Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 02:08 PM

50 posts, read 90,892 times

Advertisements

All I can say is that all this makes me so happy I went to live with my father when I was younger. He is a great good man who had bad parents who were in San Antonio gangs back in the day. He lived right of ingram. It took him till late 20's to realize how stupid that lifestyle was.

My mother, again with bad parents, did as she was tought and continued with those type of people. If I would of stayed with her, who knows how I would of turned out.

I could not imagine how awful my life would be compared to today if I "knocked" some high school girlfriend up and had to take crap job. I would so hate life.

How are the San Antonio Schools. Sounds like from the paper they have a graduation problem? What about private schools?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarveySanAntonio View Post
How are the San Antonio Schools. Sounds like from the paper they have a graduation problem?
Bexar County has 16 public school districts (http://www.texasteachers.org/san_antonio_map.php - broken link), most of which have some attendance area within the city of San Antonio. That's why it's impossible to generalize about San Antonio public schools. Some districts are better than others.

This forum seems to agree that the 3 best public school districts in the county are Northside, North East and Alamo Heights. Within the first two, there are schools that range in quality from just OK to excellent.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:00 PM

325 posts, read 781,206 times
Quote:
I am so happy I have found this site and that maybe some of you can help me.

I am 24 hispanic male who was born in San Antonio, but moved to Chicago when I was just ten years old to live with my dad. Last month, I moved back to San Antonio because my mother was out of work and not doing so well. I have a great education from Northwestern and I have been blessed with wealth in my life, so It was not a problem to come down.

What Is getting me is how crummy everything seems here in San Antonio. My mother lives off an area where 1604 and 90 meet called Pue Rd. People all seem somewhat depressed and sad. There are children running everywhere with out any supervision. There seems to be teenage mothers everywhere and I can tell they don't go to school. Graffiti is written on my street signs and nobody cares?

What happenend to the good natured San Antonio I remember as a child or has it always been this way?

Quote:
I really can do my job from anywhere and at first, I thought I might take a chance at San Antonio for the long run, but changed my mind when I got here. I am only 24 and have been very blessed in my life and make a great amount of money. My father, who was also born in San Antonio and will never return, works for the NFL and said that many of the people he knows that come here to scout the possiblities of a team down here, are turned off by the atmosphere.

I came with an open mind, but I feel so out of place. I am proud of my hispanic culture, but what I see here, is the worst of it. Like the bad areas in Chicago that give us a bad reputation.

Quote:
So I guess it is like Chicago a little. Like I said, I am pretty well off, and with that I have access to an upper class lifestyle, with people for the most part with the same mind set. If I was poor, as I once was, I would hate Chitown, because all you have is Boring suburbs or living in the run down part of the city.

It is too bad. I would have thought with all the new building going on in SA and the job growth I read in the paper you would see more from this area. Seems like there are signs everywhere for new sub-divisions.
I'm still not clear are you loaded or what???

Old 05-05-2009, 03:04 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DMaxx View Post
I'm still not clear are you loaded or what???
And single???

Old 05-05-2009, 03:07 PM

Single, with a girlfriend of a couple of months.
I would not call me super rich, but I am ok for somebody my age. Luck, hard work and a great father.
I bought a condo in a very nice tower in Chicago without a morgage and don't owe anything on my cars , but I don't own a private plane or anything like that.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:08 PM

325 posts, read 781,206 times
Well you should mention it more, some people might not have caught in your first several posts.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:10 PM

452 posts, read 1,028,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DMaxx View Post
Well you should mention it more, some people might not have caught in your first several posts.
Funny!*lol*

Old 05-05-2009, 03:13 PM

remember though. Wealth and money are not always the same thing.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:20 PM

452 posts, read 1,028,162 times
Quote:
remember though. Wealth and money are not always the same thing.
True, but you're giving the impression that it is.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:22 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,780,329 times
Shock, nice untrue generalization of all women between 21-29 here in SA. Good job,

I have another. All men 21-29 here have super powers and feed through the sun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio