U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 08:20 PM

608 posts, read 1,169,664 times
And like I have been asking, how will anyone know?

That's the problem with this day and age, people are always just thinking of themselves. Maybe if more people reported idiots then less idiots would be on the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 08:45 PM

452 posts, read 633,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche111e View Post
And like I have been asking, how will anyone know?

That's the problem with this day and age, people are always just thinking of themselves. Maybe if more people reported idiots then less idiots would be on the street.
With caller ID, the police department can discover who I am and some dispatchers have big mouths. That's how someone might know! I had mentioned before that in one case I had specifically requested to remain anonymous and the investigator sold me out. I don't trust anyone to keep their word to not release my identity. So, yeah, between your STUFF and my life, guess which means more to me.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:29 PM

65 posts, read 57,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMP View Post
have a subject for a forum that we have been kicking around the office today because one of our clients had this very situation.

Would you call the police if you knew your neighbor was doing something illegal such as: Selling drugs, stolen property, a teen was doing graffiti, or if he or she was part of a gang. Anything that makes good standing neighbors nervous.

This guy, in this situation was selling drugs and she turned the guy in and the cops arrested the loser. However, her friends, and neighbors are not pissed off at the woman because they feel she is a “snitch”.

I know this is not just a San Antonio thing, but it is a problem in San Antonio and would like to see people discuss it, in an attempt to maybe change someone’s mind who is scared to turn in illegal activity to do so.
I worked twenty years in the rougher areas of Birmingham in the UK as a private hire driver and have picked up wannabee gangsters, real ones, heroin addicts, crack heads, done most of it myself as well.

Society over here has gone badly wrong because the marxists and communists have created many quangos have made the criminal the victim and the law abiding citizen should really understand that it is partly his fault that these criminals exist in the first place.

For example the Marxist head of the multi million pound tax payer funded race relation industry spent years telling people who were seeing there culture been torn apart that wave after wave of people from third world countries would intergrate and we were force fed that word like bad tasting medicine for many years.

They came up with another word diversity which had to be celebrated and loved just like the first woman you ever fell in love with and for many years the sheeple never noticed all the cocaine been brought in by jaimacan criminals or the heroin been brought in by the muslims to further the cause of jihad apparantly we had a nice choice of eateries and needed to be happy.

The next word was cohesion because apparantly between the intergration and the diversity the witchfinder marxist general had noticed something was badly wrong in communist heaven and the natives were becoming restless, to try and solve this problem they removed lots of nice Godly words from childrens dictionaries and replaced them with new buzzwords.

getting back to the point, dealers are like rats you may see one that scares you but there is a whole colony just waiting and removing the one will only attract more scouts until you eradicate the nest.

I myself for all my illegal activities, i only harmed myself and made a few people richer than they were before they met me, I have a criminal record for having to accept a piece of paper after been incarcerated for eighteen hours and my Mother who was a devout Christian recently fell asleep at 93 and left me some money, the solicitor refused to give me the proceeds when probate was finished and took his over inflated amount out of it and then told me my deceased Mother was under investigation by a goverment department the investigation went on for six months they took $2000 i had no paperwork saying what this was for or what my mother done wrong to incur such a penalty.

I swear by almighty God that is true and would suggest you watch this film because this method is how they destroyed the uk and the gentleman presenting this is risking his life and it may help you detect if this is happening in your corner of the world.

Brian Gerrish - 'State of the Nation' talk at the Stoke' Lawful Rebellion' Conference | www.tpuc.org

Old 04-28-2009, 10:08 PM

608 posts, read 1,169,664 times
You learn something new every day!

Old 04-28-2009, 11:13 PM

4,794 posts, read 9,825,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche111e View Post
You learn something new every day!

haha!!!! LOL!

Old 04-29-2009, 11:43 AM

10,062 posts, read 9,469,312 times
I would report them,

BTW, there's 2 sides to this...
the same people that complain about the "ghetto don't snitch culture"
have their own "white collar don't snitch culture" (i.e. coworker drinking/smoking in the office, inappropriate business expenses, inappropriate use of computers at work, etc)

Old 04-29-2009, 11:47 AM

10,062 posts, read 9,469,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Butler View Post
I worked twenty years in the rougher areas of Birmingham in the UK as a private hire driver and have picked up wannabee gangsters, real ones, heroin addicts, crack heads, done most of it myself as well.
As I said before... there's also another side to the "Don't snitch culture" (bankers, stock market, politicians, etc)

In our culture we are told that everything they do is right,
if for some reason they do something illegal... it was a mistake or they didn't know it was illegal.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:34 AM

2,170 posts, read 4,495,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisLilSecret View Post
[/b]

Why not? It's against the law to ditch school and the person doing it is probably up to no good or might get hurt. Same thing.

Hmmm...I'll tell my dad you said that. From the time we were very young, my siblings and I were told NOT to be snitches and to mind our own business, otherwise, we could end up getting ourselves into hot water. You don't know how badly I wished I had listened to him during the above-mentioned incident. I had to look over my shoulder for weeks!

So what you are saying is... someone kills someone in front of you.. and because of your upbringing.. you wont call it in?

Hmmmm.. not sure I am with you on this one.. I believe your parental unit may have done you some injustice

Old 04-30-2009, 10:55 AM

452 posts, read 633,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
So what you are saying is... someone kills someone in front of you.. and because of your upbringing.. you wont call it in?

Hmmmm.. not sure I am with you on this one.. I believe your parental unit may have done you some injustice
Goodness gracious! Is it too much to ask that you read my posts clearly? I said if someone is in physical danger I HAVE and WILL call the police. I will NOT, if it involves property damage. There are certain things that I will take risks for, but someone else's property isn't one of them.

And, never you mind whether my FATHER was right or wrong, it's what I was taught.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:06 AM

667 posts, read 1,010,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisLilSecret View Post
I said if someone is in physical danger I HAVE and WILL call the police. I will NOT, if it involves property damage.
Would you expect that same treatment from someone who saw your property damaged?

Maybe it is a matter of personal opinion. Although, personally, I feel it's your (and my) responsibility as a citizen of a society to report property crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio