Newsboys and another on Jeremy Camp. If you like either of them, the shows are must see TV.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:16 PM

217 posts, read 1,754,371 times
Default Christian Stations

Great to know others are interested in great christian station's !!!!!!!!! I will try to see if I can hear the station in San Marcos. I also use CD's but of course we like the radio as well. MY Kids listen to the radio and had the question as well. But for now we will listen to klove and hopefully others will follow. So many are moving to San Antonio maybe others coming in may help to bring to bring some of that great worship music to San Antonio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio