Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 05:32 AM

50 posts, read 90,834 times

Advertisements

I do not see what moving or not moving has to do with this?

I find it funny how insecure San Antonio people are about their city. Explains all the huge trucks, tattos, nail salons, Gangsta-uped cars. Maybe trying to over compensate for a couple of things?????

Old 05-13-2009, 05:33 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,016,965 times
Instead of trying to change 50 minds, why don't you take all your wealth, pack Mama up, move to your Utopia, and try to change HER, not US? 1 vs 50--easy. Put her in some kind of rehab where she can recover from her gangsta/ghetto ways....I'm sure one exists SOMEWHERE. I'm thinking SoCal, where the hot GF can roller skate along the promenade and NO ONE will give her a dirty look. She may even get a movie deal.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Instead of trying to change 50 minds, why don't you take all your wealth, pack Mama up, move to your Utopia, and try to change HER, not US? 1 vs 50--easy. Put her in some kind of rehab where she can recover from her gangsta/ghetto ways....I'm sure one exists SOMEWHERE. I'm thinking SoCal, where the hot GF can roller skate along the promenade and NO ONE will give her a dirty look. She may even get a movie deal.
And this has to do with San Antonio how?

Old 05-13-2009, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarveySanAntonio View Post
And this has to do with San Antonio how?
Oh, yeah, mine is the first off-topic post in the entire thread.

You just like to complain.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:48 AM

107 posts, read 238,787 times
Today I had even more graffiti on the back of the my office building. I hate this city and am getting out the first chance I get.

Feels good to hear from people who feel the same way.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:49 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,551,751 times
I too dislike chain restaurants.

So you know what? I don't go to them. Instead, a patronize the locally owned restaurants, which are far better anyway. I wish there were more, but the ones we do have are excellent and one can only eat so much anyway.

It's not that hard to avoid the chain restaurants. In fact, of the 10 or so restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk of my house, none are chains. Not even a Starbucks.

I do however, hate the billboards which ARE hard to avoid, but that's not a unique problem for San Antonio.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:50 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,551,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMP View Post
Today I had even more graffiti on the back of the my office building. I hate this city and am getting out the first chance I get.
Is there really a city in the US where there's no graffiti at all? Tell us where it is!

Old 05-13-2009, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Oh, yeah, mine is the first off-topic post in the entire thread.

You just like to complain.
Sounds like I might of struck a cord in you and you have to put of a defense mechanisim to make yours feel better.

I am confused? How does my dislike for the city make your experience bad or have anything to do with you?

I do hope that people who do read this thread and are like minded read this tread and it helps them not come here. There are certain things that should come with a city that is 7th largest in the US.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:59 AM

107 posts, read 238,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Is there really a city in the US where there's no graffiti at all? Tell us where it is!
Not in the burbs where my office is. Plus, most major cities has addressed this and almost put an end to this problem.

My problem is it seems to be accepted to the majority of people. I have become close to two Officers of the law here in the last month and they told me that some parents will buy their kids spray paint. Not gang kids or anything. Just loser parents in the suburbs who grew up tagging and think it is something they teach their kids.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarveySanAntonio View Post
Sounds like I might of struck a cord in you and you have to put of a defense mechanisim to make yours feel better.

I am confused? How does my dislike for the city make your experience bad or have anything to do with you?

I do hope that people who do read this thread and are like minded read this tread and it helps them not come here. There are certain things that should come with a city that is 7th largest in the US.
Yes, you may "have" struck a "chord" and I want to make my defense mechanism feel better. I already said there are plenty of things I hate about San Antonio, but I choose to keep them to myself and find the positive, wonderful things about San Antonio. The good outnumbers the bad, by far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio