Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 02:04 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,779,133 times

Advertisements

Having TETCO's CEO as a partner in this with Wolff could mean they plan to eventually open multiple locations across town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 02:10 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,779,133 times
Here's their website:

Green Fields Market

Old 08-06-2009, 03:09 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,999,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Traffic at Stone Oak Parkway and Huebner is already bad. Putting the only grocery store that's inside Stone Oak there won't help it.
I doubt this will have much of an impact at all on traffic. The parking lot can only hold 50 cars so its not going to be an HEB kinda of impact. I work right their and the traffic is not even that bad except at peak times.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:22 PM

824 posts, read 1,815,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
I agree. Doesn't ANYONE dealing in zoning and code compliance for the Stone Oak area ever learn anything? It's like they're just jamming in as much as possible and not even thinking about the traffic/social ramifications. Utterly stupid and the main reason why I'd never live there again.

BN
Actually, yes. There are lots of people dealing in zoning and code compliance. Stone Oak is being constructed precisely as designed.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:25 PM

824 posts, read 1,815,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Traffic at Stone Oak Parkway and Huebner is already bad. Putting the only grocery store that's inside Stone Oak there won't help it.
Interesting argument. If traffic is bad there (and it is), then where should the store go? The highway, so more people have to drive further to get there? I would have suspected that most Stone Oakers would prefer that location to dealing with the chaos at 281 & Evans.

There's an interesting phenomenon happening in the burbs. Most people are familiar with the folks described as NIMBYs ("Not in my backyard!").

Now, many suburbanites are turning into BANANAs ("Build absolutely nothing anywhere near anything).

Old 08-06-2009, 03:57 PM

126 posts, read 362,890 times
well I for one am happy about it. Saves me from going to that monstrosity HEB so much. I can just pop down the road after work and pick up freshness.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:02 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,819,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlpr View Post
Actually, yes. There are lots of people dealing in zoning and code compliance. Stone Oak is being constructed precisely as designed.
Ah, so Stone Oak's master-plan of being a gigantic cluster**ck is working! Great to see intelligent planning come to fruition in a way that aggravates, stresses out and plays hell with everyone who lives within.

Way to go Stone Oak!

BN

Old 08-06-2009, 04:21 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,820,588 times
Quote:
Ah, so Stone Oak's master-plan of being a gigantic cluster**ck is working! Great to see intelligent planning come to fruition in a way that aggravates, stresses out and plays hell with everyone who lives within.

Way to go Stone Oak!

BN
I'll make the argument that anyone who is crazy enough to live there, was already aware that it's one giant cluster**ck when they bought. This should be no surprise. They made their beds, now they can lie in them.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:23 PM

330 posts, read 936,618 times
Somewhere quick to be able to run in and get fresh food and vegtables is a God send in our area !

Old 08-06-2009, 04:39 PM

126 posts, read 362,890 times
Quote:

Way to go Stone Oak! BN
maybe you should get yourself on some planning and zoning committees if your so concerned about it.
BTW, I don't live in SO, I live just north, but I work there and this store is convenient for me.

your constant negativity gets tiresom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio