U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 01:50 PM

10 posts, read 43,721 times

Advertisements

A while back I had heard rumblings of a Dunkin Donuts going in by the new HEB Plus on 281 and Stone Oak. I haven't seen any signs for it - does anyone know if they are still planning on putting one in there?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 02:24 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,299,084 times
I don't know about specific locations, but I know they are supposed to be expanding. However, they're a chain, so that's a bad thing... I love them, though, and could care less if some uppity food types don't. The only one in SA that I know about is on SW Military just north of 90 by Lackland. It's been here forever, but most people that don't work down there don't know about it.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:40 PM

5,633 posts, read 13,947,008 times
I love Shipley's. The one on Bandera is pretty good, it's just that the outside looks like it's been there for a long time and has seen some wear and tear. Anyways, the Asian couple that runs it are some of the nicest people. There are certain people that enjoy the most simple things of life and these people exemplify it.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:52 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,299,084 times
where's the one on Bandera? I went to the one off Wurzbach just north of 10 and Bandera would obviously be closer. Shipleys is some good donuts too and they also have good kolaches. The Wurzback one has a Chicago Bagel Place next to it and they were pretty authentic. They make the dough and bake the bagels on site, which is something I've been looking for. Too bad they didn't have the corned beef and pastrami in a steamer, then I would have been in heaven. I could just move into that parking lot
BTW, there were three SAPD motorcycle cops going in Shipleys when I was there last week. I found that pretty funny and was going to snap a picture, but didn't feel like paying the price for that..

Old 05-08-2009, 02:52 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,945,922 times
Whomever opens this place will walk into a Goldmine.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:57 PM

50 posts, read 81,391 times
Are there any other D and D's in San Antonio. I know they are tough to come by in the south due to the expense of water. I am missing moring coffee fix.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:14 PM

616 posts, read 1,854,317 times
My favorite is the donut and taco shop on Fredericksburg and Babcock. That place makes a damn good cruller.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:44 PM

14,614 posts, read 31,149,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
where's the one on Bandera? I went to the one off Wurzbach just north of 10 and Bandera would obviously be closer. Shipleys is some good donuts too and they also have good kolaches. The Wurzback one has a Chicago Bagel Place next to it and they were pretty authentic. They make the dough and bake the bagels on site, which is something I've been looking for. Too bad they didn't have the corned beef and pastrami in a steamer, then I would have been in heaven. I could just move into that parking lot
BTW, there were three SAPD motorcycle cops going in Shipleys when I was there last week. I found that pretty funny and was going to snap a picture, but didn't feel like paying the price for that..
It's on Bandera--going towards 410 from Grissom.....up on top of the hill after you pass the PD on the right.....and yeah, they have great kolaches, and I second that they are super-nice people. Plus, when you order a dozen glazed they are usually warm and fresh. They are as good/maybe better than the Original Donut shop on Fred.....

I shoulda been a cop.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:50 PM

6,146 posts, read 8,605,116 times
The Wurzbach Shipley's in where the Spurs stop by to get their doughnuts pre-practice, just FYI for anyone who's out to some Spur spying. I worked at the Shipley's on Wurzbach for a summer in '05 and spotted a few during the off season. It made the summer go by a lot faster!

I myself, have never seen the big deal about Dunkin Doughnuts. It's just another Doughnut place. Get me my jalapeño and cheese kolaches and I'm good to go!

Old 05-08-2009, 03:52 PM

14,614 posts, read 31,149,965 times
It's not the donuts....it's the coffee.

Their donuts give me heartburn in a big ugly way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio