Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 10:08 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times

Advertisements

Am I the only one that didn't know that you must now request the TV NOW book be included in your Sunday paper??? The only way I found out is I had to call this morning for a missed paper and the automated recording tells you when you call. You have to go to mysa.com, key word TV NOW and request it be added to your current subscription. It's currently at no extra charge and there is a dead line but don't remember when it was.

Hope this helps someone like me that didn't know. Thats the only reason i get the Sunday paper delivered. Well, that and the adds and coupons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 11:21 AM

4,323 posts, read 7,230,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Am I the only one that didn't know that you must now request the TV NOW book be included in your Sunday paper??? The only way I found out is I had to call this morning for a missed paper and the automated recording tells you when you call. You have to go to mysa.com, key word TV NOW and request it be added to your current subscription. It's currently at no extra charge and there is a dead line but don't remember when it was.

Hope this helps someone like me that didn't know. Thats the only reason i get the Sunday paper delivered. Well, that and the adds and coupons.
I'm a Sunday-only subscriber, and I hadn't heard about this either. So I looked into it, and you have until June 28 to notify them that you want to continue to receive the TV Now supplement at no extra charge with your Sunday subscription, effective July 5.

With the on-screen TV listings and program guides that are included with most pay-TV services, the Express is probably hoping to reduce expenses by eliminating that section of the paper for those who don't really have a need for it.

What's going to be interesting is how the delivery people ensure those subscribers who choose to continue with the TV Now supplement actually receive a paper with the TV now included. Maybe they have a foolproof plan ready to be implemented, but somehow I see the potential for chaos come July 5.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:36 AM

905 posts, read 2,958,824 times
I didn't know this, either. I use the online video guides or the one on the TV, so I never look at the TV Now any more. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
I'm a Sunday-only subscriber, and I hadn't heard about this either. So I looked into it, and you have until June 28 to notify them that you want to continue to receive the TV Now supplement at no extra charge with your Sunday subscription, effective July 5.

With the on-screen TV listings and program guides that are included with most pay-TV services, the Express is probably hoping to reduce expenses by eliminating that section of the paper for those who don't really have a need for it.

What's going to be interesting is how the delivery people ensure those subscribers who choose to continue with the TV Now supplement actually receive a paper with the TV now included. Maybe they have a foolproof plan ready to be implemented, but somehow I see the potential for chaos come July 5.
That will be interesting. I guess they will be bringing me my copy every week because it wasn't in my paper!! Without the tv book, I don't need their papaer.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:02 PM

4,323 posts, read 7,230,918 times
I see there is a form included in today's TV Now that people without internet access can fill out and send in. You can also call them and tell them you want to continue receiving it.

On a side note, it looks like they recently stopped stapling the pages of the TV Now section. Anything to reduce expenses, I guess.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:49 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,435 times
I understand the need to cut expenses, but there is nothing left of that paper anymore. Some of the daily issues are a joke...with each section being just a page or two. I enjoy reading the paper, but cancelled the subscription months ago due to increasing rates and decreasing news. How sad will it be when major cities don't even have a daily paper anymore.

Old 05-17-2009, 02:49 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,385,160 times
I actually like the idea because I never read the thing. Which leads to the obvious question of does anybody actually read it?

Old 05-17-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I actually like the idea because I never read the thing. Which leads to the obvious question of does anybody actually read it?
Why in heavens name are you posting on here??? Your on vacation!!! Go have fun!!!!

Old 05-17-2009, 03:28 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,615,326 times
Clearly he misses us. Can you blame him?!

Old 05-17-2009, 03:48 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,385,160 times
actually, it's almost midnight and there's a screaming baby in the next room. This makes two nights in a row she has become extremely difficult at night for some reason. She's a very good baby, so it's not normal, but probably has something to do with the crazy schedule we have been on. Besides, it's Sunday night and everything was closed by 8:00 PM, which sucked for me when I was at the Swatch store on the Champs at about 8:30 luckily I got one earlier in the day at the Louvre store. another good thing about this city, 9 Swatch stores
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: