U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 09:39 AM

3 posts, read 2,896 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
We could be relocating to San Antonio. We have a little guy due to start Kindergarten in the fall and an older sib going into 3rd Grade.After doing a spot of quick research it seems the NE of the city has a host of great schools.
Does anyone know of other areas, they can't all be just up there can they?
Any first hand experience would be greatly welcomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 09:50 AM
djw

951 posts, read 2,571,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linskill View Post
Hello everyone,
We could be relocating to San Antonio. We have a little guy due to start Kindergarten in the fall and an older sib going into 3rd Grade.After doing a spot of quick research it seems the NE of the city has a host of great schools.
Does anyone know of other areas, they can't all be just up there can they?
Any first hand experience would be greatly welcomed.
search the forum for NISD, NEISD, etc. Also take a look at the relocation sticky at the top.
"great schools" is very subjective. And first hand experience with what exactly?
Please formulate more specific questions so that we may more accurately help you.
Welcome to SA!

Old 04-22-2009, 10:10 AM

Red face Sorry VA to SA again!!

Sorry, when asking about the schools I forgot to mention that the older sib is in the GT prog. at school, not sure if this would make a difference to the school districts I should be looking at?? Also we're not American and the whole school system over here is still a bit of a mystery to us!
Thanks everyone!

Old 04-22-2009, 10:22 AM

Hi, Sorry to be so vague! I suppose what I mean is a good mix of academics and developing the child as a whole.I know school tests are a huge priority but I sometimes think that that focus can lead the schools to be too results driven. As for first hand experience, I just wondered if anyone had children in a school district that they would highly recommend, rather than just hearsay.
Is it really hot and humid too??

Old 04-22-2009, 01:13 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,691,565 times
Quote:
Hi, Sorry to be so vague! I suppose what I mean is a good mix of academics and developing the child as a whole.I know school tests are a huge priority but I sometimes think that that focus can lead the schools to be too results driven. As for first hand experience, I just wondered if anyone had children in a school district that they would highly recommend, rather than just hearsay.
Is it really hot and humid too??
Yes, it's somewhat hot and sometimes humid. It's a loong summer. May,June,July, August,September on through the end of October in the 90's most of the time. 80's most days in April. We hit 90 one day near the end of February this year.

More info on schools here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...index-san.html

Old 04-22-2009, 01:31 PM

175 posts, read 240,523 times
Check out AHISD and NISD.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:11 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,571,234 times
Quote:
Sorry, when asking about the schools I forgot to mention that the older sib is in the GT prog. at school, not sure if this would make a difference to the school districts I should be looking at?? Also we're not American and the whole school system over here is still a bit of a mystery to us!
Thanks everyone!
What is the GT prog?

Old 04-22-2009, 03:09 PM

123 posts, read 404,339 times
My child is in 4th grade in the GT program at Leon Springs Elementary in the Northside ISD, which serves children up I-10 around the Boerne Stage Road area. The school is an exemplary elementary school and the GT teacher is top notch. She is dynamic and sharp and the time spent with her is my son's favorite of the week.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:41 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,140,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djw View Post
What is the GT prog?
Gifted and Talented.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:51 PM

36 posts, read 80,788 times
I also moved from VA to SA last year. My son goes to Bulverde Creek Elementary School. They also have the GT program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or