Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 07:55 AM

2 posts, read 6,189 times

Advertisements

I have lived here for quite some time now, and I am thinking about buying a house in Stone Oak. We are a phone call away from an offer. I have a few choices. Las Lomas is one (a bit before Hardy Oak on Stone Oak), but the house we're looking at is more pricey and doesn't have the sq footage that another house does, which is close to the corner of Wilderness Oak and Hardy Oak. The location though is less than ideal, if we took Stone Oak Pkwy to get there. I figured we could take Sonterra to Reagan and wind up through to get to the back side of Stone Oak, which would get us one light away from Hardy Oak, but I don't know if that's realistic or not every day from 8 to 5 - obviously not at 8 when the kids are going to school. The Las Lomas house has neighborhood amenities, the latter doesn't.

Then there's the Fox Grove area, but I'm worried that w/one lane traffic and the new PGA things going on it's going to turn into turmoil soon (i.e., Retama Park where I live close to right now).

Anyway, just need input from some on what your thoughts are if you live in this area, perhaps even Fox Grove.

My commute right now is to windcrest, but our office is moving to the Brook Hollow area.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 09:51 AM

19 posts, read 70,754 times
lday_wi,

A client of mine just bought a home in Fox Grove and loves it there. Their commute is down to the 410 and they use Wetmore as a backroad to avoid going near 281. There is the danger of development pushing traffic into trouble there, but for now it beats Stone Oak area (in my opinion) as far as traffic goes.

When I used to go out to the Forum in the mornings to another office, I never had much trouble on 1604 in that area (until I got close to the Forum) and it seems most of the traffic is heading west bound towards 281 in the mornings. From Fox Grove you can cut back to 1604 via Bulverde or Evans to Green Mountain.

Hope that helps.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:23 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,743,855 times
How much are you wanting to spend?

Old 04-16-2009, 10:39 AM

109 posts, read 269,884 times
My sister lives in the Vineyards which is at Huebner and 1604. If we ever sold that is where we would buy. Zero traffic to 1604. There is a house next to her for sale at 300k that is not advertised. Mexican nationals own it and have had it for their son to use while going to college. I could probably get a contact.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:44 AM

2 posts, read 6,189 times
Thanks for the f/b on Fox Grove. That's my hubby's fave area.

We are looking to spend less than 210K. we cannot go any further west than blanco road, as my mother watches my son and also has to drive to our house in the AM.

Thanks though, for the Vineyards reference. Maybe in a few years or so . Right now we're finding good deals in the Stone Oak area b/c I think many people are leaving due to the traffic. We are finding many foreclosures too, b/c of people overextending (very sad). And Fox Grove (Bulverde and EVans) area is newer and thus, is not too pricey yet.

Thanks so far for the info, I'll keep checking for other input.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:16 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,552,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lday_wi View Post
I have lived here for quite some time now, and I am thinking about buying a house in Stone Oak. We are a phone call away from an offer. I have a few choices. Las Lomas is one (a bit before Hardy Oak on Stone Oak), but the house we're looking at is more pricey and doesn't have the sq footage that another house does, which is close to the corner of Wilderness Oak and Hardy Oak. The location though is less than ideal, if we took Stone Oak Pkwy to get there. I figured we could take Sonterra to Reagan and wind up through to get to the back side of Stone Oak, which would get us one light away from Hardy Oak, but I don't know if that's realistic or not every day from 8 to 5 - obviously not at 8 when the kids are going to school. The Las Lomas house has neighborhood amenities, the latter doesn't.

Then there's the Fox Grove area, but I'm worried that w/one lane traffic and the new PGA things going on it's going to turn into turmoil soon (i.e., Retama Park where I live close to right now).

Anyway, just need input from some on what your thoughts are if you live in this area, perhaps even Fox Grove.

My commute right now is to windcrest, but our office is moving to the Brook Hollow area.

Thanks!
I believe that the gate to Huebner Rd is closed during the school day (Reagan HS).

Old 04-16-2009, 09:22 PM

116 posts, read 452,551 times
Default Thumbs Up Fox Grove

We live in Fox Grove and love love love it! My parents just moved from Canyon Springs into Fox Grove...DM me if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:01 AM

19 posts, read 70,754 times
aggie4ever01 - Do you live in the "older" section or the new section where they're still building? Just curious. My client moved to the new area (bought an inventory home), but was curious to hear from one of the residents in that front section.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:07 PM

9 posts, read 22,225 times
I am in the process of starting to build in the newer section. KB offers 2 plans, independence and wildflower. independence is 4 sided brick while the wildflower is front side brick. The $ range posted outside the community is more towards wildflower plans. I did the calculations and we can get a 2268sqf 2 storey home with decent upgrades for under 190K.

wildflower plans are on the "left side", where the model homes are. The ones on the right from the main street is the independence.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:07 PM

116 posts, read 452,551 times
Default Newer

rerockstar-we live in the section still building but in a Hallmark. We are 1 street over from the pool. My parents, however, live in the "older" section in the front (they are actually in a Century Classic). I didn't LOVE the new models, mostly b/c I wasn't sure how'd they'd fit in with the other homes design wise, but as they've begun to go up, they've grown on me and I kind of wish we had one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio