U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 03:20 PM

13,579 posts, read 21,112,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I guess I have to do sapph's job again..

LMAO! Yes, I don't know why C-D doesn't offer that one as a regular smiley. It's just a PITA cuz I have to log into photobucket and grab it....is there an easier way?

I gave myself a haircut at around the same age.....now that I think about it. I guess we were too poor to afford the Barbie Hair Stylist set, so I made my own. Only, mine didn't grow back out when I pulled on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 03:41 PM

13,805 posts, read 18,251,361 times
ummm, google this thread is worthless without pictures or TTIWWOP maybe?
there are some interesting alternatives in the images section too..

Old 05-25-2009, 04:43 PM

13,579 posts, read 21,112,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
ummm, google this thread is worthless without pictures or TTIWWOP maybe?
there are some interesting alternatives in the images section too..
Well, what I mean is, I have it saved in my pb.....but I have to log in over there and go pick it up and THEN post it here.....

I'm afraid to google it.....

Any updates on the baby's hair?

Old 05-25-2009, 05:10 PM

2,395 posts, read 4,315,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
(Add sobbing here) Within literally 12 seconds that my back was turned, my wonderful, wonderful, wonderful (said with extreme sarcasm) 5 year old just gave her younger sister a haircut. My beautiful baby now has a mullet and bald spots on the top of her head.

Anyone know of a great kids stylist / salon on the far north side / Stone Oak area?? I normally cut my own kids' hair, but this is beyond me. I don't even know where to start in fixing this.

(Okay...breath in, breath out. It will grow back. Just relax. Do not strangle 5-year-old child. Do not strangle 5-year-old child. Research boarding schools -- yes!! Strangulation -- no.)
Relax, breathe in and out...my daughter's cousin did a similar deed years ago. Try Victoria at Great Clips Brook Hollow...she can work miracles!!

Old 05-26-2009, 12:46 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,322,722 times
Default Update

Thanks for the comments everyone -- I took the plunge and gave her a short, cropped haircut last night so at least it's a bit more even. Thankfully her hair is quite curly -- particularly in this humid air -- and is hiding the bald spots.

Older child came clean late last night and said she cut her sister's hair because she didn't want it to be long like hers. Typical sibling rivalry at its best.

I did take pics to mail to grandma and recall the "humor" in all this in years to come. Mostly adding this to a long list of reasons I can and will make my 5-year-old's life a living nightmare when she's a teenager. "Oh, so you want to stay out an hour past curfew? The answer would be NO! And let me show you why -- Exhibit A: A photo of the famous haircut incident of 2009... Exhibit B...a photo of the cat after you colored her with magic markers...Exhibit C..."

Old 05-26-2009, 01:05 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,668,990 times
I have been down this road twice (I have three girls). First time, my oldest (then 5, must be the age?) cut my 3 year olds hair and then her own. The second time, my 3 year old (then 4) did it to herself. It will grow out! When I went in to "fix" the haircut, the stylist told me it was the 2nd child that week. You are not alone! We have picture proof also to use as blackmail down the road. Can't put a price on that!

My oldest has curly hair also and it does help. My middle child, not so much. She walked around with a terrible hackjob-even with a professionals help-for months.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:13 PM

2,261 posts, read 3,256,360 times
I always say, "Curly hair covers a multitude of sins!"

Old 05-26-2009, 02:42 PM

322 posts, read 483,909 times
sounds like a good excuse to buy her a cute hat!

Old 05-26-2009, 03:49 PM

5,701 posts, read 8,511,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
Thanks for the comments everyone -- I took the plunge and gave her a short, cropped haircut last night so at least it's a bit more even. Thankfully her hair is quite curly -- particularly in this humid air -- and is hiding the bald spots.

Older child came clean late last night and said she cut her sister's hair because she didn't want it to be long like hers. Typical sibling rivalry at its best.

I did take pics to mail to grandma and recall the "humor" in all this in years to come. Mostly adding this to a long list of reasons I can and will make my 5-year-old's life a living nightmare when she's a teenager. "Oh, so you want to stay out an hour past curfew? The answer would be NO! And let me show you why -- Exhibit A: A photo of the famous haircut incident of 2009... Exhibit B...a photo of the cat after you colored her with magic markers...Exhibit C..."
Not to mention that fact you can PRAY that she has little ones that think JUST like she did when she becomes a mommy!!! You did good mom, KNOW she pushed your buttons yesterday!

Old 05-26-2009, 06:46 PM

3,347 posts, read 9,813,610 times
The differance between a good haircut and a bad haircut is 3 weeks. they are kids, let it grow and enjoy the humor of it in time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio