U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 03:05 AM

214 posts, read 307,341 times
If I ever see a punk tagging my neighborhood I'm going to find out whether early age smoking and baggy clothes makes you able to run very well. I can do five miles, fast - good luck freaks. Art my ass. They should have been the kind of artists who paint cars or something. Let me catch them...

I saw some of their trash when I was up at the river house last week. That place has been in my family for generations. Boy was I seeing red.

Last edited by Reallybigshoe; 05-31-2009 at 03:19 AM.. Reason: Took out some nastiness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
I grew up tagging from 18 to 24 years old, mostly artistic murals. I actually don't mind some graffiti (the artistic kind) , it gives the neighborhood some character...lol
This thread has me fired up! I didn't realize what a nerve this has been hitting with me, but when I saw the pictures of the river defacement it all came back to me. I hate that trash SO MUCH.

What kind of ignorant, fatherless, despicable, walking need-be abortion of an slime ball would take something that someone has worked hard for and put cheap trash paint on it and ruin it, then act like they have done something worthwhile and artistic? That line of thinking is a wicked, sinful thing. You are reveling in the destruction of other people's labor. You are enjoying the suffering of others.

You take $2.00 worth of paint and mess up what someone spent weeks or months earning. Or even better, you tag natural beauty - something that has been untouched for generations that is appreciated by the multitudes and because you want to be a part of a group of hundreds of thousands of losers all doing the same thing to pretend they are different, you stain it with your no-talent scribblings.

Last edited by Reallybigshoe; 05-31-2009 at 03:19 AM.. Reason: Took out some nasty language

Old 05-31-2009, 07:46 PM

Okay, last night I was super fired up about this. This particular issue gets me very angry! I would never actually hurt anyone over this - but I would certainly call the police. It makes me anguished that our river place was messed up by a bunch of misguided kids.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:36 PM

322 posts, read 475,148 times
This is going to happen along the new part of the river VERY quickly too. That area that I call the "petrified dog turds" on the west side of the new area... the little cave area. Taggers are going to color that thing silly as soon as the excitement dies down I hope they put up some cameras so they can catch those little b@st@rds when it happens!!

Old 06-01-2009, 07:28 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,108,598 times
I walked the new portion of the river walk on Saturday and had the same thought. How long before the taggers ruin it. It gave me an idea for a new art project. We could erect a big wall and then get one of those giant circus cannons. Since taggers like to leave their "mark" on everything we could load them into the cannon, fire them at the wall and see what kind of mark they leave.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:40 AM

1,087 posts, read 1,895,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reallybigshoe View Post
This thread has me fired up! I didn't realize what a nerve this has been hitting with me, but when I saw the pictures of the river defacement it all came back to me. I hate that trash SO MUCH.

What kind of ignorant, fatherless, despicable, walking need-be abortion of an slime ball would take something that someone has worked hard for and put cheap trash paint on it and ruin it, then act like they have done something worthwhile and artistic? That line of thinking is a wicked, sinful thing. You are reveling in the destruction of other people's labor. You are enjoying the suffering of others.

You take $2.00 worth of paint and mess up what someone spent weeks or months earning. Or even better, you tag natural beauty - something that has been untouched for generations that is appreciated by the multitudes and because you want to be a part of a group of hundreds of thousands of losers all doing the same thing to pretend they are different, you stain it with your no-talent scribblings.
Grrrr. Grrrr....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio