U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 04:07 PM

5,615 posts, read 12,791,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
True, but this is the south, doesn't everyone like sweet tea with lemon?
Canada is like that too (sans lemon).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 04:33 PM

674 posts, read 1,616,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Canada is like that too (sans lemon).
Ha! Canada doesn't know what real iced tea is -- even at the fanciest restaurants, they serve Nestea! And yes, it is sweetened. LOL! And on top of that, they rarely put ice in your soda.

I have a question: is the water here flouridated? DH was asking, but I told him if he drinks the water from our fiter on the sink he's not getting flouride even if it is in the water. I don't mind the taste. And yeah, I hated the CA water as well. CO had tasty water, though.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:30 PM

119 posts, read 396,093 times
If you want tea go to Bill Miller's or Las Palapas.

About the drinking water H.E.B. has a place where you can refill empty bottles with filtered water. It is pure, good-tasting water.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:34 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,274,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche111e View Post

I have a question: is the water here flouridated? DH was asking, but I told him if he drinks the water from our fiter on the sink he's not getting flouride even if it is in the water.
According to the SAWS website they added fluoride in 2002.
SAWS Fluoride Facts

Old 05-19-2009, 11:57 PM

60 posts, read 125,948 times
I was born and raised here and I have always drank tap water. I think it tastes great compared to many other cities. There are people I know who only drink bottle water but I find it funny that it tastes almost exactly like SAWS water.

Anyway, the water is good, I never get sick so maybe there is a correlation. Not sure what everyone is talking about having bad water. Sure the calcium leaves a film if you fill a cup enough times and drink from it (like 15-20 times) but it is nothing to worry about. I have never ever seen any film from one wash cycle in the dishwasher.

Last edited by alexmm; 05-20-2009 at 12:11 AM..

Old 05-20-2009, 04:18 AM

114,159 posts, read 54,004,420 times
We have great drinking water! We just need to undo the Fluoride thing. Unfortunately the Fluoride industry found out in SA you just run something past voters enough times they'll pass it!! Now we are all being poisoned with fluoride in our water. If you need or want fluoride for you or your child's teeth get it from the dentist!! Why should we all be forced to drink unknown amounts of a known poison??? There has to be big profits in this fluoride for someone. It's been rammed down our throats long enough. This is just one of many fixes which need to be forced on our water companies!!

Old 05-20-2009, 04:38 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,291,155 times
or SA just finally joined the rest of the world in placing a known benefit in the drinking water.. anyhow, this water is beyond disgusting and nothing like you find in Michigan and Wyoming (my two favorites), so a water filter is mandatory. However, it gets worse if you go to San Angelo. That stuff can't be safe.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:59 AM

674 posts, read 1,616,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
We have great drinking water! We just need to undo the Fluoride thing. Unfortunately the Fluoride industry found out in SA you just run something past voters enough times they'll pass it!! Now we are all being poisoned with fluoride in our water. If you need or want fluoride for you or your child's teeth get it from the dentist!! Why should we all be forced to drink unknown amounts of a known poison??? There has to be big profits in this fluoride for someone. It's been rammed down our throats long enough. This is just one of many fixes which need to be forced on our water companies!!
Reverse osmosis filters will remove the fluoride. That way people who want it can have it, and you won't have to!

Old 05-20-2009, 06:44 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,308,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
I just put the vinegar in the little holder for jet dry. I suppose I could toss more in during the rinse cycle, but I'm usually not paying attention.
I filled up the rinse aid on my dishwasher with vinegar last night. Haven't done a load of dishes yet but we will see how it works.
If nothing else, it will keep my dishwasher and drain line nice and clean. Thanks for the tip!!

Old 05-20-2009, 06:54 AM

3,770 posts, read 7,274,789 times
For some people based on genetics and body chemistry, fluoride in the water is not a good thing depending on how much they drink and how often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio