U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 01:04 PM

2,953 posts, read 8,610,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3XVS View Post
I guess I really don't understand why people get so worked up over opinions that differ from their own on this forum. Seriously, it just demonstrates my point that this place has some serious inferiority complex issues, and the residents are quite an insecure lot. Because when it's all said and done, who cares what others think of the city? If you love it, and you are happy here, why do you spend so much energy trying to change the minds of people who clearly do not like it?

Again, if someone is basing comments expressed on an online message board on the quality of life in a place, then they probably weren't serious about moving here in the first place. But, don't think your little resistive diatribes are going to stop me from giving my impressions of this city.
This is coming from the guy that told me to do the Horse I rode in on? and also to TXHWYman? Talk about a Hypocrite! Gee, what's next? You do a Democrublican thing where you try and put O'bush in office?
Bad enough when someone's so opinionated that all they do is bash for no reason except to be bitter, but then to be a hypocrite and contradict their ownself in public!
I guess some of us just aren't as sophisticated and worldly as one with all that class and erudite experience.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:08 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,697,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
This is coming from the guy that told me to do the Horse I rode in on? and also to TXHWYman? Talk about a Hypocrite! Gee, what's next? You do a Democrublican thing where you try and put O'bush in office?
Bad enough when someone's so opinionated that all they do is bash for no reason except to be bitter, but then to be a hypocrite and contradict their ownself in public!
I guess some of us just aren't as sophisticated and worldly as one with all that class and erudite experience.
I concur. He's an amateur, at best.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:27 PM

More of an abecedarian, knows enough to talk about it, act like he's knowlegdable. Verbal showoff.
Can talk the talk, but can't walk the walk, or shall I say, dance to the music.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:43 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,280,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
With a free side of "lead poisoning".
It's a chance Im often willing to take

Old 05-23-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
It's a chance Im often willing to take
Hey, nuttin wrong with that, iffin you know what mite happen, din aint a thang rong wit wut gose on. . Its du peeple dat say, I neva buhleeved dat dey was enny buddy wid gunz er stuff lyke that at dem plazes. I jus don no how da cuuda happend.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:23 PM

3,542 posts, read 7,528,319 times
I don't mean to push the thread further off topic... but a point that constantly gets brought up in many threads is "the only people in SA who like it/defend it are natives." WRONG!

See: Native or transplant?

Keep rationalizing your "superior" feelings

Old 05-23-2009, 04:34 PM

284 posts, read 671,262 times
This is becoming absolutely hilarious, for a variety of reasons.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySA View Post
I don't mean to push the thread further off topic... but a point that constantly gets brought up in many threads is "the only people in SA who like it/defend it are natives." WRONG!

See: Native or transplant?

Keep rationalizing your "superior" feelings
I was born in Houston. But loyalty, faith, or defending, well, I believe it like this:
“The true meaning of America, you ask? It's in a Texas rodeo, in a policeman's badge, in the sound of laughing children, in a political rally, in a newspaper... In all these things, and many more, you'll find America. In all these things, you'll find freedom. And freedom is what America means to the world. And to me.”

So, anyone that is so lazy they sit around and gripe about some other city or place, they are just wasting their time shooting their mouth off. Either do something about it, or shut up. Your whining and griping is like an old bitty cackling in a 1920's backward stereotypical film about a "loose" woman. Even worse really, cause she was just a fictional character, here you're just a hypocrite. All talk no show.

I'm proud to be a Texan, proud to be from Texas. Any person that wants to stand in front of me and tell me different face to face, is more than welcome to get a meeting place.
If I didn't like it here, I wouldn't just sit around all day griping about it on a forum to the rest of the world, I'd get off my A$$ and change the surroundings, either what was bothering me, or my physical location. The ones that just gripe and whine, nah, do nothings and get nothing done.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,063 times
I've had the same experience. People I've met who have lived in active major cities have left, or would prefer to leave but haven't to due to work or family in town, etc...

This is an eating and shopping town, if you aren't entertained by eating and shopping you will run out of things to do fairly quickly. There's nothing wrong with that if it's what you enjoy, but I don't understand why people get so defensive when someone criticizes this city's entertainment. Most of the things I've experienced here have just been lackluster. Maybe Im too critical, maybe they are too easily impressed. Either way this isnt the place for me.

When someone lists off all the fun things to do, take note of how many involved drinking, eating, and/or shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshin View Post
And people, please, stop demeaning others for "daring" to dislike SA. The implication that the critic has shortcomings for not worshiping South Texas, is ludicrous. I TRIED to make it here, and explore (blah, blah, blah), but no success. Plus, every friend I've had, who has moved here from a more culturally developed city, has FLED within a few years.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:30 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,474,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachman_says View Post
I've had the same experience. People I've met who have lived in active major cities have left, or would prefer to leave but haven't to due to work or family in town, etc...[
Oh god, you just registered to post that? Really?

Quote:
This is an eating and shopping town, if you aren't entertained by eating and shopping you will run out of things to do fairly quickly. There's nothing wrong with that if it's what you enjoy, but I don't understand why people get so defensive when someone criticizes this city's entertainment.So we get defensive?
What do you guys with that POV get then? I mean, it seems you (being general) can't go into a thread praising SA or being positive without turning it into a "my opinion matters more and means more than yours" crap thread.

Bottomline, if you want the right to your opinion then guess what, others have a right to their opinions in counter posts. Why you take offense to them is pretty hysterical. It's the dish but can't take syndrome I assume.

Quote:
Most of the things I've experienced here have just been lackluster. Maybe Im too critical, maybe they are too easily impressed. Either way this isnt the place for me.
Just like a parent who whines about what their kids are watching on tv. You have a remote. change the channel or turn it off. We don't need you to randomly come air your grievances.

Quote:
When someone lists off all the fun things to do, take note of how many involved drinking, eating, and/or shopping.
Well, I've seen lists here before and many don't contain those three activities. However, how the hell can Vegas be Vegas without those three things? Unless Vegas "isn't" fun or drinking, eating and shopping just aren't fun in SA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or