U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:20 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,472,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan View Post
Let's be honest, if you went into most every city's forum on CD with this type of thread, you would probably get the same reaction.
No way. They're not as provincial as us. They'd rep you for airing your petty problems while simultaneously basing their city as well as claiming false claims as truth. I bet by the end of the thread the thread starter would have nearly 100 reps.

Quote:
It gets annoying when every other thread is about how much a particular person dislikes SA. It's not the best place in the world and it's not for everyone. But some people make SA sound like hell itself.
Because they're so bitter and angry with themselves it seems that well, misery LOOOVES company.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:21 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,317,749 times
I really enjoy the riverwalk at Christmas time. It is beautiful with the lights. Need to post some pics.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:21 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,099,756 times
2DMAXX

Are you familiar with BiKeMoJo's RasPa?

I used to be more active on that forum when I mountain biked more, but grad school, work and family have cut back on my riding considerably. Once that first one is done this summer, I hope to get back on the pedals...especially since I live within 5 miles of Govt Canyon!

Cheers! M2

Old 05-12-2009, 09:44 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,273,274 times
Mmmmm raspas....

Old 05-12-2009, 09:54 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,076,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan View Post
Let's be honest, if you went into most every city's forum on CD with this type of thread, you would probably get the same reaction. It gets annoying when every other thread is about how much a particular person dislikes SA. It's not the best place in the world and it's not for everyone. But some people make SA sound like hell itself.

Woo...hold on just a cow-tipping second. It's 100 degrees outside and you're now telling me I'm NOT in hell?!? Damn Mapquest. Knew I should have taken a left at that last intersection...

Old 05-12-2009, 11:10 PM

898 posts, read 2,272,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
Woo...hold on just a cow-tipping second. It's 100 degrees outside and you're now telling me I'm NOT in hell?!? Damn Mapquest. Knew I should have taken a left at that last intersection...
Just to be fair, it cools down to about 95 at night.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:56 AM

2,330 posts, read 6,256,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarveySanAntonio View Post
I know this is all you can write, but that is not the point of what kind of response I want.

I am not a angry, rude, classless man. I have never felt this way about anyother place and I have been all over. I have friends who live all around the world and Major cities in the US. (except for the highways of L.A.). And you really don't know me.

All I can say this is how I feel everyday here. I wish It was not the way, but it is.

Trust me.. I am not a hater... but your posts do not make sense to me.. I am trying to figure out where you are coming from and why you are feeling the way you are feeling..

To me it seems you are trying to induce a riot by claiming something is not right here.. but you are not saying what is not right..

Give us a little more insight into what you mean and I can probably be on your train... or choose not to be on your train..

Old 05-13-2009, 02:04 AM

2,330 posts, read 6,256,884 times
Quote:
I wish you were correct, but you are not. Have you seen the paper as of late? The quoted that San Antonio only has a 50% graduation rate in high school and their teen preg rate is the highest in the country?
Really.. I do not want to rain on your parade.. but.. this is not just a local problem.. this is a national problem..

Believe you me.. I am not a BIG SA fan.. but you gotta put it in perspective.. San Antonio is no worse off then your other big cities.. are you really going to tell me that San Antonio is the worst? and that you didnt see that in Chicago? or in New York? If you can sit there and tell me that.. then you probably had your eyes shut the whole time you were living in those cities...

Those things there are things that are about our youth right now and that is not just in this city...

Old 05-13-2009, 05:23 AM

50 posts, read 81,364 times
One of the things I like about San Antonio is the heat. The hotter the better.

I guess it all comes down the the majority of the people I have seen in the city. The way the drive. The huge amounts of fast food places and chain's. Sure, it is not 100% that way, but I can stil not like it. and I am sure some people are not this way, but from what I see, read, watch...it seems the maj.

People can say about he negitives: It happens everywhere. San Antonio has culture, just drive 45 min away. It is better than half the crap towns I have lived in.
Say whatever you want to make yourself feel better...or if you think that way for real..good for you.

Me, I am someone that is through the looking glass.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:28 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,099,756 times
Quote:
One of the things I like about San Antonio is the heat. The hotter the better.

I guess it all comes down the the majority of the people I have seen in the city. The way the drive. The huge amounts of fast food places and chain's. Sure, it is not 100% that way, but I can stil not like it. and I am sure some people are not this way, but from what I see, read, watch...it seems the maj.

People can say about he negitives: It happens everywhere. San Antonio has culture, just drive 45 min away. It is better than half the crap towns I have lived in.
Say whatever you want to make yourself feel better...or if you think that way for real..good for you.

Me, I am someone that is through the looking glass.
See? That is the kind of stuff The Man in SATX was talking about!

From what it sounds, you've been standing out in the sun too long.

And where is this 45 minute drive to that has the so-called culture that SA lacks? Don't be so cryptic, if you found some cultural paradise that is less than an hour away, please share; but if you are going to say Austin, then be prepared to get laughed out of the room!

However, if you do say Austin, then that clarifies why you don't like it here. If that is the case, then you really need to pack your bags and move to LA, which is like Austin, but with smog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio