Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:13 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times

Advertisements

JUST in case anyone is interested...I was just at the HEB Plus at Potranco and 1604. In a shopping basket at the checkout lanes (right where the self service checkouts are) they have the N-95 WHO masks in a bulk pack of 20. They are marked ast $29.99 but rang up at $9.99 per pack. Guess that makes me and HEB even for all the times I have grabbed something that has that clearence price sign posted only to have it ring up at the register at the full price.

I got some...will be on lots of mass transit in several different countries in the next two weeks and figured they might come in handy. I sure picked a great time to explore Europe....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 09:34 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,709,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post

I got some...will be on lots of mass transit in several different countries in the next two weeks and figured they might come in handy. I sure picked a great time to explore Europe....
Wow, be sure to try and get some good deals at this time then. There's gotta be an upside to all this.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:01 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I sure picked a great time to explore Europe....
Yup I heard the vendors have no one buying their stuff in Mexico City (cus nobody is around). Maybe Europe needs tourists too at this time.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:42 AM

20 posts, read 35,866 times
Taking a new vaccine,
Just think, if taking something as simple as Tylenol can result with fatal allergic reactions, why would a NEW, vaccine be the one all remedy (Snake Oil)… What are the side effects…?

Just like any other illness, our immune systems must develop to fight the bacteria… How can this happen when you pump synthetic antibiotics into your system to fight something that should be done naturally…?

Just another ingredient altering our DNA…

God forbid we attempt to live healthy, use good nutrition, exercise, etc… Instead, we fill ourselves with junk food and have doctors fill prescriptions for us, to have medications alter our inability to balance our own nutrition…

Besides, this is life… Whether we like it or not, we all die… It’s a natural process… Our bodies are temporary vessels, allowing our spirits to occupy for a short period into an infinite journey…

Time to get over the piggy flue!

By the way, dakotamidnight; good to hear your daughter broke fever...

Old 05-05-2009, 04:40 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,409,515 times
New HHS Secretary now has CDC recommendations that , GET THIS, schools should remain open and sick students should be sent home and away from other students for a week.

Moderator cut: see comment

Last edited by Bo; 05-05-2009 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: Discussion of national politics belongs in the P&OC forum.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:06 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,365,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
New HHS Secretary now has CDC recommendations that , GET THIS, schools should remain open and sick students should be sent home and away from other students for a week.

Moderator cut: see comment
well...the cow is outta the barn. Now what is the recommendation to round them up?????

Old 05-05-2009, 06:25 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,409,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
well...the cow is outta the barn. Now what is the recommendation to round them up?????

The HHS officials found that the school closure students were not kept home , but were sent to libraries or allowed to congregate with other students. Parents were not sent home to care for them and there was no other way to care for them.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:29 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
The HHS officials found that the school closure students were not kept home , but were sent to libraries or allowed to congregate with other students. Parents were not sent home to care for them and there was no other way to care for them.
Wow. This the school system we are talking about. (Ow! my head)

Old 05-05-2009, 06:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
which is exactly why it kills me when people say they are just listening to the officials. These people ("experts" included) are imbeciles that have a good grasp on politics and that is the only way they have rose to their position. They have no clue what they are talking about and only read their prepared speeches that have been censored because they did not agree with something an actual expert said.
Better off watching what they do rather than what they say.
What they don't say is important too.

-Is the flu "mild" just for those that have taken tamiflu ?
-Why doesn't the CDC have info on the hospitalized swine flu patients ?
-Why did the Navy just cancel a deployment of over 1000 because of 1 confirmed case ?
-What age group seems the most at risk ? (I've read 15-25 which is total opposite of seasonal flu).

Old 05-05-2009, 08:58 PM

311 posts, read 845,927 times
okay, I now have ZERO faith in the CDC. I tested positive last Monday for flu a & b. My Dr. checked with the state cdc while I was there - sitting with my blue mask...for their requirements as to how to send a sample in for them to test for swine flu.

My dr.'s office followed the regulations & took another swab from me, I watched as they sealed it up & they even SHOWED me the fax they got with the regulations on how to send it in.

I've been waiting until this morning, 8 days later...when my doctors office was finally told by the cdc that the requirements for the samples changed on Wed., 2 days after they sent mine in so mine was basically trashed & marked as "inconclusive".

Fabulous. Anyway, I'm fine now but my husband & kiddo missed a week of work & school for "inconclusive. what if this was something really serious????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio