U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 04:02 PM

272 posts, read 369,946 times

Advertisements

Yes they flirt, but the men are surrounded by half naked women, so I don't think your daughter will not be much of concern to them, except there are always a few customers who will try to date the waitress. Some perceive them as an easier target because dancers are used to getting hit on nonstop in a night.
The Palace waitress wears a corset and black pants as their uniform. Allstars waitress wear a black and white referee type sports bra or full length low cut top with black pants. PT's wears the skimpiest lingerie type outfits similiar to dancers, and at times have the waitress get on stage and dance while the dj says "tip your favorite waitresss..."

Old 04-19-2009, 04:31 PM

1,848 posts, read 3,057,629 times
Hi Jen2009,

I waited at a gentleman's club during my first year in college. I had no issues regarding safety. The parking lot was well lit, secure and staff was walked to our cars.

As for the customers, well, a pretty girl will be flirted with at Chili's or at a club. Most men are much smarter than to touch, grab etc. the waitresses and I rarely had any issues with negative or vulgar comments.

I made great money and only decided to leave because of the hours, leaving at 2am, and the commute (in Dallas these bars are "Downtown", not scattered around town in the suburbs).

The uniform was "black on bottom, white on top" which was great because I could wear my own clothing.

I would not call you naive at all...I worked at the club with a girlfriend and neither of us moved on to dancing.

Hope that helps...

Old 04-19-2009, 10:17 PM

200 posts, read 632,277 times
We need pics of your daughter to answer this question accurately.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:25 PM

27 posts, read 124,389 times

Old 04-20-2009, 04:09 PM

94 posts, read 138,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2009 View Post
I am a mother of a 22 year old and recently received news from my daughter that she is going to start waitressing at a gentlemen's club in San Antonio. I have never been in one, but am a bit curious if the waitresses wear a "uniform" that is too revealing? She did not mention which one she will be working at, but said it's one of the nicer ones there. Also, for anyone who has ever been a customer at one, do you flirt, touch, degrade the waitresses? She says it is only meanwhile until she gets financially back on track but I am still scared or what goes on in there and worry because after all it is a strip club.
If she wanted to be a waitress, there are tons of restaurants here that don't require skimpy outfits and have naked people dancing around. The waitresses at strip clubs are only a small step above the strippers, and eventually end up being strippers after seeing the amount of money that the strippers make. Usually the waitresses get hit on more than the strippers, and usually the waitresses do just as many drugs, take just as many "offers" and live the life of strippers. If you have any say so, you should try and sway her to at least give hooters a shot, if she still wants the atmosphere of drooling guys, and good tips, without all the nudity, weirdo's, and morality issues.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:58 PM

841 posts, read 1,809,104 times
if she says its one of the better clubs, then I would not worry. now I have 2 friends that started as waitresses, and ended up dancing, because the money was ALOT better. so thats really the only thing that you might wanna worry about.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:39 AM

2 posts, read 25,539 times
Default Thank you for the feed back

It was greatly appreciated. For the comments regarding her eventually becoming a stripper, well I am not worried about that. She recently graduated college, although with the way the economy currently is she figured she would do that until she gets a secure and stable job because she hasn't had any luck yet. And yes, there are other places she could wait tables at such as Chili's or other restaurants of that sort, but due to the large amount of bills she has including rent, utilities, school loans and the list goes on, she needs a well paying job in her field or waiting tables where she will make above average tips. The way she explained it to me, if she were to work at a Chili's or similar to that, she would not be able to pay all her bills. Either way, thank you all for the comments and feedback.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:48 PM

1,740 posts, read 3,927,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2009 View Post
It was greatly appreciated. For the comments regarding her eventually becoming a stripper, well I am not worried about that. She recently graduated college, although with the way the economy currently is she figured she would do that until she gets a secure and stable job because she hasn't had any luck yet. And yes, there are other places she could wait tables at such as Chili's or other restaurants of that sort, but due to the large amount of bills she has including rent, utilities, school loans and the list goes on, she needs a well paying job in her field or waiting tables where she will make above average tips. The way she explained it to me, if she were to work at a Chili's or similar to that, she would not be able to pay all her bills. Either way, thank you all for the comments and feedback.
If her motivation is money as you state above - and she has already lowered her standards to work in a strip club...then I would be concerned. I see these places as one step removed from prostitution - full of gross perverted men looking to get their thrills.

If I was hiring someone for a legitimate job and they had a strip club on their job history - I wouldn't hire them. I am a firm believer that a person's morale compass will dictate how they handle themselves in all circumstances. What morale compass directs people to frequent or work at these types of places?

If the can't pay all her bills encourage her to move in with you and help her get caught up on her bills while holding down a regular job - that doesn't involve the sex industry.

Just my opinion.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:59 PM

132 posts, read 179,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker View Post
If her motivation is money as you state above - and she has already lowered her standards to work in a strip club...then I would be concerned. I see these places as one step removed from prostitution - full of gross perverted men looking to get their thrills.

If I was hiring someone for a legitimate job and they had a strip club on their job history - I wouldn't hire them. I am a firm believer that a person's morale compass will dictate how they handle themselves in all circumstances. What morale compass directs people to frequent or work at these types of places?

If the can't pay all her bills encourage her to move in with you and help her get caught up on her bills while holding down a regular job - that doesn't involve the sex industry.

Just my opinion.
+1..well said...If you are resorting to a strip club just to pay bills then something is wrong..like too many expenses..San Antonio is NOT an expensive place to live..granted shes not stripping, which is great, but professional/moral dignity is worth more than money..especially currently looking for a job, saying I work at a strip club "to pay the bills" isn't a very helpful reputation to have..

Old 04-21-2009, 09:32 PM

8,355 posts, read 13,176,231 times
Well, I guess my morale compass must be broken as I have actually frequented such clubs during my life. So the 25 years of military service, my work with the Cub Scouts, all of my higher education and the trust that the US government still puts in me to handle some of the most classified information available is all negated because I had fun in some strip club when I was young and single?!?

Sorry, but I highly doubt that anyone is in such a position as to throw stones at someone for trying to earn a living....

If you're so concerned about it, why don't you offer her a better-paying job? She has a college education, so I am sure you can find her something that will save her from losing her soul selling drinks at a strip club!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio