U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 01:51 PM

26 posts, read 59,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube665 View Post
Ive seen him get pist off at the people behind the camera or at whoever wrote the teleprompter script cause it caused him to say something incorrectly.
Yeah. But, you know, too, I've noticed with such growing frequency how often there are misspellings in the onscreen text during newscasts. It bugs me, "they're unable to even find people who can even spell properly, sheesh," etc.

Heh, not to mention how often the wrong camera is on or the wrong video is played, wrong graphics, etc.

Maybe I just never paid enough attention before and it's no worse now than it's ever been, but it sure *feels* like it's worse. Oh well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 06:00 AM

15,299 posts, read 27,428,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
lisa, and bill, both with one post each...interesting. like I was saying, in my 1st post, I hope she's o.k. if its the medication, then that's understandable. unlike lisa's private message she sent me saying that i have too much free time, I shouldnt judge, and I should get a job. even though I am disbled at the moment.
Tony, CD will not tolerate negative or bashing DM's. If you are so inclined you can forward it to Markablue or Yac (Senior Moderators) for action. For the record, I thought your OP was quite caring and just asking a question. Perfectly fine for this forum. Peoples answers using defensiveness are more telling than the question that you asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa James View Post
Sorry Tony, my personal message was meant for another. Please forgive me.
That still doesn't make it right. Personal attacks, whether via DM or post, will not be tolerated.

I spent almost 6 years in San Antonio (holla!) and remember the subject of the OP well. Many of us are working moms with challenging careers and health problems. Life is a challenge sometimes!

Old 05-14-2009, 11:07 AM

604 posts, read 1,368,016 times
Anybody watch todays noon news??? Wheew you coult feel the tension thru the tele!

Old 05-14-2009, 11:29 AM

11,927 posts, read 12,786,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasa101 View Post
Anybody watch todays noon news??? Wheew you coult feel the tension thru the tele!
I watched and didn't notice anything at all. I have noticed she seems to be doing better, maybe just a rough spot there for awhile. She's good now.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:35 AM

604 posts, read 1,368,016 times
She seems fine-what I saw was -Fred started off with breaking news and then threw it to her-unexpectedly, she clearly adlibbed (spelling?) and gave him a look . they just seem to have a lot of tension between them.

Old 05-16-2009, 02:45 PM

3 posts, read 10,430 times
Default Dumb Fred

I saw that too, looks like he is trying to get her flustered but she doesn't skip a beat..guess that's what you call ad-libbing and talented. Wonder what his problem is?
I did notice her yesterday and her throat was really bad, I have the same thing, must be allergies..no voice at all today. My husband is soooo happy and hopes it stays for awhile.
One thing is, I don't have to worry about talking on a tv show.
Hope she feels better Monday and hope I feel better too!

Old 05-16-2009, 02:53 PM

I will also hope you feel better soon!

I have noticed the scratchy throat thing with her for awhile. It does seem to come and go. Allergies would explain it.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:46 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,217,639 times
So have we found anyone who likes fred?

Old 05-16-2009, 04:10 PM

I like Fred.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:28 PM

778 posts, read 2,216,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
So have we found anyone who likes fred?
I always liked Kelly Chapman (his ex).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio