Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 11:12 AM

330 posts, read 587,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Is the hatred of Stone Oak and other areas perceived as "wealthy" really as bad as some posters make it look? There are countless instances I have run across in my limited time (around 1 year) on the forums of people bashing Stone Oak, Alamo Heights, Boerne, etc. There is even someone that rountinely posts on any news stories on local news channel websites dealing with anything bad happening in Stone Oak with "God Hates Stone Oak". Sad to think that there are some that are that narrow minded. I won't get into the larger inner-loop vs. outer-loop battle, but was just honestly curious if this attitude is as common as the posts make it appear.

I live in the Boerne area, and many co-workers live in Stone Oak. I just don't seem to see this extravagant lifestyle imagined by others. Sure there are some areas in Stone Oak that are quite pricey, as there are in Boerne, and other areas of the city, but these in no way constitute the bulk of the population of those areas.
I took it as tongue in cheek, but then I'm a gentrifying inner looper, so my perspective is all kinds of screwy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 11:22 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionallyBlank View Post
I took it as tongue in cheek, but then I'm a gentrifying inner looper, so my perspective is all kinds of screwy.
Understanding it may have been tongue in cheek, similar references are made quite frequently, and made deliberately. I just wonder what perpetuates the attitude.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:23 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
I live in the Boerne area, and many co-workers live in Stone Oak. I just don't seem to see this extravagant lifestyle imagined by others. Sure there are some areas in Stone Oak that are quite pricey, as there are in Boerne, and other areas of the city, but these in no way constitute the bulk of the population of those areas.
well that's just it, all the haters are basing their opinions on rumors or false perceptions. Many don't even really know or have visited the area. Think many of the posters above, myself included, live in the SO area and were just making a joke. For many of us up here the idea that we are all rich (and white) is comical. My street is like the United Nations and I can't even afford the idea of being rich.

It's a wonderful community full of a wide mix of people and incomes...let the haters wallow in their hate. And we'll continue to be pretty darn content.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:31 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,680 times
I got the jokes about the shuttle service etc. Seems some people just come unhinged when certain zip codes are mentioned.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:35 PM

332 posts, read 529,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
Actually it was a serious reply. The SAPD (and Bexar County) has sunk millions of dollars of federal grant money into making their radio system inaccessible to the casual scanner listener. Trunk-tracking scanners don't do so well with their system now (but they use to).

So I guess it's the news or an eyewitness for the information...
too bad theyre incompetent and their channels are still easily accessible

Old 05-24-2012, 12:41 PM

332 posts, read 529,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Nah - we don't like our kids sitting at bus stops. But, we're green-minded - after they drop the kids off, they deliver the dog to the vet for their nail clipping and grooming!
dont forget the french pedicure on your frickin toe nails!!!

every guy LOVES seeing you with talons painted white on your feet!!!

Old 06-01-2012, 07:40 AM

7 posts, read 19,369 times
Default two weeks ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
This was 3 years ago and you remember it?
it was a few weeks ago. we have more than one incident apprently on this thread.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:19 PM

83 posts, read 156,115 times
They've been flying arond stone oak for a while now (tonight) its loud and annoying..I want to go to sleep! What are they looking for now?

Old 06-12-2012, 05:17 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTX1293 View Post
They've been flying arond stone oak for a while now (tonight) its loud and annoying..I want to go to sleep! What are they looking for now?
A criminal threat, be grateful.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:58 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,271,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTX1293 View Post
Not sure if you got a chance to see the helicopter in the datk--if so this may not apply--but it could have been Lifeflight. We used to live right under their flight path to NC Baptist and at times they did night training circling over our house over and over. Frustrating but not scary at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio