Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 03:51 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,614,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexandCajun View Post
I feel left out. 6 mos. and no flip off's yet.
I've lived here twelve years and have never been flipped off. I've been honked at twice.

I think part of it is I drive a really small car and all the SUV drivers ignore me...if they even see me in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 07:44 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexandCajun View Post
I feel left out. 6 mos. and no flip off's yet.

well youre not as prone to aggressive drivers as i am, It takes me about 30 seconds to a full minute to get to speed limit speeds. Saddly these friggin idiots seem to want to give me a boost, when the left lane is completely open

Old 05-12-2009, 08:09 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,016,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
I've lived here twelve years and have never been flipped off. I've been honked at twice.

I think part of it is I drive a really small car and all the SUV drivers ignore me...if they even see me in the first place.
Well, they only flip you off if you're so-so. They honk if you're hotter than them. It's a San Antonio, insecure thing. ooops thread bleed

Old 05-12-2009, 08:20 PM

13 posts, read 43,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
lol, one time some idiot on stone oak, flipped me off for going slow (uphill) on the right hand lane of 1604 east. I just signaled him to sit on it, and I could of sworn his hand kept getting vanier (as if he was applying more finger pressure) so he focus all the attention on me, and starred at this rear view mirror to see if I had gotten the message. Turns out that his dumbass was about to miss his exit (bitters) and he swerved at the last minute and knocked down the "Exit" sign, you know the one with the arrow. I was laughing it up.
My father had a saying for the nutties who haul ass past you like their butts were on fire. Whenever we saw one he'd chuckle and say "Le dem go, dey have a hot ****." With Trinidadian accent, you just can't help but laugh that one off.
He told me a story about a driver he saw driving so dang fast past him one day. Cussing and honking down the road they went- attitude and everything. A few miles later the same driver had wrecked from speeding. My dad slowed down, pulled up next to him, rolled down the windw and yelled as loud as he could (in his west indian accent) "Eh eh, is right dere yu go'in?" laughed out loud and kept going.

Last edited by Bo; 05-14-2009 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: If you must use those words, let City-Data's banned-word filter do the talking.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:33 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,682,059 times
Quote:

I can only assume that you drive the speed limit, go at green lights, merge into traffic on the highway, slow down when needed... you know, all of those "expected things" keep that up and you can go another 12 years with no middle fingers!

Old 05-12-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Each1Teach1 View Post
My father had a saying for the nutties who haul a@# past you like their butts were on fire. Whenever we saw one he'd chuckle and say "Le dem go, dey have a hot ****." With Trinidadian accent, you just can't help but laugh that one off.
He told me a story about a driver he saw driving so dang fast past him one day. Cussing and honking down the road they went- attitude and everything. A few miles later the same driver had wrecked from speeding. My dad slowed down, pulled up next to him, rolled down the windw and yelled as loud as he could (in his west indian accent) "Eh eh, is right dere yu go'in?" laughed out loud and kept going.
I would at least made shure the driver was OK, then I would pull over to ragg on him LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
I can only assume that you drive the speed limit, go at green lights, merge into traffic on the highway, slow down when needed... you know, all of those "expected things" keep that up and you can go another 12 years with no middle fingers!
who knows, with all those teens who are becoming of driving age, for gods sake, lets hope they practice patience.

Last edited by Bo; 05-14-2009 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: updated quote to match original

Old 05-12-2009, 09:14 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,704,597 times
Quote:
yea, that's what happens when you drive like you're supposed to around here...ya know, like following the speed limit, obeying the law and realizing that cars that drive slow also get to their destination as fast, if not faster, than the guys hauling ass. Ya know, red light karma...and murphy's law do not favor the wild ones on the street.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
yea, that's what happens when you drive like you're supposed to around here...ya know, like following the speed limit, obeying the law and realizing that cars that drive slow also get to their destination as fast, if not faster, than the guys hauling ass. Ya know, red light karma...and murphy's law do not favor the wild ones on the street.

Honestly I'm one of those speeders on the highway, (when driving a personal car) my Max speed limit is 75 on the outskirts of town, and when Im in town I just take it easy, I drive on the defensive though, either I'm ahead of the clusters drivers doing 70 or I'm behind the CD'ers doing 60 as long as I'm safe.

that of course depending on the car I drive, If I'm In my Trans Am I take it easy and drive it slow, so people can turn their heads to admire its beauty

Old 05-12-2009, 09:58 PM

18,122 posts, read 25,262,858 times
I recorded another video but the quality was a little c.....

It was a cop cruising on the left lane on 281 from the Quarry Market all the way to 1604 and doing 80MPH most the time.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:10 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,819,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I recorded another video but the quality was a little c.....

It was a cop cruising on the left lane on 281 from the Quarry Market all the way to 1604 and doing 80MPH most the time.
Stop driving while distracted!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio