Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:34 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,537,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
Any bet as to how quickly the gangster will shoot out the "Art Fish" hanging under the over pass(or steal them). I have a bad feeling this new museum reach will be a haven for graffitti. The area between the AT&T buildings and the Pearl Brewery is still very desolate. SAPD better set up a permanent camp down there unless they want the local gangsters to add their own "art Projects" to the riverwalk.

There is a lot of public art downtown which has not been marred by graffiti, even some in "less desirable" places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 11:34 AM

2,260 posts, read 5,605,475 times
So we drove to SAMA and explored the new museum reach portion of the River Walk yesterday. Here are my discoveries:

A: River taxi plus no shade = hotter 'n all get out
B: The oldest VFW hall in Texas is BEAUTIFUL
C: The art under the bridges must be better at night
D: The lock and dam is so cool and now I get what all the fuss was about in HS history when we studied the Panama Canal
E: The fact that you have to pay OUTSIDE the museum to merely walk beside their building and back to the street is completely asinine

We'll be going back at night, in November.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,038,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
E: The fact that you have to pay OUTSIDE the museum to merely walk beside their building and back to the street is completely asinine

Next time, consider starting from the Pearl. The parking is free, convenient and abundant.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Next time, consider starting from the Pearl. The parking is free, convenient and abundant.
Dude. NOW you tell me. The parking at the museum is free too. But apparently it costs eight clams to walk down the alley beside the museum.

Thanks for the tip!

Old 07-16-2009, 11:47 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,687,018 times
I have to agree with you on the shade issue. I am just sure why they did not plant more hardwood trees along the shore. The massive cypress trees are what give the riverwalk so much character not to mention provide a place to hang Christmas lights during the holidays.
The section looks great for the most park, but there are many bare areas with no trees or they just planted date palms which will never give any shade. I am hoping some organization public or private will recognize this and start planting more trees.

Quote:
So we drove to SAMA and explored the new museum reach portion of the River Walk yesterday. Here are my discoveries:

A: River taxi plus no shade = hotter 'n all get out
B: The oldest VFW hall in Texas is BEAUTIFUL
C: The art under the bridges must be better at night
D: The lock and dam is so cool and now I get what all the fuss was about in HS history when we studied the Panama Canal

Old 07-16-2009, 11:48 AM

14,637 posts, read 34,966,954 times
Quote:
Dude. NOW you tell me. The parking at the museum is free too. But apparently it costs eight clams to walk down the alley beside the museum.

Thanks for the tip!
There are even port-o-potties under the bridge if you have to tee tee. Not that ANYONE on this forum would use one. LOL

Old 07-16-2009, 11:49 AM

The river taxi we were on did have umbrellas (red!) but they didn't help a ton.

I agree that more trees are necessary, especially for hanging lights at Christmas!

Old 07-16-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
There are even port-o-potties under the bridge if you have to tee tee. Not that ANYONE on this forum would use one. LOL
Oh, babe. I am an avid Fiesta-er. I have used portapotties all over our fine metropolis.

Portapotty technology has come A LONG WAY in the past ten years. Ventilation is a key feature nowadays and it makes all the difference. Just take your own TP and hand sanitizer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio