U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-13-2009, 07:54 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
399 posts, read 765,639 times
Reputation: 347

Advertisements

Just asking....what in the heck is the 420 events ? I perceive that it has something to do with smoking weed, but not quite sure what it is. Sorry but I must have been in a cave in NY to have missed this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-13-2009, 07:55 PM
 
Location: AGRESTIC
325 posts, read 528,710 times
Reputation: 226
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2009, 08:02 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
399 posts, read 765,639 times
Reputation: 347
Ok got it. Basically smoking weed is going to mess with your mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Status: "it's nonstop with you. why???" (set 4 days ago)
 
13,776 posts, read 23,711,199 times
Reputation: 5517
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittergal View Post
Just asking....what in the heck is the 420 events ? I perceive that it has something to do with smoking weed, but not quite sure what it is. Sorry but I must have been in a cave in NY to have missed this.
This may help explain the 420 meaning to you--on a Parenting website, since teens are the ones usually imbibing.....but then they grow up!

420 drug term meaning origin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2009, 08:31 PM
 
Location: San Antonio Texas (Sea World Area)
81 posts, read 157,488 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by dube665 View Post
anyone know of any? Anyone going to any?
:d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2009, 09:21 PM
 
472 posts, read 1,295,704 times
Reputation: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
This may help explain the 420 meaning to you--on a Parenting website, since teens are the ones usually imbibing.....but then they grow up!

420 drug term meaning origin
Wow didnt know Willie Nelson was still a teen.

Again the moderator did say please stick to the topic which was does anyone know of any local 420 events and is anyone going. I only asked because most major American cities do. Obviously you dont know of any and you're not going to any so please stop posting on this thread. I dont think you would appreciate it if someone did that on the threads you create. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2009, 11:04 AM
 
2,027 posts, read 5,185,501 times
Reputation: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube665 View Post
Wow didnt know Willie Nelson was still a teen.

Again the moderator did say please stick to the topic which was does anyone know of any local 420 events and is anyone going. I only asked because most major American cities do. Obviously you dont know of any and you're not going to any so please stop posting on this thread. I dont think you would appreciate it if someone did that on the threads you create. Thank you.
Seriously, Austin is much more 420 friendly and most people I know will be attending events there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2009, 11:22 AM
 
472 posts, read 1,295,704 times
Reputation: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
Seriously, Austin is much more 420 friendly and most people I know will be attending events there.
Why thank you. I will have to look those up. I guess thats why the saying goes "Keep Austin Wierd" and "Keep San Antonio Lame".

Keep Austin Weird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
MySpace.com - Keep San Antonio Lameā„¢ - 104 - Male - SanAnto, TEXAS - www.myspace.com/ksal
Keep San Antonio Lame | Facebook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2009, 11:23 AM
 
278 posts, read 484,056 times
Reputation: 192
wcat and sapphire, you need to check your definition for "imbibe" because if thats what youre doing, then youre doing it wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Status: "it's nonstop with you. why???" (set 4 days ago)
 
13,776 posts, read 23,711,199 times
Reputation: 5517
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rtigo View Post
wcat and sapphire, you need to check your definition for "imbibe" because if thats what youre doing, then youre doing it wrong.
d'oh! Cat.......we've been drinking it all this time. No wonder we're stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $94,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2015, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top