Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 10:12 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
FWIW - we bought our gas mower in Dec 2004 and the most we've had to do is change the filter regularly. No other maintenance (and we use pretty old gas too).

Note that the electric are generally more environmentally friendly so I'm not really arguing in favour of the gas mowers, just providing another data point.
Yeah, and to be fair my dad and little brother aren't exactly easy on them either... one time I was over there visiting and my brother came inside complaining about the lawn mower being broken and leaking oil everywhere. I looked around and yeah, there's oil all over the thing coming from the filler tube. I pulled the dipstick and of course, he filled it with oil *all the way* to the top!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 10:29 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,556,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Yeah, and to be fair my dad and little brother aren't exactly easy on them either... one time I was over there visiting and my brother came inside complaining about the lawn mower being broken and leaking oil everywhere. I looked around and yeah, there's oil all over the thing coming from the filler tube. I pulled the dipstick and of course, he filled it with oil *all the way* to the top!
Our main problem was that until recently, one large area was just dirt and weeds. I usually left it alone for awhile, but the weeds did need to be mowed down. The problem was that meant a lot of dirt clogging the filter, so we probably changed our filter more than some might need to.

I do have a small issue with the starter, it seems to be a bit loose so is hard to start, so I always need my husband to do it which is frustrating (my bigger problem is that I'm rather short, and can never get enough leverage/pull to pull the cord all the way).

Old 05-11-2009, 06:36 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniCoop View Post
Last season I picked up a Cub Cadet CC500 Bat which I love. Purchased it from De Winne Equipment on Bandera Road for around $400. Runs easy, not too heavy, quiet, cuts a decent swath, and holds a charge well enough to do my yard twice. Not sure why it isn't on the CPS rebate list.

Previously owned the corded version of the Black and Decker, which fell apart in a season so I decided not to try the cordless.
you have to promise to give me a portion of your rebate for this information...

just call them and ask them to add it to the list. Provide them with the manufacturers information (like the website) and they will most likely add it. This happened to me when I bought a new model front loader washer. They do not update their list very often and often rely on consumers to fill them in. That is what the guy told me before he added mine to the list. They do it instantly too. If you happen to run into a lazy one, just call back and get a new person. I didn't have any problem at all with the washer and e-mailed the persons supervisor to let them know how much I appreciated their fast service.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:15 AM

213 posts, read 568,177 times
okay what is CPS rebate thing?

Old 05-13-2009, 09:51 AM

278 posts, read 693,458 times
any recommendation other than a gas-powered Honda lawn mower is a serious mistake.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:17 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rtigo View Post
any recommendation other than a gas-powered Honda lawn mower is a serious mistake.
So the success that so many of us have had with something else has been a mistake? So many well-cut lawns, against all odds.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:46 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,556,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsawomanthing View Post
okay what is CPS rebate thing?
CPS offers rebates for the purchase of certain energy efficient equipment. This includes lawnmowers but also refrigerators, washers/dryers, at one time light bulbs, etc. Check their website for details. When I bought my washer in 2002 I got a $200 rebate ($100 each from SAWS and CPS). Not bad.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:03 PM

278 posts, read 693,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
So the success that so many of us have had with something else has been a mistake? So many well-cut lawns, against all odds.
temporary success...

Old 05-14-2009, 06:23 AM

213 posts, read 568,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
CPS offers rebates for the purchase of certain energy efficient equipment. This includes lawnmowers but also refrigerators, washers/dryers, at one time light bulbs, etc. Check their website for details. When I bought my washer in 2002 I got a $200 rebate ($100 each from SAWS and CPS). Not bad.
Thank you for letting me know, I am in the market for a new lawn mower and this is good to know. Wish I would have known about the coupons for light bulbs when I moved into this house, as I replaced all of mine with energy savers and spent a pretty penny.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,540 times
I have to bue this CMM1200 cordless lawn mower, from where I can buy it & what is the procedure to buy it as I am in Bangladesh(SoutheastAsia). Please help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio