Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 05:17 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried Kennedy's yet. They are located north of HWY 151 on Potranco in the Richland Hills Shopping Center.
Our neighbor here in The Villages of Westcreek owns it. About a year ago + - Clint treated our family to one of his meatball subs. FANTASTIC !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 05:40 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,836,085 times
Got the menu, little on the expensive side. We'll try it this weekend when the kids are gone.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:44 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Call me skeptical...I give it a 50-50 chance of making it. Early reports of long wait times and it possibly being on the pricey side for what it is, don't bode well for this business. We'll see, I wish the owner luck.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:47 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,835,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
Has anyone tried Kennedy's yet. They are located north of HWY 151 on Potranco in the Richland Hills Shopping Center.
Our neighbor here in The Villages of Westcreek owns it. About a year ago + - Clint treated our family to one of his meatball subs. FANTASTIC !
mojokitty talked about it in the Potranco/1604 thread.
I'll give 'em a while to work the kinks out!

Old 04-21-2009, 07:15 PM

545 posts, read 2,284,041 times
Saw this thread while looking for something else this evening and decided to give them a shot.

Now I may be a little more picky than some, but I always judge a Chicago pizza place by their sausage pizza. It's got to live up to a Lou Malnatti's, Gino's or Giordano's for me to give it a true thumbs up, A+, and this one fell painfully short in one area.

I'll start with the positives:
Crust - really good. Spongy on the bottom, crispy on the edges, and it held up really well even after a 15 minute drive back to the house. A little on the thick side, but it helped it hold up really well.
Cheese - they did it right, and layered slices of mozzarella, and it was a generous amount.
Sauce - pretty good...no complaints, and it had a nice sprinkling of parmesan on top.

Now all of that came after my first impression. When I first opened the pizza, my first thought was, "What were they thinking? No WAY this is Chicago Style." The sausage was crumbled on TOP of the pizza, and if you know anything about any of the Chicago pizza joints mentioned above, they all have a solid disk of pressed italian sausage on top of the cheese, under the sauce.

Overall, the pizza was good, but if you're going to claim Chicago Style, for me anyway, the placement and type of meat is key, and on this point, they failed. Since they got 3/4 of the pizza right, I'll give them a C. I might be back for a peperoni, or one of their sandwiches...the bread reminds me of a little italian joint called Avanti's at Illinois State University.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:39 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,217 times
Sausage ON TOP? Fuggetaboudit... Ain't Chicago-style. No how, no way.

I just got back from Chitown a few weeks ago and treated myself to a pie from Uno's. You definitely know you're eating a Chicago classic when you can barely get through one piece. I also fell in love again with their minestrone soup. Man, it's good.

Great. Now I'm hungry.

BN

Old 04-24-2009, 06:20 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,699,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Sausage ON TOP? Fuggetaboudit... Ain't Chicago-style. No how, no way.

I just got back from Chitown a few weeks ago and treated myself to a pie from Uno's. You definitely know you're eating a Chicago classic when you can barely get through one piece. I also fell in love again with their minestrone soup. Man, it's good.

Great. Now I'm hungry.

BN
You do realize that Uno's is a chain? It's not just in Chicago. We had them in Ohio and I see they have one in Forth Worth. Just FYI for ya! We went to Chicago and had one from, I believe Giordanos. That's some good pie! We could barely get past one piece. YUM! Kennedys was OK. I mean, if you are really craving Chicago Style Pizza, it will do.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:25 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
Yep, I have been to Uno's in Michigan, DC, and California. I would love to see one here, but that will probably never happen. Even though we are the scourge of suburbia chain restaurants..
however, in BN's defense, if he ate at The Uno in Chicago (as in Uno numero uno), that is supposed to be better than the rest. Or at least that's what a friend of mine that grew up in Chicago told me.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:28 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,586 times
The Uno's BN was referring to was the original restaurant, and is often considered a good place to go for Chi-style pizza. I liked Gino's more, but that had a lot to do with atmosphere and the fact that I'd been to several Uno's restaurants in different cities already...

--Dim

Old 04-24-2009, 06:30 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Yep, I have been to Uno's in Michigan, DC, and California. I would love to see one here, but that will probably never happen. Even though we are the scourge of suburbia chain restaurants..
however, in FCF's defense, if he ate at The Uno in Chicago, that is supposed to be better than the rest. Or at least that's what a friend of mine that grew up in Chicago told me.
Uhhh...I think you've gotten me mixed up with BN. I'm a Giordano's guy myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio