Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:23 AM

993 posts, read 2,490,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccastyle2010 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a website that can tell me what to expect in this area during rush hour? I have been getting stuck in this mess for 30+ minutes every day around 5:30. A website indicating when construction will be going on would be helpful to allow people to avoid the area...

Thanks
I would suggest calling the Culver's restaurant and they could look out the window and tell you current conditions of the cluster over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 03:08 PM

30 posts, read 90,281 times
How is babcock going towards dezavala. I know some lanes are closed. Does it back up during rush hour?

Old 11-02-2010, 10:18 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,500,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misch View Post
How is babcock going towards dezavala. I know some lanes are closed. Does it back up during rush hour?

Ohhhh yeah!

Old 11-03-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misch View Post
Now I only know around 4:30pm-5pm, but Babcock north of Prue is fine, but the intersection of Babcock and Prue is a big a$$ mess. Backs up in every direction near that intersection. They have orange cones over there, but I don't know what for. Are they widening over there?

That is my second option to get home, but it backs up on Prue back to Woodridge Forest. UGH.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:24 PM

9,850 posts, read 13,693,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newk View Post
Now I only know around 4:30pm-5pm, but Babcock north of Prue is fine, but the intersection of Babcock and Prue is a big a$$ mess. Backs up in every direction near that intersection. They have orange cones over there, but I don't know what for. Are they widening over there?

That is my second option to get home, but it backs up on Prue back to Woodridge Forest. UGH.

I drove home early today (around 3:30). De Zavala at the westbound access road was already starting to backup.

That being said, I swore after my drive home yesterday that started at 5:45 at McCullough and 410 and ended at home via Prue and Babcock at 6:30 that I would never take Prue again because it was backed up all the way to Laurete (where Prue ends up near West telemarketing).

Family members suggested that people are taking Prue now because Babcock is down to one lane between Huebner and Prue and that people use that as an alternate. Geez. I don't know which is worse of all of them!

Old 11-03-2010, 03:51 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,500,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
I drove home early today (around 3:30). De Zavala at the westbound access road was already starting to backup.

That being said, I swore after my drive home yesterday that started at 5:45 at McCullough and 410 and ended at home via Prue and Babcock at 6:30 that I would never take Prue again because it was backed up all the way to Laurete (where Prue ends up near West telemarketing).

Family members suggested that people are taking Prue now because Babcock is down to one lane between Huebner and Prue and that people use that as an alternate. Geez. I don't know which is worse of all of them!

Wow...I was just sitting here remembering wayyyy back when I was a kid. My childhood home is on Prue and is currently for sale....but I vividly recall that you could hear someone slowing down on Fredricksburg road to turn onto Prue...and that was right at a mile away! You could hear them coming down the road, and everyone would look out the window to see who it was...lol. Chances are, you knew who it was and waved as they blew the horn to say howdy. About once every month or so, the Bexar county Sheriff would pull in to see how everyone was doing, and to have a cup of coffee. The main reason I don't buy the house from my siblings for myself, is I have to sit in the driveway for several minutes when leaving, just to wait for enough room between cars to pull out safely.....what a shame. Progress?

Old 11-04-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
That is definitely interesting. I think it is really great that we go back and forth and give each other tips. Seems that the later after 4pm, the worse De Zavala and Prue is. I have been testing out times, and getting to work earlier. I just don't want to deal with all this traffic in the afternoon.

Please continue to give your tips, on commuting. Thanks

Old 11-04-2010, 01:59 PM

9,850 posts, read 13,693,812 times
Quote:
I have been testing out times, and getting to work earlier. I just don't want to deal with all this traffic in the afternoon.
Getting to work doesn't seem to be the problem for me. I leave the driveway at about 8:21 and get to Perrin Beitel at about 8:45. It's just crazy that getting home is such a mess!

We'll just have to tough out the traffic. It'll ne a pain, but if the whoel city could deal with 410 construction we can get thorough this!

Old 11-04-2010, 03:52 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,329,231 times
Living off Prue, my daughter's friends used to say we lived in the country. Foxes and coyotes strolled down the street. I remember a loose cow or two strolling down DeZavala. Remember the cows on the corner of Vance Jackson and Huebner?

Now it's pure suburbs.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:20 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,177,710 times
Quote:
Not widening. It's a reconstruction of the existing street along with new SAWS water lines. Estimated completion is November of next year:

Quote:
Project Status: UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Consultant: Camacho-Hernandez & Associates, LLC
Contractor: E-Z Bel Construction
Estimated Project Advertisement: 03/2010
Estimated Construction Start: 08/2010
Estimated Construction Completion: 11/2011

Project Scope:
Babcock Rd (Prue Rd to Hollyhock) Reconstruct street with sidewalks, drainage, driveway approaches and necessary traffic signal modifications.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio