Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 02:10 AM

2,027 posts, read 7,001,037 times

Advertisements

I had the same problem back when I was 15. My b-day was in August as well. I never did end up getting a job, but was able to clean houses and mow for money. I also started a small business re-selling on eBay that actually made a lot of money, but back then it was easier. Sometimes you can find a family the needs an "assistant" to help out with odds and ends. There really isn't a major company that hires 16 year olds, though some Sonics will hire 15-year olds (at least they did when I was 15... 3 years ago) to work a couple days out of the week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 05:55 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,395,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Somehow, I'm thinkin' "Havasu Pathfinder" might not be around anymore. This was his/her last post on the forum and was dated 4/3/07.
Wow - I didn't even check that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Dang, what's up with the old thread bumping? Oh well, someone may need a job hanging doorknob flyers from the House of Pizza.
I used to do that for them - pay wasn't bad either! I don't remember exactly how much it was, but for walking around handing out door flyers, it was decent. I was lucky and got the apartment buildings, they're easier! I worked delivery and the kitchen for a while too.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:30 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,946,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Dang, what's up with the old thread bumping?
Last night there was a need for someone to look at old threads about job-hunting instead of interjecting the topic into new threads unrelated to job-hunting. This was a hint.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:40 PM

2,027 posts, read 7,001,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Last night there was a need for someone to look at old threads about job-hunting instead of interjecting the topic into new threads unrelated to job-hunting. This was a hint.
Why did we all decide to respond this time and not last month? I guess it is all in the timing

Old 05-26-2008, 01:32 AM

634 posts, read 2,914,385 times
I know this might sound like a stupid question...

but will any farm owners hire any 15 yr old kids?

Old 06-11-2011, 08:54 AM

1 posts, read 10,413 times
It really sad, but kind of funny at the same time. Kids really do want to earn money, but they start setting limitations as to what they will do to earn it. No Babysitting or lawnwork? REALLY Havasau Pathfinder? Imade fliers for my 12 year old when he wanted to earn some money, and he took them out and distributed them around our neighborhood to do any type of work the neighbors needed...taking out trash, walking/feeding animals, yard work...whatever. He got several calls and they are still calling him to do work for them, because he was determined and he did a great job.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:56 AM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,707,043 times
I think they've figured it out by now. That 15 yr old is now 19 yrs old an probably working or going to college

Old 06-11-2011, 10:37 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,411,033 times
When I worked at McDonald's, they always hired 15 year olds, but they couldn't work in certain positions. When I was 15 and looking for a job, there were only two places I knew of where I could get hired: McDonald's and Factory2U. Maybe you should try other McDonald's locations; many of them are franchises with different owners.

Edit: I didn't realize this thread was 3 years old.

Last edited by L210; 06-11-2011 at 10:47 PM..

Old 06-11-2011, 11:04 PM

944 posts, read 2,031,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenane View Post
Also, lots of places will let him volunteer. I know he won't be making any money but he will learn something and stay physically and/or intellectually challenged throughout the summer. All the animal shelters in town need help.
I know for a fact that if a kid volunteers at the San Antonio Humane Society they have to be accompanied by someone else qualified to volunteer that's over the age of 18 at all times (a parent or some other family member, or a friend). I don't know about other shelters, though.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 9,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havasau Pathfinder View Post
My son is having the most difficult time finding a job for this summer. He turns 16 in Aug, and none of the businesses we have approached (Sea World, Bill Miller, McDonalds, HEB, Sonic, Dominoes, etc) will hire anyone less than 16. Unfortunately, he'll spend June and July as a 15-yr old

He's a very responsible kid...looking to make money to buy a car...

Anyone know of jobs other than the standard "babysitting, lawnmowing stuff"?

Im 15 too and i really cant find a job. this sucks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio