Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 06:33 PM

13 posts, read 80,577 times

Advertisements

Just to let everybody know who help me. My son is now 15 and he is a wonderful young men. He straigh up and he is doing really good a school. What I learn? We need to be responsible for our own kids. Nobody else's can do our job. It took me a little bit time to make everything work but it was worth it. Thanks everybody for you help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 11:30 AM

409 posts, read 1,033,545 times
Reasoning with them??? Talking with them??? Ha Ha...Yep...I remember when the "belt" was the law of the land growing up. Some ppl frown on that but others don't. There was no such thing as boot camp for teens. I went through the same thing with mine even taking them to juvenile counseling. If nothing works then I'm sorry to say, let them suffer the consequences for their own actions. The bad thing about that is that YOU have to pay the fine. A few days in the monkeyhouse (jail) can do wonders and worked for me.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:20 AM

1 posts, read 939 times
I'm really not to physical abuse. It really gives more aggression to the child. It is really true, sometimes you'll just cry for it and blame yourself if you're a good parent.

I myself ask that question and I really feel depress and loosing hope on getting my daughter in having a good behavior. I've seek for parenting advice coming from counselors and some parents.

I'm proud to say that I raised my daughter to be on what is she right now. A good and responsible daughter.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:17 PM

299 posts, read 607,760 times
kid doesn't need a boot camp. he needs an ass whipping and positive reinforcement.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:57 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,585,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merc11ty View Post
kid doesn't need a boot camp. he needs an ass whipping and positive reinforcement.

I do not see how ass whipping and positive reinforcement can be used in the same sentence.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:12 PM

73 posts, read 152,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizeida View Post
Just to let everybody know who help me. My son is now 15 and he is a wonderful young men. He straigh up and he is doing really good a school. What I learn? We need to be responsible for our own kids. Nobody else's can do our job. It took me a little bit time to make everything work but it was worth it. Thanks everybody for you help.
I am happy to hear everything worked out for you and your son. You said it very well in the above bold text.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:44 AM

299 posts, read 607,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSAT View Post
I do not see how ass whipping and positive reinforcement can be used in the same sentence.
really? it's the same method my father used, and actually the same method the military uses. Tear you down, restructure, motivate.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:08 PM

2 posts, read 1,418 times
Default helpme

want to know if there are any places to send a troubed teen here in seguin or surrounding areas

Old 05-29-2013, 03:17 PM

2 posts, read 1,418 times
hi im new to this i have the same problem..my teen is having trouble dont know what to do,,,,

Old 05-30-2013, 12:40 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Back in the day (our youngest is 24 yrs old now) there use to be a program thru the Bexar County Juvi where you could sign your kid up to do a "day tour" of the Dominguez Detention Facility just off of 90 and 1604...not sure it still exists, and our kids never used it...but from what I heard back when we had friends with same age kids...VERY affective. Think it was called the "scared straight" program. Seems lots in prison don't mine helping trying to set others on the right path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio