U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 07:01 PM

4,263 posts, read 7,113,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
does anyone know if the price of gold went up??? i have a fair amount of 22k gold that i had appraised a few weeks ago --- the guy offered me $600 or so for it --- i didn't sell though...

later that day i told my mom about the offer and she said she heard the price of gold was supposed to go up soon...i'm wondering if it's gone up in the past 4weeks or so...
You can view gold performance here:

Historical Gold Charts and Data - London Fix

No one can predict whether or not the "price is supposed to go up" at any given time. There are indicators...but nothing is guaranteed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 06:07 AM

1 posts, read 4,008 times
I took my gold to 4 differnt place in Orlando Florida the best price I got was at Moderator cut: recommendation I think . They also have a web site at Moderator cut: link You can tell walking in and talking to them that they are not scammers like some.

Last edited by Bo; 09-27-2009 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: New members are not permitted to post links or recommend businesses.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:51 AM

4,263 posts, read 7,113,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda57 View Post
I took my gold to 4 differnt place in Orlando Florida the best price I got was at Moderator cut: recommendation I think . They also have a web site at Moderator cut: link You can tell walking in and talking to them that they are not scammers like some.

Well, considering that this is the San Antonio forum...and one can't mail the gold in (as per their faq)...

"""Can I Mail -In My Gold ? No,
Not at this time . We have heard and seen so many horror story's about the mail-in programs that we do not want that kind of reputation."""

I would have to say that this is irrelevant.

Last edited by Bo; 09-27-2009 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: updated quote to match original

Old 09-27-2009, 01:00 PM

4,794 posts, read 10,160,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catriona View Post
Where did you go to get the appraisal? I need to have some jewelry appraised.
Catriona....most reputable jewelers have certified appraisers. They give you a complete report of what they are appraising and all the details including any gemstones.

If you are talking about old scrap jewelry then that is another story. The gold has to be tested to verify what karat it is. (even though most are marked, reputable dealers still test it to make sure). Then it's weighed and they generally will give the market price of the day. If gold value goes up the next day, there is nothing that can be done about it. Good dealers know when to buy and sell scrap gold, just as any other commodity. FCF is correct that there is no way to predict the price of gold.

Most dealers will ONLY deal with sterling. Silver plate anything has almost zero market value for scrap.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,964 times
So in Spokane WA theres a Gold Buyers At The Mall kiosk @ Spokane Valley Mall that outpays all competition by quite a bit. 22k gold should bring a lot of money depending on the weight. They test everything in from of you & pay cash!

Old 01-11-2011, 07:08 AM

3,115 posts, read 6,196,388 times
Medlar's Jewelry at 410 and Blanco on the NW side is a reputable jewelry store that sells gold coins. I have bought coins multiple times. I'm sure they will also appraise your jewelry.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:06 PM

2,878 posts, read 2,272,670 times
Like the other poster said, hold on to any quality gold jewelry you have. Appraised....or he just made an offer? You PAY for appraisals and must go to the pros for that! Mostly you'll get scammed if you sell to anyone with ads saying they'll buy your gold jewelry. You won't get that much compared to what the stuff is worth.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:08 PM

1 posts, read 51 times
Where can i sale a 32 ounce bar of gold do i need any paperwork or documents to sale it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio